PSA: don't use a single 1* hero as a valid AW defensive strategy for everyone in your alliance

3 Likes

You’re ahead of us by 1000 points. Challenge accepted!

I realize it has been discussed here on the forums many times and been brought up in peer support chat, but really, issues like this could be prevented if SG would just simply explain how scoring works when they release something. I mean if I wasn’t an avid forum reader and chat room user, I wouldn’t know that a team is worth a set amount of points and those points are distributed based on strength. Is it really to much for SG to ask when they release something, to actually explain how it works. While the forums and peer support are great tools, they don’t reach everybody.

5 Likes

People figured it out in beta and people have been telling that to everyone that will listen: this wasn’t a big secret. Here, in game, Line, Discord you name it, it’s been said.

This here was something of a different matter which I didn’t realize before: people’s chasing an exploit.

That’s a tiger of a different stripe; useful for illustration purposes, but I missed the crux of the issue.

2 Likes

This reminds me of when my cat jumped atop the wood stove. Seemed like a good idea—once. Teams will learn strategy, some the easy way by reading the forums, some by getting their paws burned.

3 Likes

I seem to recall a point that this last war your defence is all immediately revived when the last team goes down… so really won’t work then. :slight_smile:

(Point #3 in the linked update)

Yes, but tbey were attempting to.eat their heros before reival and did in.many cases. Again we were lucky they didnt succeed. They could jave capped us at 2k.
Currently we’re at 27k

This is ridiculous behavior but could be fixed with a small change. Anyone who is participating in the war cannot have a null team. If all of the existing heroes are deleted during the war, it reverts to an unleveled 1* team randomly generated by the computer with heroes that are not accessible to the player. If that is not possible, then just protect the last member of the team from getting eaten.

3 Likes

Then they will put up two 1*… your first suggestion would be more efficient

39,000 point lead. We do not have any attacks left now.

2 Likes

You win! I think we scored 32k. Congratulations!

@LSLordy, so what happened?? WHO WON???

1 Like

I would think being completely and utterly defeated as they have will teach these players to find a different strategy by the next War.

Trial and error. :wink:

3 Likes

Lol, they come up with any possible idea to win easy.
Can’t they simply enjoy a fight?

It’s like back when i was a kid and don’t wanna play with my friend who was crazy strong on Tekken.
I play only if i win! :triumph:

2 Likes

@sopclod
We ended up 80 points shy of winning by 40,000 points

2 Likes

New AW just now. Our opponent has put out half dozen, single 1* defense teams and several other low power teams of 3 to 5* heroes). What is the best strategy to defeat this BS stuff?

why only 6 points? if I have a weak team, then I’d rather set 1 *?

Wipe em out. They just made it easy for you

2 Likes

Only 6 because it is weaker than the rest

2 Likes

It is impossible to know why an opponent is using the 1* Defense, but attack the other stronger teams which give you more points.

Problem solved. :wink:

3 Likes