Purple Tanks

Seeing more and more people using purple tanks

If you had to rank them in order, which would be toughest and which would be worst?

For me

Ursena
Kunchen
Boss wolf
Hel
Aeron
Sesh
Khiona
Kage
Sartana

Is probly how i would rank the most common ones i see

12 Likes

Ursena gives me the most problems. Hands down.

4 Likes

No boss wolf love? Not even above sartana?

1 Like

Kunchen, the rest are average.

8 Likes

Meant to put him in

Thanks

20 characters

1 Like

U find kunch bigger threat than ursena?

+1 for ursena

just ugh.

3 Likes

Yes, mostly I run into emblemed up Ursenas and i’ll mono them. She dies every time with 3 tiles. Kunchen on the other hand I always mono and he takes 4 tiles about 80% of the time. That extra tile is often difficult to come by.

I don’t feel bad running a 3/2 on Ursena. Clearly, she is a much higher risk if she goes off. I have found running a 3/2 on Kunch more often leads to losses.

4 Likes

I have tanked Ursena, Kunchen, and BW and find greater success with BW…WHEN…he has the full Crit Troop. I see most people using Mana Troop on BW and think this is a disservice. Kunchen is on par with Guin, in that if you have a horrible starting board it is tough to over come. Ursena gave me fits with my yellows and made me switch my Yurple Offense team (Always 3:2…mono is for the weak lol) but she would hit my yellows for 700-800 damage each…wow…without yellows on my offense I rarely have issues with her now.

4 Likes
  1. Ursena
  2. Boss Wolf
  3. maybe Kunchen

Maybe it’s the +20 Guardian Jackal talking but Kunchen doesn’t really present many problems for me. A 3-stack (Drake Fong, Jackal, Gretel) is all I ever use against him. I’ve been debating going back to Ares as my own tank (currently Kunchen +8) because of this.

@Ender_BattleSchool yup, Ursena did almost 800 damage to my Jackal and he didn’t even have any mana. Wish I took a screenshot, she’s a nightmare though and that “average” attack doesn’t give a lot of time to pick her off.

4 Likes

I tend to avoid Kunchen and Ursena tanks. They both cause me issues pretty equally. But I’m also kinda weak on yellows.

1 Like

Ursena gives me way more difficulty then any of the other purple tanks…she is the only tank I currently debate rerolling on unless I am feeling lucky that day

1 Like

Generally agree with that list. It’s between Kunchen and Ursena at the top for me, I lean slightly towards Kunchen. Both bait yellow stacks. Boss Wolf 3rd sounds about right.

I would rank Khiona higher than Seshat myself, but only if we’re talking straight tanking; I’d rather force attack increases via tile damage thanks to Khiona’s skill. Seshat’s minion makes her survive longer but it’s likely going to die when she’s in the center, and her dispel won’t matter as much.

1 Like

Make any difference if we’re talkin wars or raids?

BW still causes me more problems that Kunchen or Ursena.

Personally I tank with Kunchen and have a good win percentage on defense but when I raid BW often causes me real problems (the slowing mana AND riposte is a pain and I don’t run a debuffer as standard these days but I have a cleanser so riposte is a problem, defense down is not).

1 Like

Not for me. My order is still the same. Boss awolf is easier as he’s very slow. Ursena is still more challenging then kunchen in a war.

I initially replied as I was talking about raids though.

1 Like

I’d rank Ursena higher than Kunchen in wars, and I still rank Khiona higher than Seshat for general tanking :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a coin toss in the bottoms after hel for me

Put sesh above khiona just due to minions and fast mana really and of course harder hit than her cousin thoth

With the right flanks(gm and drake for example) i would agree about khiona but truly would depend on flanks

I personally love purple tanks. My Jackal +17, Poseidon +7, Drake, and Gretel raid team just eats them up…

But Ursena gives me the most trouble by far. She punishes you with an even slightly bad board and her special really puts the hurting on 4* holy heroes. Boss wolf is difficult in similar ways as Guin, but his slow mana speed makes it workable, Kunch doesn’t scare me, Hel is still A+ but isn’t MEANT to be a tank, and Aeron is serviceable but not ideal at tank.

Tanks
Ursena
Boss wolf
Kunchen
Hel
Aeron

Not viable as tank unless we are talking about a unified War Defense
Sesh
Khiona
Kage
Sartana

2 Likes

I’ve heard mixed reviews on Aeron, haven’t faced him in so long that idk if i even have an accurate opinion now but i know way back when, he was a serviceable purp tank but that was when boss wolf was really the only true purple tank so options were pretty much boss wolf hel aeron thoth sartana

War tanks are our biggest debates. So many varying opinions when it comes to choosing farm targets from opponents based on tanks. And with more n more goin to purp tanks, i had to bust open the convo to a bigger audience than 30

2 Likes