Puzzle Combat forums? [Staff response post#10]

Just created this resource thread for Puzzles Combat,

Let me know if there is anything missing/ you want to add.

Main thing missing is the Promotion Requirements for each colour & star ranking.

4 Likes

They’re every 4 days apart :wink:

They used to be, but they nerfed it, which really sucks for new players who won’t be able to get the zombie heroes as easily.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, you’re right!

I announce when the special ops is up in the Discord server, and I just noted an 8 day gap in the most recent ones :slight_smile: It was 4 days before, that’s a shame that they extended it

@Guvnor, lookie who I got matched with in raiding today! :smile:

Screenshot_20200414-104549

Hope this doesn’t break any forum rules. If so, please accept my apology.

The battle was tense, but my rag-tag band was victorious. Orochi’s blind saved my butt. You should have won. I’m sure you’ll get me on revenge!

2 Likes

Updated the hero graphics with the new event heroes

1 Like

I don’t typically revenge but I’ll check if you’re still in the tower :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I started playing both Puzzle Combat and Empires & Puzzles in the middle of December-19. At first I liked PC better but I realized that EP was way more balanced.

Today, I feel that PC is more difficult than EP but I’m also very disappointed with PC because I never get any 4-star heroes, just 3-stars. I find it quite odd that I get 4-stars in EP with 2-day training but can never get any 4-stars in PC, despite having trained several times. It’s like you just can’t get them at all. I’ll keep trying but it seems rigged to not allow that. Also, my 3-star heroes have quite high levels now but still do less damage than heroes of equivalent levels in EP. I don’t know why the damage and difficulties seem so much worse in PC…is it because they factor in armor in PC?

EP grew on me and felt better and better, but PC just feels worse and worse the more I play…

Hmm strange; I’ve had kinda the opposite feeling… But I’ve been playing EP since 2018 and only just started PC recently so maybe its a “newness” factor.

Regarding this bit:

You’ll find (I’m like 99.9999999% sure) that the odds on the Training Centre 13 is exactly the same between PC & EP. In EP, its estimated to be about a 5% chance for getting a 4* hero out of TC13. So if you got multiples you got REALLY lucky… I know @DaveCozy ran the TC13 for ~6 months in PC & never got a 4* hero…

It’s worth remembering that both games are a grind… Neither are meant to be “completed” in a sitting… You play, you grind, you progress. Repeat.

You’ll note that the stat distribution is quite different between PC & EP. Even HP is (on average) lower in PC than in EP… Armour is a different factor altogether but I don’t believe it is affecting anything… It’s more like the new “boosted health” mechanic being introduced in EP (note it was in PC first so… :man_shrugging:)

Can’t help ya with that one :stuck_out_tongue: Advice is if you’re not enjoying one, ditch it. No point spoiling the other with the failings / feelings towards the other.

2 Likes

5% to get a 4-star from training-level 13 seems extremely low…I did expect it to be something like 10% or even 20%. In my case, 10-20% would make sense since I have gotten at least a few 4-stars (in EP)…I really don’t think I’ve been THAT lucky. It has been a decent distribution. But I think it’s way worse in PC since I never get any 4-stars at all there. It’s so bad that I hardly even get decent 3-stars, so I feel kind of stumped. I have a team that I keep levelling but it feels like I get nowhere with them and I also don’t get decent replacements. So yeah…PC is soon completely dead for me. Definitely worse odds there, worse stats, higher difficulty and…well, there was a certain appeal at the start but it’s gone now. No such feelings for EP, though.

Perceived. Just cause you feel that the odds are worse doesn’t make that so…

As I said, the EP odds on most of the training levels are pretty well studied (can search the forum to find the threads).

PC is new so doesn’t have that data dump & assessment yet. HOWEVER the TC levels are identical to EP ones so it’s MORE LIKELY that the odds of training are the same too… I mean if it ain’t broke, don’t fix irm

Still farming 12-9? Anyone Found better place for general farming, including spades, rare skill books and recruits?

There’s no better place for those items, unfortunately. 8-1 is better for recruits but no spades or rare skill books there.

2 Likes

Thanks @Starlynk . Special skills lvling and weapons upgrade system are the things I like the least about the game, think both need a rethink. Many heroes with low special waiting for some books to drop. Same with 4&5* weapons, they are hard to get and then you have to feed them to other to upgrade. This game is already an endless grind without those lvling mechanics. Need better drop rate or less requirements IMO.

1 Like

I’d disagree that there are worse stats in PC. They seem lower but you have to take those numbers in context. EP heroes are definitely more powered, but that is true for everybody so it balances it out. Same thing works the other way around in PC.

I like EP way more, but PC seems more intent in developping new game modes like Zombie Horde, Target Practice and the new Veteran Mode. On the other hand, it seems to me they are adding an unnecessary layer of complexity with the way they assign ascension materials and the way leveling weapons and special skills work. I think this might drive me off the game later on as I am fully F2P but for now it’s still fun.

You mentioned you started playing EP 4 months ago and I’d say that’s why you prefer it - there is still so much stuff to do I am sure. The game doesn’t really get stale because of Wars, Titans and Events which help it, but the quests portion is extremely overdue for a revamp with different game modes like PC has.

In the absence of a true forum for PC, I guess I’ll just ask here. I just accumulated 300 coins again, and I’m trying to decide whether to summon or hold my coins. When is the next challenge event? Are they on the same calendar as E&P? Should I hold out for that?

I’m still pretty new on PC, so my lineup right now is:

• Cooper 2*40
  • Rashan 3*29
  • Orochi 3*21
  • Catalina 3*44
  • Vittoria 3*12

My next leveling projects are:

• Jennifer 2*18
  • Catalina 1*1
  • Lena 2*25
  • Pat 2*30
  • Buzz 2*12

I also have Varvara 1 * 1 and Paladin 1 * 1, but nothing else rare or greater. So any rare is likely to help, except another red. (I also just opened the veteran campaign, and the first few missions prohibit red, naturally!) I thought about holding for a blue elemental summon, since I don’t have any rare or higher hero there, but it’s not like I can switch out Cooper until I get another healer anyway. Folks who have a little more PC experience, what do you recommend?

Yes, challenge events have been on the same schedule so far, but they’re the old school E&P challenge events, with only 10 stages and one day shorter (start on Thursday instead of Wednesday).

Having said that, in your position, I probably would not wait for the challenge event. 2* are not really worth levelling imo, so you need some 3* fast. Sure, you could wait for the challenge event, but it’ll hold you back for a couple of weeks, only to have a small chance at one of the event heroes… Probably not worth it.

Also, there are not many healers in PC… In fact, there’s only 1 4* healer in the entire game, and he’s a challenge event hero, so you want to get used to playing without a healer. Armor can help. I used Varvara instead of a healer in the beginning and now I use Bridget as a 4* Varvara, but I often play without armor as well and only attackers. So I wouldn’t advise on holding on to Cooper dearly and replace him with a 3*/4* blue ASAP, so perhaps it’s a good idea to do a Blue Elemental summon with your coins.

EDIT: Also, if you’re keen on getting a 3* healer, there’s only 2 in the game, and the best one of them is Blue (Dougal), so another reason to do Blue Elemental Summon :wink:

3 Likes

Wow! That’s nutty. Way different than E&P, where I try to run two healers constantly. Thanks for the info. Sounds like blue elemental summon it is. Happily, that’s up in just over 20 hours for me!

I do enjoy being in this position where I can wait for the right elemental summon to come around and KNOW I’ll get a 3* of the colour I need. Enjoying the feeling while I can. :joy:

1 Like