PROPOSAL - New Building: Alchemy Lab

I love the idea of this!!! When will it possibly go into effect?

Is it on the list? Petri gives some hints how close these are to fruition. :wink:

Thank you very much!!!

1 Like

Je suis contre la version ā€œcherā€ qui handicape les joueurs de condition modeste et favorise les nantis. La majoritĆ© des joueurs de Empire jouent sur tĆ©lĆ©phone pour justement ne pas devoir faire les frais dā€™une console ou autres dĆ©penses inutiles

2 Likes

I would love to have some sort of thing like this.
The only thing that is missing in your example is a conversion for the Damascus Blade.

I personally donā€™t care for another version of the forge (lone player activity) preferring something the alliance players can share. But I like this basic idea.

Instead I would create an advanced building called a Mercenary Guild. At Level 1 you would unlock Quest: McGuffin. The McGuffin would be a 3* Ascension item. The McGuffin Quest would run just like the rare quests (example Frostmarch), but be visible only to the alliance. The entire alliance could participate in the McGuffin Quest.

To start the McGuffin Quest would require X number of Alliance players to donate a single 3* Ascension item, but it could be any surplus 3* Ascension item. Only co-leaders, or leaders, can activate an alliance rare quest after enough Ascension items are donated. As each player donates an Ascension items, any eligible rare quest would become available for the co-leaders, and leader, to activate for the whole alliance with other alliance rare quests showing the needed donations.

Example
Quest: Compass (3* Ascension item) might require 8 alliance players donate one 3* Ascension item. The seven players donate 5x Chainmail Shirt, 1x Hidden Blade, 1x Trap tools. This shows Quest: Compass 7/8 to the co-leaders and leader. Another player donates a Chainmail Shirt. This shows Quest: Compass 8/8 to the co-leaders, and leader, and lets them activate it for the entire alliance.

Alliance rare quests for 4* items would require the donation of Y number of 4* items. Total number of items might vary by quest.

Built in limitations include, X alliance players would need a Mercenary Guild to activate each rare quest. Since each player can only donate one item, X alliance players would need surplus Ascension materials to activate each rare quest. Only the co-leaders, or leader, can choose and start an alliance rare quests. Completing the rare quest would require Y world energy and Z power team.

Advantages to alliance rare quests include, getting the Ascension item you want while trading a surplus Ascension item. Getting normal map loot in addition. Low level players can still get loot from the early stages of the quest, even if they donā€™t finish the whole quest and get the Ascension item.

Business note: Players would spend time, or gems, to improve their hero teams to complete alliance rare quests. Players would spend time, or gems, to collect Ascension materials to donate to their Mercenary Guild to fuel alliance rare quests. Cash players would spend gems on world energy. Lower level stages would allow new players to participate in the quests.

Alliance rare quest ingredients
The Mercenary Guild could also have Quest: Unobtainium. Unobtainium would be a 3* ingredient. To active the Unobtainium Quest would require X number of Alliance players to donate a single 3* ingredient, but it could be any surplus 3* ingredient. The Unobtainium Quest would run just like the alliance rare quests for Ascension materials.

Alliance rare quests for 4* ingredients would require the donation of Y number of 4* ingredients. Total number of donations might vary by quest.

Bonus Stage option
Each Quest: McGuffin and Quest: Unobtainium would have a final bonus stage for very high level teams. it would award double the quest prizes and award both an Ascension item and a ingredient.

Example:
Quest: Fine Steel would award Fine Steel for completing the second to last stage. Completing the last stage would award Fine Gloves (bonus Ascension material) and twice the Fine Steel of the previous stage (for a total of three times the Fine Steel). This bonus stage would be very challenging.

Data
Empire ranks?
leader
co-leader
elder
***member (no promotion required)

10 Likes

Need to cover not only Damascus blades, but also Compass, Fine Gloves, and Tome of Tactics.

4 Likes

I like the idea! It may be possible to change the production time by the amount of resources being contributed. There is an opportunity to get the necessary items. I stand still for a month, because there are no new heroes above 3 *, and three, which I can not promote - there are no items. From a long standing in one place, interest in the game falls.

1 Like

You are very right there
:slight_smile:

I would love if you could gift friends, and also after ascending a character to the max being able to fight and find certain items that increase there power into a whole new stronger versionā€¦

2 Likes

This topic is for Alchemy Lab.

You can look up Shortlist to see if your ideas have already made the Devs list of coming attractions.

I like the idea, but if Iā€™m understanding your proposal - only using like levels of Ascension Materials (AM) - you would still build large numbers of the lesser AM.

I donā€™t think I would convert a highly rare AM because as soon as I did I would surely need it for my next ascensionā€¦ an endless cycle.

Maybe allow conversion of reasonably large numbers of the lesser AM into the higher level ones. I have over 600 of a specific single star item; if theyā€™re not going to be used for crafting, theyā€™re a useless resource (for now cuz maybe later they will be needed?).

Iā€™ve gotta say @Juzam, this is a great idea. Kudos!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Or just sell unwanted items and ingredients for ham and wood;)

I would want the game to make this available after a certain level; after you have knowledge that all those ā€œuselessā€ items might be actually very useful down the line. I can use 600 Swords, for example. I have 1831 Rugged Clothes though. Iā€™d like to exchange those! :grin:

4 Likes

TC19 yo.

I donā€™t really care about being able to exchange farmable items even though I have a completely ridiculous number of common herbs; what I really want from this is being able to convert ascension items I donā€™t need (trap tools) to ones I do (shields).

This idea directly addresses the RNG factor (which really isnā€™t that engaging) of not only having a rare drop, but also a 1/7 chance roughly of not being the drop you actually need. Bad math, should be easier, this idea would make it easier.

1 Like

3902 rugged clothes here ā€¦ maybe we could open a shop? :wink:

I definitely would not mind making something useful out of this stuff. Mix in @Revelate 's common herbs, and weā€™re in business :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I do like the idea of exchange ā€œlike for likeā€, Shields for trap tools or magic orbs, etc. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

sorry, wrong posting in wrong threadā€¦

1 Like

Ditto. Even at a 2:1 ratio, or at an extra payment of gems. That is, two orbs can get you a shield, or perhaps instead an orb and 500 gems for a shield.

4 Likes