Puzzle Combat forums? [Staff response post#10]

@Petri

Players are quitting, I don’t see many new coming in. The global launch has been delayed, a lot.

Please share some info with the players and spenders. I myself don’t feel motivated no more to spend money on a sinking ship.

There have been 5 HotM’s and are now repeating, we are now back on the third one. There have been 3 challenge events with a reflect color (purple, yellow, red) however the purple one just repeated. So it is now obvious that there will be no new content for the next two months so the other two HotMs and yellow and red event repeat. So no new content until September? You gotta be joking.
We need some info @Petri
-This game was first released about a year ago with a slow rollout to select countries saying the global release will be soon…when is that going to be?
-Where is the official forum?
-Will there be a summer seasonal event?
-Player base is being ignored and gladly would have gave input.
Open up a beta so we know whats coming without sudden surprises like the recent huge hero rebalancing and ascension requirement changes.

3 Likes

I agree guys. Would be nice to get some communication about what to expect… Game has great potential imo but could really use more players and some kind of timeline for the existing players.

2 Likes

I was hoping to put out the latest Hero Ranks sheet right after the May event came out now that challenge events are the last week of the month, however I was disapointed that it was a repeat event. So with there only being 5 HotM’s and this being the third repeat, and 3 of 5 events released (purple, yellow, red) and now a repeat of the purple event, it is expected that June and July are going to be the the same and no new content will be released until September! Hopefully there is a summer seasonal event.

I added a letter equivilant value to the hero ratings @Guvnor
Looking at the numbers I noticed that all heroes tend to curve toward a 3.0 to 4.0 rating due to speed (lowest is 3.2 and highest is above 5). In order to get a value lower or higher, that particular hero needs to have high or low scores in all areas rated to be outside of that zone. This zone is averageland or a B rating. There tends to be a glut of heroes that fall in the 4.0 score. I decided that this specific value is important enough to deserve a rating of its own, hence the value of A-
This new rank of A- is closer to a B value than an A, which is why those heroes have the same color code, and I only reccomend giving unfarmable ascension materials to heroes with an A or A+ rating, which is 4.25/4.5/4.75 (A) or 5.0 (A+)

I noticed this grouping of values at 4.0 when looking at E&P hero ratings if giving a numeric value to the letter values used by @Anchor. I do not want to infringe on Anchors very good job of rating E&P heroes, so I will not give my personal ratings, but they are basically the same overall. Of course Anchor rates the heroes on about 20 different points and has many people playtest to come to those numbers. Additionally there are about 2 million E&P players and I would say less than 20k PC players, so less than 1% of the pool. The only difference is that there were many heroes that I thought deserved an A that were rated a B and vice versa. In his rate system I would assume there also is a grouping of heroes at a number between an A and B, so I suggest that Anchor adds a value of A- or B+ (whichever he wants to call it) to his system as I am sure there are a lot of heroes on the edge of A and B that deserve a more suitable value.

4 Likes

Meant to ask before, but in the second sheet what does the A stand for? I’m guessing O is Offense and D is Defense and WM and PVE are clear…

3 Likes

Another update without Hollowpoint buff :pensive:

1 Like

When it releases to Sri Lanka ?

I noticed it’s available in Germany now. I think I will try it out. Is it still “soft launch” or fully launched now?

1 Like

@TheBeastxGreat, nothing confirmed from SGG about when global release will continue. There are ways to still get & play the game in other countries but only if you have an Android Phone (look up APK downloads if you’re interested).

@diesdas, it is still in “soft release” but the game is fully operational & functioning.

3 Likes

Can any of the staff confirm when the merc event will be back around? If its not for a while let ppl know, you’ll make more money :grin:

Mercenary event Jungle Showdown added @Guvnor. This event plays like a cross between a new season and a seasonal event. It has a lot of new heroes and is up for only 3 days like a new season, but has one long scenario like a seasonal event. I wonder if there will be a Mercenary event for each season and the Jungle Showdown is the summer one? This event is very green, but no reflect color, so I wonder if there will be 5 merc events? @EmpiresPuzzles can we get a some clarity on how often this event will play and if there will be different merc events?

4 Likes

Our guess was monthly but with a different theme/color/rule modifier each month. It’s nice not having the color reflect for a change, but the rewards are underwhelming given the length of the event and the fact that so few will be able to complete it.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested, the highest war machines currently in game are 10*. We’ve killed 8 in a row, but still no 11*. Hopefully they’ll add them soon enough!

2 Likes

One thing I really miss in both PC and EP: A possibility for leaders and co-leaders to check which players will participate in a war, before the matchmaking starts, and to also gain access to those check-boxes, ie they get the ability to remove non-active players from the war but still keep them in the alliance. I’ve seen several alliances that have inactive players like this. Those players might still contribute against war machines/titans, but somehow don’t get the message that they’ll have to uncheck the war marker, so their weak teams still participate without attacking. And the leaders somehow don’t want to kick those players either. Letting leaders have access to war participation for all players in the alliance could solve a lot of problems.

I really hope they make a separate forum or at least sub-forum for PC soon.

I checked in with Staff & they confirmed that the automatic opting out of an “Inactive member” is the same in PC as in EP.

So if a player uses 0 flags on two consecutive wars, they are automatically opted out of future wars.

But yes, it would be a nice QoL thing for a Leader to be able to opt-out a member…

1 Like

Huh…that’s interesting. Didn’t know that feature existed, and I’m not sure it works as intended because I have seen some members “participating” in several wars without attacking, but maybe they did attack once. I’ll keep an eye out for this to see if it works correctly.

Is there a reason we don’t have the ‘featured message’ for alliances yet? I don’t see a good reason why such a simple feature wasn’t included from start?

1 Like

I’m new to the game. My first three summons have all three been Vittoria. Meh…was my first thought…but now I think she’s hell of a hero for a 3*. Am I right? Someone with experiences?

1 Like

She’s a good 3* hero, yes.