I know there is a thread for progress in one year as FTP, but yesterday was my two-year game anniversary, and I don’t see a corresponding thread for that. If one exists, I’d ask a mod to please merge.
Also, some might not consider me pure FTP because I’ve spent less than $20 in Google Play credit in two years. I consider FTP to be “no money out of my wallet”. It was nice for Google to buy me a few gems and Atlantis/Valhalla coins. Also, that low number of summons over the course of two years is unlikely to be significant; a little luck here or there, and I might be in the same place (or better) without them.
All that said, on to the meat of the post.
Player level: 61
SH level: 25
- Yellow: Poseidon +13, Vivica +9, Onatel +7, Justice 3^70, Leonidas 3^70, Norns 3^70, Joon 3^8, Ranvir 2^60, Justice 1^1, and Leonidas 1^1
- Purple: Domitia +18, Sartana +2, Quintus 3^49, Domitia 1^1 (x3), Quintus 1^1, Sartana 1^1, and Obakan 1^1
- Red: Marjana 4^80, Elena 4^80, Azlar 4^80, Khagan 3^70, Khagan 1^1 (x2), Marjana 1^1 (x2), Elena 1^1 (x3)
- Blue: Vela +7, Thorne: +6, Magni 4^80, Raffaele 2^59, Thorne 1^1, Vela 1^1
- Green: Lianna 4^51, Horghall 2^20, Kadilen 1^1, Lianna 1^1 (x2)
I am sad for those who say TC 20 doesn’t deliver, but that’s not been the case for me. In year 2, my TC 20s have really stepped up. I now have all classic legendaries except Richard, Isarnia, and Elkanen. Only Horghall came from a summon. Still running rich on yellows, and greens only started showing up this past July, so I’m behind on those, but I have lots of tonics for them! Also, I have enough dupes to feed my HA 10 for a while (looking at you, Khagan!)
Pleased with the HotM that I have pulled - except Ranvir; what a waste! I’m now at the point that I’m saving pulls and targeting specific HotM.
- Yellow: Li Xiu +20, Wu Kong +18, Chao +16, Danzaburo 4^70, Hu Tao 4^70
- Purple: Rigard +c20, Tiburtus +c20, Sabina +20, Ameonna +19, Cyprian +18, Proteus +18, Gafar +18, Rigard 3^60, Rigard 3^14, Stonecleave 1^1, Proteus 1^1, Rigard 1^1
- Red: Boldtusk +c20, Wilbur +20, Gormek +20, Sumitomo 4^70, Colen 4^70, Kelile 4^70, Scarlett 4^70, Boldtusk 2^34, Boldtusk 1^1
- Blue: Kiril +c20, Sonya +c20, Grimm +18, Sonya 4^70 (with full costume bonus), Boril 4^70, Kiril 3^60
- Green: Melendor +c20, Little John +20, Skittleskull +c18, Buddy +19, Caedmon +18, Brynhild +15, Kasshrek 4^70 (with full costume bonus), Gobbler 4^70, Caedmon 4^70, Melendor 4^70
I love my epics, and I will level one of anybody (witness Sumitomo). Costumes have been a game changer, and I almost never run Melendor, Rigard, Kasshrek, or Tiburtus out of costume. Sonya and Kiril are useful in and out of costume and get switched regularly. Still no legendary costumes, though. :sad: I’m only missing a few epic costumes now, so I’m waiting for the rest to be released before I pull for those again.
Pleased to have added special heroes like Brynhild, Buddy, and Gafar in the last year, although I’m disappointed to have made about 25 Guardians pulls over the last two events and still not having Jackal or Falcon. November looms. I also managed to add Wilbur and Proteus before Atlantis coins got nerfed into the ground, so that was good.
- Yellow: Melia 3^50, Arman 3^50, Kvasir 3^50, Costume Bane 3^50
- Purple: Gill-Ra 3^50, Chochin 3^50, Guardian Bat 3^50, Costume Renfeld 3^50, Costume Tyrum 3^50, Costume Prisca 1^1
- Red: Namahage 3^50, Ei-Dunn 3^50, Costume Azar 3^50
- Blue: Gato 3^50, Nordri 3^50, Costume Gunnar 3^50
- Green: Muggy 3^50, Hisan 3^50, Mnesseus 3^50, Costume Belith 3^50, Costume Brienne 3^50, Berden 3^50 (costume 1^1), Isshtak (1^1; costume 1^1), Carver (1^1; costume 1^1), Friar Tuck (1^1; costume 1^1)
Kvasir and Nordri are the prizes here. SGG finally made Renfeld relevant, as he’s great in costume. Ended up keeping some rares that I had previously fed away because I drew their costumes; I’ll get around to re-leveling them eventually. If I could ever get the epic Guardians, I’d love to go after some of the event rares like Pixie and Shrubbear.
Not going to the trouble of re-tallying how many I have and have used. I will never be short on Tomes or D. Blades; legendaries don’t come in at a rate fast enough to make that an issue. I have enough tonics to max two more legendaries and still have some left over, since green legendaries showed up late. I also have the mats to max Quintus, which I will, if no one better shows up before time. Waiting on scopes for Raffaele. Hoping to pull a better red legendary (Gefjon or Reuben) for my next set of rings, but don’t think I won’t max Khagan at some point if they don’t show. Have six darts, and they have Joon’s name on them.
Three-star mats are no longer a real issue, although I could use a few more hidden blades.
I am now only missing yellow mana troops. I’m still maxing the first four-star troops I got in every color, which means mana in green, red, and blue, and crit in purple and yellow. They are all between levels 21 and 24.
Have completed both S1 and S2 (normal and hard). Up to S3 province 21, level 2 (normal and hard), but will use flasks if I have to in order to finish everything that’s open next month, as I want to make a run at Gefjon. Still missing some S3 epics and rares that I’d like to have, too (looking at you, Mist). No sense going after Odin or Thor, as I’m already overrun with yellow legendaries and short on darts.
Defense team power: 4342
Defense team: Vela +7, Poseidon +13, Domitia +18, Onatel +7, Azlar 4^80
Raid wins: 7403
Longest Raid Win Streak: 42
Cup range: 2350-2550
Max cups: 2696
I basically only raid to fill chests, which means I usually re-roll until I find an opponent I think I have a good chance of beating. About 80% of the time, this defense keeps me in diamond, but I’m still not super happy with it. Unfortunately, my best two heroes are yellow, and I don’t have a dead-lock-cinch tank, so constructing a good defense has been a bit of a challenge.
Current mission progress: 298/500 (not sure how many total Titans that means, but I’ve hit every one my alliance has killed)
Finishing blows: 279
Highest Titan Damage: 111,775
Most Powerful Titan Defeated: 4* Emerald Dragon
I play in a small friends and family alliance, so we will never hit big Titans. In fact, it’s basically down to me and one other guy now, which is kind of sad, but I just prefer to know the people I game with. Only notable thing here is that I broke 100K damage on a titan three times in the last couple of months. All on 1- and 2-star titans, of course, but it still felt good. My mono red and mono blue titan teams are best; my mono green team is garbage.
Nothing noteworthy here. Every war is basically my bench against the opponents’ bench. The other guy who still wars with me is pretty casual and usually can’t even flip one team.
Events and quests
Revamping seasonal and challenge events was a great move by SGG. Love the expanded format, and I can obviously finish them all on every tier, even if items have to get involved occasionally.
ToL takes the most preparation and yields the least reward, but at least they added a shot at the current HotM. As F2P, any shot at the HotM that I don’t have to pay for is welcome. PoV can be a pain, but typically, I can get the four-star mat, and that’s the main thing.
I’m still amazed that E&P holds this much charm for me two years in and without spending money. Now, I do foresee a point where, if SGG doesn’t loosen the reigns on some of its paywalled heroes, I will lose interest. There’s only so many duplicate Kirils and Boldtusks and Rigards that one needs. You gotta keep the new stuff flowing for everyone, SGG. Will there be a year three post for the Weasel? We’ll see.
This was my one-year post for comparison:
Tagging @GryphonKnight, as you expressed interest in seeing this. Couldn’t have done it without your early advice.