PSA: don't use a single 1* hero as a valid AW defensive strategy for everyone in your alliance

Lol, they come up with any possible idea to win easy.
Can’t they simply enjoy a fight?

It’s like back when i was a kid and don’t wanna play with my friend who was crazy strong on Tekken.
I play only if i win! :triumph:

2 Likes

@sopclod
We ended up 80 points shy of winning by 40,000 points

2 Likes

New AW just now. Our opponent has put out half dozen, single 1* defense teams and several other low power teams of 3 to 5* heroes). What is the best strategy to defeat this BS stuff?

why only 6 points? if I have a weak team, then I’d rather set 1 *?

Wipe em out. They just made it easy for you

2 Likes

Only 6 because it is weaker than the rest

2 Likes

It is impossible to know why an opponent is using the 1* Defense, but attack the other stronger teams which give you more points.

Problem solved. :wink:

3 Likes

I wanted to report this issue under bugs and issues but the forum will not let me report this issue there. During war teams are utilizing an exploit. They are only putting up one hero for their defense teams and this only allows for a total of 8 points for he attacking team. This allows the team to limit how many points the other team can obtain during a battle. This is a flaw in the devs programming and the alliances using this cheat shield be penalized.

This is a screen shot of the team utilizing the one hero exploit. I would like this exploit fixed and the players banned for utilizing an exploit or commonly referred to as cheating.

They just made themselves easy pickings. Easy to kill with weak and unlevelled heros. Save your strong heros for the strong teams that will be worth hundreds.

3 Likes

moved to existing thread

Please scroll up and read the first post in this thread. Revelate explains the 1* Defense quite well (and what it does to the team who uses it).

The real problem isn’t the points here, it’s the blatant lack of fun in going against a bunch of single one star heroes. This is frankly absurd and people who do it should be embarrassed. My alts alliance ran into this where out of like 29 players, only 9 put up a real defense. Crazy thing was, the rest of the folks who put up 1* have a bunch of 70s and 60s - they aren’t much lower power than the 9 who put up real defenses.

The worst part is, there’s only really 1/3 of our hits that are against anything resembling a real defense. HOW IS THAT FUN for people who are forced to use a hit to wipe out a 1 star lvl 1 over and over. Cowards. That’s what I say. Cowards. IF you can throw out a bunch of 60s or 70s and throw out a single 1 star, you’re ruining it for the other team. Shame, shame, shame!.

PS - it’s not working, we’re crushing them.

4 Likes

^^ This. :grin:

(20 characters)

1 Like

It’s a pretty silly idea to use that many 1* defenses… eventually people will figure out it’s bad math.

Unfortunately the 1* defense is probably here to stay for limited use; I don’t have any brilliant ideas for fixing it: I posted somewhere (may not have been on this forum) an idea to use a flat bonus (vis a vis 33 for every team instead of the 100% kill bonus it is now).

I don’t know if that’d really solve the issue as it would drive more attacks against the weaker opponents in general when it came to point farming, but with a narrower range between the high and low defense point values, it would decrease the rationale for sandbagging.

Instead of 4 vs 76 in a war I saw (single 1* defense vs top point value) it would move to roughly 35 and 71 while maintaining the ~2000 points for a full team kill.

Then again vs. an alliance that can trigger a full respawn: if you’re just chasing weak targets you’re going to get massacred so maybe the drawback is not a significant issue in practice.

Or a hybrid:

There’s ~1000 “bonus” points available. Currently 100% of these are distributed proportional to team defense.

Proposal: Distribute 50% of bonus points proportional to team defense, 50% on a flat per capita.

Example: a 30-member alliance sets out 20 1* defenses and 10 4000-point defenses.

Current scoring: each 1* team is worth 6 points (3 for power, 3 for victory); each 5* team is worth 188 points (94 for power, 94 for victory).

Proposed scoring: each 1* team is worth 21 points (3 for power, 18 for victory); each 5* team is worth 157 points (94 for power, 63 for victory).

By shifting some of the victory points to the weaker teams, we create a greater value to using the necessary flag to sweep that team off. If alliances understand this scoring, it will sharpen the case against using stupid weak defenses.

The hybrid approach is better than a straight flat bonus because it preserves the higher incentive for taking out the hardest teams. In a mixed alliance, with some weaker and some stronger, the hybrid system doesn’t skew the incentives to just keep wiping out the easiest targets repeatedly quite as much.

2 Likes

voilà ce que j’ai dans ma team je voulais savoir comment et à qui on les signale ?

1 Like

On le signale pardon lol

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. The “lets all set a one man defense,” has reared its ugly head in my alliance. Again. Can I make it mandatory that everyone read the forum?

Anyway, I’m just here to steal screenshots showing how horribly ineffective this strategy is.

Is there additional bonus points for wiping out an entire alliance?

1 Like

No bonus points, but everyone respawns immediately.

I’d rather have close one like that one then a 22k lead any day ! The last 30 mins was so exciting. Thanks to King of the North for that war looking foward to see you in combat again

3 Likes