Proof of elemental chests (loot) being random

You’re not wrong but I disagree due to the fact that this is one sample and is similarly disproven by the fact that raid chests are determined at the time they are opened as you can go from one tier to the next before opening it. There is always a way to understand the randomness so it is not truly random but we currently do not understand it. We are trying though…

2 Likes

I wonder with above example of chests contents being decided on spawn, would that mean raid chests are completely different? As the tiers can improve multiple times or decrease from spawn til full til when openes

Beta is ongoing. Unfortunately, I don’t personally have an elemental chest up right now.

1 Like

Your also not wrong, but this is specifically about elemental chests that are not tiered. Which is why being pre-determined upon spawning would still work.

Or am I wrong and does it take your tier into consideration if it spawns in raid slot? That’s another question though, does the slot have any baring on the loot. We all know monster /titan chests are mainly meh, but raid can pay out more often

In any event I still believe rng is the only factor at play here. Why would they over complicate things by including the lvl of the hero/enemy killed into the mix

1 Like

That person is on to something when I full fire chest that’s providence 20 S1 I get more loot compere to green I can get in providence 7 S1 .
I believe him try it I did it many times

That is contratry to my experience, I got more AM farming fire chest in province 4 than farming holy chest from provice 10.

1 Like

I have tried both many times and have seen no difference in loot. Is just random as far as I can see.

So many words to say nothing.

While I can’t personally think of a time where there was better loot for doing the ‘boss’ levels on the map, there was certainly a time when silver tokens and farmable 3* items were NOT in the rewards so maybe there was a possibility (though I never experienced this). Not joking, it used to be all unfarmables and 3 gold tokens (troop or hero) in every, single, one.

The devs have gone on the record saying they never nerfed the elemental chest loot, but there may be a technicality where whatever algorithm or loot table they used resulted in the downgrading of tokens and unfarmables as a result of increased loot rolls being added (emblems, atlantis coins, etc.). In that way, it is true they didn’t nerf it. Or maybe it is a bug they don’t want to acknowledge or something else.

I can say that I am experiencing more farmable 3* ascension items since emblems were added.

My dataset is a year getting garbage elemental loot from both 8-7 and some of the best red Elite enemies on the board. It makes no difference.

You trying to get a rise out of me cupcake?

1 Like

These my girl got filling fire today from S2

1 Like

That is two 3* unfarmable AM, epic tokens, titan flask, they are nothing new to me despite never filling my chest upward of S1:10-6. I don’t keep track of epic token but I do remember that I have experience 3 epic token too.

I got one 4* and one 3* unfarmable by filling it in S1 province 7/8.

Map Date 4☆ Unfarmable 3☆
7-5 (Boss) 6-Mar-19 Mystic Rings Orb of Magic
7-5 (Boss) 16-Mar-19 - Orb of Magic
4-1 25-Mar-19 - Fine Gloves, Warm Cape
10-6 (Boss) 8-Apr-19 - -
8-7 14-Apr-19 Damascus Blade Trap Tools
7-4 24-Apr-19 Damascus Blade Trap Tools
10-6 (Boss) 8-May-19 - Sturdy Shield

See the number of unfarmable AM in the table, I got two 3* unfarmable by filling a chest in S1:4-1 compared to just one 3* unfarmable from filling two chest in S1:10-6.

The fact that our experience are contrary to each other mean that there is no difference when combined.

Why don’t we ask the people who posted in this thread?

@_John_Doe , you seems to get many fire chests, did you fill it at province 4 or province 19/20?

1 Like

Season 2 - 3/4 or 3/8

It seems your result is not as good as this one despite filling from S2 too:

its about am (4* mainly), not eht. you’ll see later in the game.

also its random…

1 Like

I think the elemental chests have been nerfed again recently (probably early 2019). I used to get 3 gold coins (hero or troop) almost every time. Now I get pretty much a minimum of 2, sometimes 3 of the common summons silver coin. And it seems more red books and less 4* ascension loot. I am not logging, sometimes I fill with the boss monsters or regular ways. That doesn’t seem to matter as Eddard pointed out, but it certainly seems to have nerfed in general for everyone in our alliance.