Proteus, Sabina, or neither? (Already have Rigard, Cyprian and Tibertus)

The most important difference between Sabina and Proteus is that you can easily replace Sabina with any other healer but Proteus is really unique.

There are many healers in this game even among classic 4* heroes but there’s no classic hero comparable to Proteus. Among non-classics there’s Hel and she’s superior to Proteus in every aspect but she’s a 5* and it’s really hard to get her. Most similar 4*s are Merlin, Hansel and Gretel but those are event heroes and they affect only one target while Proteus affects 3.

Personally I stopped using Sabina as soon as I got Rigard. He has about 100 hp and 100 def more - it’s a huge difference especially on this level. And he’s the only classic 4* cleanser so you can replace him only with 5* like Viv but she’s slow. For dispell you can use Sonya/Caed, both fast. If you want dispelling healer then Melendor is your guy.

If you don’t have Hel then Proteus will be one of your most powerful heroes if you like to play carefully with some strategy and forward thinking. There are two sweet advantages of blocking enemies mana:

1. You can charge your mana without charging their and kill them with special skills before they can fire theirs. It’s the most obvious Proteus use case.
  2. This one is less obvious but equally important. A bad board can ruin your fight even if your team is full of maxed top 5* heroes. But if you manage to use Proteus on tank and flanks you can get rid of unwanted tiles without charging enemies mana. Yes, you don’t charge your mana either but you have a chance to turn a bad board into better one before they kill you with special skills. It’s hilarious to release a massive cascade with single diamond and watch enemies being hit by dozens of tiles and gaining literally zero mana.

Having said that, I’d only max Sabina before Proteus if I desperately needed some healer. Otherwise it’s not a question. Proteus is one of the best 4* heroes in this game, definitely top 5 for me.

1 Like

Proteus all the way. One I drew him and started using him, I never looked back. Mana stop and DoT poison? Yes please. On top of that if you are using any hero that can mana cut, they go really well with Proteus. Except for Hansel and Gretel as their specials rely on the affected hero to reach full mana. Although if you do use them with proteus, make sure they are hitting different targets.

2 Likes

Nice to see a 9-month old thread still getting traction!

I did go with Proteus and rode him to many great victories. Months later, I have two maxed Sabinas (19 and 3 emblems respectively).

Proteus ended up taking a back seat to a heavily emblemed Tibertus for the last several months, but after maxing Lianna and moving the emblems to her, Proteus is now my third purple again in 3/2 raids and war.

I managed to get a second Proteus in Atlantis and look forward to working on him someday also.

1 Like