PSA - Optimal strategy for feeding duplicates to max special skill

If you have a duplicate of a hero that you are leveling and intend to fully level/ascend in the future…DO NOT feed the duplicate until the keeper hero is fully levelled/ascended. Yes, feeding a duplicate while levelling your hero grants 25% roll on special skill increase plus loads of exp which is obviously very attractive. BUT if you wait until your hero is fully levelled/ascended and feed a dupe, it is a 100% guaranteed special skill level up!! Of course if you reach 8/8 special skill or are guaranteed to reach 8/8 early in the levelling/ascending slog then this strategy does not apply, go ahead and feed if your hero is hungry :blush:

Note I can only confirm this is true for 2 and 3*, though I’m certain someone will verify it works for 4/5* heroes as well

Please bump or sticky this thread so all players are aware, as I don’t believe this is widely known info. I just got a ton of dupes from wonderland pulls and did a LOT of searching/reading on this forum, specifically looking for advice on managing duplicate heroes and feeding strategies and I never came across this crucial information. I assume this feature was added w recent update and so some of the popular older threads/player guides did not have this info. (I’m a new player, started Jan. 2019)

I unfortunately had to learn this on my own after burning a lot of my dupes the ‘wrong’ way grrrrrr…If you care to know how here is the story:

I needed to rid dupes to clear roster space after my wonderland 10x pulls and I started w Friar Tuck who I had been unlucky in levelling so far (early 3rd ascension, special level 2/8). I decided to feed the 3 dupes separately with some other 1/2* feeders to get three 25%+ rolls rather than one 75%+ chance roll. I did this for several other unleveled/partially levelled 3* heroes as well. Finally I went to try and give my 3/50 Azar a special increase (from 5/8) and when I added the single dupe Azar in the level screen the special skill increase percentage showed 100%! Shocked, I tried to replicate this effect w a 2* Layla and sure enough, fully maxed, her dupe was offering 100% chance at special increase! Lesson learned too late…clearly, I should have waited until Friar Tuck and my other heroes were 3/50 to feed the dupes which would’ve guaranteed multiple special increases #regrets

2 Likes

It’s definitely a nice new feature, and something that people should keep in mind when leveling 3* heroes (4* and 5* are incredibly unlikely not to max out the special before max level).

You’ll find the change to level-up percentage in the release notes of v18. It’s the first entry under “Smaller Fixes and Changes”:

Note that all special increase probabilities are quintupled at max level. So 10 same-color 1* or 5 same-color 2* will also give a 100% chance to increase the special.

It definitely hasn’t been retrofit into any of the old leveling guides since it’s a fairly new change. Mostly, it has been talked about in-place in various threads where people have asked specific questions on increasing special level.

2 Likes

Wow! Never noticed that either! That is awesome that ALL rolls for max levels are 5x…I guess hoarding dupes is not as important as I thought since you can train 5-10 same color 1/2* fairly easy…I think that’s more than a “small change” tho :joy: people need to be shouting this from the rooftops!

2 Likes