Proteus: Best Bang for the "Buck"

Our man? Our fish? No, our Mage of Atlantis! King of chest piercings? King of hand staff? No, King of Fu Manchu.

Let’s be honest, some don’t own Hel. But this isn’t a Hel comparison. This is about the hero with most utility, for your bang…for your buck!

If you are f2p (free to play), c2p (cheap to play), or p2w (practice to win)…there is one savior, who can help you excel faster in this game. Everyone knows accession items are hard to come by, now these emblems, and we want all but can’t beat these events/quests.

Now my advice. “The Best Bang for your Buck” Hero.

PROTEUS: First off he is a 4* Atlantis hero. 4* are a lot easier to obtain, and no matter what level of play you are at, you should prioritize your pulls for Atlantis portals. Failed pulls on Atlantis fill accession chest, which will help you advance. You may pull Wilbur as well, the other best bang for your Buck hero. Next, when you do pull Proteus, as a f2p, c2p, he becomes huge. You can now beat all quests/events.

He is a game changer for up coming players, and advanced players alike. His mana freeze will be continuous if you bring enough mana pots, and no boss will ever hit you. If they do, try again. You will succeed. I would take him over most 5* heros in events, especially knowing how hard those events can be without him. I forgot how hard they are, because I love him.

Moral of the story: No matter if you play for free, for fun, or to impress your hot girlfriend… Just grind on, do what makes you happy, and level the heros you find will have the most utility. Which in the long run will get you more accession items. Rare Quests are key for those tonics, tabs, darts, rings, scopes…So if Proteus is the gate to those…Save for Atlantis!

Is he really the Best Bang for the “Buck”???

Ps. This is not financial advice, and I do not take responsibility for users 10 pull outcomes.

12 Likes

Proteus, Wilbur, Wu, Cheshire are the 4* superstars.

2 Likes

Bit early to count Cheshire in there but 100% on the first 3

3 Likes

My alt account which I retired had Proteus, me regular account does not. With my 3950 team I need more battle items to complete Legendary without Proteus, and it no sure thing. With a 3450 team and Proteus I never struggled, I will save up gems for another try for Proteus.

2 Likes

Probably right but the disruption to a raid-war defense is going to be a game changer in defense strategy combat.

The real downside I see from is that you possibly wont want to fire his special off multiple times if the rearrange is optimal. Thus you’ll be sitting on just his tile damage to get by and not benefit from the fast mana dot on everyone.

2 Likes

I would like to join the Proteus fan club. He’s a game changer in raids too. Hello diamond tier I’m here to stay (even if I only have two fully leveled 5s)

1 Like

Hansel :slight_smile:

20 characters of Hansel

1 Like

Merlin is also very good 4* hero.

1 Like

He definitely will be one of those due to fast non dispellable and reposte resistant hit em all plus his mixing feature, which may hardly weaken or even destroy the defensive strategy.

Proteus did nearly the whole job for me in Wonderland…

1 Like

This. I have 3 Proteus and love him but as I move higher into Diamond Merlin is the man. Both are hard to keep alive and they are average mana. Generally, in the Fast hitter world of Diamond, you are lucky if you can power one up before a fast hitter. I find Proteus tends to be a little late. Merlin causes the hero to damage themselves or one of their team mates AND lose all their mana.

1 Like

hansel,gretel, proteus,wilbur. those four have done more for me in more situations than 9ver half my roster. people sleep on hansel and gretels mana disruption add either of them with proteus and its curtains

2 Likes

@poopcorn Would you advice a new F2P to save gems for an Atlantis 10 pull over a special event or elemental?

1 Like

Honestly for a F2P player I would always recommend getting Wu Kong firsts, so Holy portal, or TC20, until you get him. Titian’s get you the most accession items imo. I built my first team based on what stacks, and who helps with titans only. That will grow your team the fastest, so don’t worry about events yet until hes pulled. But remember, Wu Kong can still be pulled in Atlantis.

Proteus is a straight beast. He’s a guaranteed fixture of my raid attack, and he made the challenges all so much easier. I love Merlin, but since he only targets one, I end up using him less (though that may change now that I’m into Diamond, for the reasons mentioned above).

For Titans, Wu + Wilbur + Boldtusk + color specifics (hopefully to include a color-specific defense debuff) have made tile damages soar.

1 Like

You also get an ascension materials chest on a 10 pull in Atlantis, so yes, I would recommend that as you get access to heros that are not available through you training camp.

3 Likes

This character single handedly brought me from mid gold to high platinum. He is that good. When I pulled him I was still training ameonna. I even wanted to max her before training Proteus. But I decided to give pro a try. Used him a few times and never looked back at ameonna. Then the e&p gods bestowed me with Hansel and everything was even better. Hansel to fire in case pro was too slow. They being able to shut down 4/5 heroes makes the two of them formidable. They’re that good.

4 Likes

Against event and quest bosses, Proteus, against Atlantis hard mode bosses, Proteus, diamond raiding, Proteus + emblems. Proteus’s skill makes him HOTM material and still within reach of the f2p. I was lucky to pull him. Wilbur, too. That’s why Atlantis portal is the only worthy portal…

1 Like

I keep pulling, just not getting Proteus… I have three Tritons, two Gadeirus, and uncountable 3-stars… But hope is not yet dead…

2 Likes

As unlucky as I am when it comes to pulling 5* (none in over nine month, only ones I got are from TC20), I was lucky enough to pull all the key 4*, regular and Atlantis. Best of luck getting Proteus, he is a real game changer.

2 Likes

I love Wilbur, I love Proteus … most of all, I love how I can use them together on the same team!

3 Likes