Proteus' special not working properly

I’m having a problem in the game with proteus’ special. I use him a lot and have seen this on quite a few instances where he doesn’t have an accuracy debuff on him and his special doesn’t hit any of the enemies and in other instances where his poison hits them but the mana affect doesn’t

Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Funny nick… :rofl:

There are some circumstances, under which heroes could miss.

• enemy with talent to resist
  • hero is blinded
  • foggy Atlantis stage
2 Likes

Actually no, I just had a raid today where I got smashed by a special I didn’t worry about, because I thought the caster is under Proteu’s mana effect. There were none of the above circumstances active and at the time I thought about a logical explanation but found none… given it was the first time that happened I let i go thinking I missed something, but now, come to think of it…

1 Like

and Wu. Another case is someone cast immunity, where neither would stick. But none of those would allow a DOT to hit but not a mana ailment, or allow a mana ailment to hit but not the DOT.

Even withstand would block both the DOT and the Mana effect.

I would recommend catching it in a recording (best) or screenshot. Sounds like a bug but I think it would be helpful to see the heroes involved first.

2 Likes

Mana Shield from a Cleric’s talent would prevent Proteus’ SS sabotage but still let the DoT through.

2 Likes

The circumstances I’m seeing this in, and it happens alot, is mostly farming season one level 8-7 the only debuffs in this situation are a defensive down from one of the bosses. I’ve also had this happen to me in raids and the team I take with me is as follows. Boldtusk chao boril proteus melendor so no wu Kong and I’m not playing Atlantis levels or against enemies that give and accuracy debuff

Could you please post a screenshot or two showing the problem?

1 Like

Next time I see it I’ll screenshot it as far as videotaping I dont know how to do that

1 Like

Could the enemy already be charged?

Proteus can’t stop a special firing if the mana bar is already full.

1 Like

You know what I’ve noticed this too with my proteus. I ignored it because I thought maybe it was a special I didn’t know about or maybe a new effect the emblems give but this post makes me think there might actually be something wrong. I’ll pay more attention if I happens again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.