Purple Tanks

Kunchen doesn’t generally bother me unless his flanks are amazing and I can’t work the board in time (or it’s a board that I have to hit flanks but still can’t charge up)… I feel he gives me more stacking options and a decent amount of time if I can just dump on him for the first 2 or 3 turns … Ursena I can’t stand… put zeline and gm next to her and all of a sudden green, holy and blue are all at a disadvantage and that can be hard to overcome in war stacks… throw Poseidon on the end and even my purple stack has some issues doing what I want it to do, let alone it being weak to Ursena. My heal is generally slow though, so direct damage can be difficult for me at times.

1 Like

For war:
1.) Kunchen
2.) Ursena
3.) Thoth
4.) Hel

For raid defense:
1.) Ursena
2.) Kunchen
Everything else are easy kills

1 Like

Depends on buff for war but in raids my ursena has been killing it winning 2x more than losing. Field aid I use ursena but will likely use kunchen for other buffs

5 Likes

I’ve had Bosswolf at the center of my lineup for a long time, with a mana troop no less.

My cup counts fluctuate like anyone elses and I have noticed that, on certain occasions when I am climbing the leaderboard, people come after me a lot… and lose. My alliance mates can verify that I’m often raided into the top 100 before throwing a single punch.

Granted, it’s not about the tank but the supporting cast. He’s flanked by Onatel and Ariel, which helps with mana control. When Boss goes off, he only helps them go off again, etc.

That being said… the depth of my lineup is such that this is my difficulty list hardest to worst:

1. Kunchen - the -def down hurts. if anyone is going to take me down it’ll be him.
  2. Ursena – I do NOT take holy in to face her. I ignore her and focus on her flanks. She is henceforth spayed and becomes the bride of Quintus. However, a bad board and it still kinda stings when she goes off
  3. Bosswolf - not just the counter attack but the enemy mana buff. Can be quite annoying.
  4. no one. Everyone else dies easily. Kage is flimsy, Khiona doesn’t hit hard enough to matter, Seshat doesn’t cause any problems as tank, Hel is flimsy, Sartana is too squishy to tank, Aeron is at best annoying, but no match for a holy stack.
14 Likes

Curious how kage is rated flimsy when typically emblemed to 760+ defense which is pretty stout for a v fast mana shotter

But regardless i wouldnt find him a threatening tank mainly because i prefer tanks that hurt or help more than 1 so AoE or Healers for me

In the context of the discussion, he is flimsy… for a tank.

For a vfast flank? Brutal.

Hidden on the wings? also can cause heartache.

1 Like

Ursena, hands down is the hardest. Every time I face her I think to myself, “wow, she borders on the edge of OP”.

Kunch is a decent tank, but for me, he gets rolled by my mono purple team almost every time. So he’s actually lower on my list than his ‘tank ranking’ should be. I don’t run into Boss Wolf often enough to know if I have problems beating him.

Ursena
Hel
Boss Wolf
Kageburado
Khiona
Aeron
Kunchen
Seshat
Sartana

4 Likes

For Ursena’s talents, do you dump them mostly into offense?

1 Like

BW has caused me about as much grief as Ursena when he’s flanked with troublesome heroes. I’d rate Kunchen below them and like others have said, I normally ignore him and focus on his flanks, bringing a fast debuffer along (much like Aegir). Nobody has mentioned a fully emblemed up Rigard… he can be a pain too although I don’t see much of him in Diamond tier.

1 Like

Rigard is not really a problem. all he does is heal. Healers at tank are generally not a good idea (with limited exception being Kunch/Guin).

1 Like

Kunchen and Ursena both cause me grief, but I also always run three purples in my attacking team and almost never bring yellows… so that’s as much my fault as anything.

1 Like

3 Likes

Love it!!!

20rerolls

1 Like

Using your list is
Kunchen
Hel
Ursena
Seshat
Khiona
Kage
Boss Wolf
Aeron
Sartana

3 Likes

Ursena punishes people who can’t read her card and bring yellow heroes to fight her…

4 Likes

I don’t think the problems folks have with her is about reading comprehension, she’s one of the few tanks that is actively pushing you to not bring a strong color stack vs her, which generally means she’s going to get to fire (unless you mono)… and if she fires, you better be able to heal it all at a pretty quick clip or the match is over if she has strong flanks.

10 Likes

True that. And well, Kunchen and Guinevere do something that is threatening to the attacker :slight_smile: Rigard does nothing remotely threatening.

Since we’re talking 4* tanks: a fully emblemed Cyprian to me is a far more difficult tank to take down than Rigard :stuck_out_tongue: For the same reasons the counter-attack buff is annoying with Boss Wolf, except at least Cyprian has none of the other stuff (but he is average, and quite sturdy fully emblemed).

I don’t think any single shot hero is a good option for a tank.

For me, the purpose of a tank is to absorb damage, but either with a punishing AOE, debuff or Mana Control. I don’t see Kage fitting in any of those categories.

1 Like

Username
BW
Kitchen
Kage
Sesh
Hel
Quintiles
Khionna
Dom
Thoth
Sartana