Progress from One Year as a Free to Play (F2P) Player [MASTER]

I’ve been playing since Feb. Only done single pulls so far, saving for a ten. Did elemental pulls early, pulled BT early on that. Did two Atlantis pulls got Sonya, Li Xiu, Melendor, Boril, Wilbur, Ameonna, Danzaburo, and my only 5* Hel. Def team abt 3180… raiding 1500 ish, in gold. Just got sh to 17, can’t wait for 20, but having a hard time leveling what I got. Hel is 3.35 ish, the other 4 on primary is all 4th tier, but not maxed. C2p… do VIP, Atlantis gems offers, occasional ascension material guarantees…

1 Like

Thanks everyone, for sharing. Really interesting seeing RNG and luck in action… and wishing you all some good luck in the near future.

I started playing September (or was it October?) 2018. Level 45.

I’ve only spent 2.99 EUR on 200 gems (which allowed me to summon during Avalon, and got me Lancelot, and that was extremely lucky as Red is my weakest color - only one without a 5* so far!). Everything else was done without spending, so I’ll share my stats without Lance.

I’ve been very lucky with summons, and horribly unlucky with TCs (only 3 4s so far and not a single 5! though I did stop TC20 for a couple of months to level the 5s I got).

1. Eight 5*s, 2 per color except Red. All are from summons. 5 HOTMs, 1 Atlantis and 2 Seasonals:
  • Green: Margaret, Gregorion (both HOTM)
  • Blue: Aegir (HOTM), Lepus (seasonal)
  • Yellow: Inari (Atlantis), Rana (seasonal)
  • Purple: Aeron, Seshat (both HOTM)
  1. 19 4*s excluding Lancelot. Only 3 came from TCs (Sabina from TC13, and Boril and Boldtusk from TC20), so that makes 16 summoned. Of these, 1 seasonal and 5 Atlantis.
  • Red: Gormek x2, Scarlett, Boldtusk
  • Green: Skittleskull, Jack O’Hare, Gadeirus, Gobbler, Kashhrek
  • Blue: Kiril, Triton, Sonya, Grimm, Agwe
  • Yellow: Li Xiu, Chao
  • Purple: Proteus x2, Sabina

I also have at least one of every classic and Atlantis 3; plus Hisan and Vlad among the seasonals (missing Arman and Rudolph).

Strongest possible hero team is 3973 power. Whether it’s any good, I don’t know, never tested it in Raids :stuck_out_tongue: Margaret +1, Inari +1, Lepus +1, Proteus +13 and Lancelot +14 (until pulling Boldtusk 2 days ago, Lance was my only usable Fighter)!

Been relatively lucky with Troops:

• 3 Yellow 4* troops
  • 3 Red 4* troops
  • 2 Purple 4* troops
  • 1 Blue 4* troop
  • 1 Green 4* troop (just pulled last month)

Some of my most memorable strokes of luck:

1. I badly needed a Yellow 4*, so decided to do an elemental summon in January. Out popped Li Xiu on my first try.
  2. Proteus was my second Atlantis summon and my third 4* overall. Would be nowhere near where I am today without him.
  3. Although I say my TC luck has been bad, because I’ve only gotten three 4s so far, Sabina was my first TC success AND my first 4 healer and dispeller! So yes, definitely very lucky.
  4. I got Gormek + Aegir together in October from the same Epic Hero Token. My first 4* and my first 5*. alas, I couldn’t level them up right away and so they couldn’t help me much through the underwater levels of Atlantis :slight_smile: Especially, Gormek is a Red and has halved attack there…
  5. Both Lepus and Rana came out from the Epic Hero Token rewards for finishing their respective seasonal challenges. I decided not to save my tokens for next event, and what a relief that both decisions turned out well.

I’ll keep this post short, compared to my usual posts (because I think most forum readers see my name followed by a wall of text and just scroll down) :laughing:

Both my girlfriend and I are C2P. Most of my alliance mates are F2P or C2P. My girlfriend and several other members of my alliance who have spent less money than me have gotten better overall pulls. Even a couple of our totally F2P members have better heroes than I do.

So much for pay2win. :stuck_out_tongue:
I could spend more, but if I have the same luck that I usually do, it would be a complete waste of money.

Nice post, i saw u commented on mine too. I love reading and checking other f2p progression. If i may add something - would be good if we could see pictures of hero roster from all who posted here so we can see how many heroes are actually maxed and in progress of maxing.

I would also paste a link to my f2p topic if anyone is interested to check it out :slight_smile:

Nice job on progression, i know how hard things might get at some point. The thing is not to give up in those moments and keep follow your plans.

Thanks for sharing and good luck :slight_smile:

@zephyr1, we seem to have some really similar posts going on here on the general notion of progress after a year of being completely F2P. Can we do a little consolidation? I want to make a post in this vein, as I will hit my anniversary later this month, but I need to know where to put it.

1 Like

Sure! I’ll take a look at that later tonight or tomorrow. Real life stuff is keeping me busy for the moment, but I’ll come back to it ASAP. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey guys! This week i make a full year as completely free to play person in this game and wanted to share with you what i have accomplished during this period.

It’s been some fun playing around on this game. I have to say i still have the same fire and passion since day one. Furthermore - since i am seeing results for my hard work and dedication and a long period of hours spent in the game, it’s becoming more and more interesting with each next day. Set a plan to follow, reach this point, feel the pleasure, move on the next step of growing (you know this feeling).

So without further delay, lets move on the results.

1. Hero Roster - Most of the people playing this game probably don’t know the feeling to struggle with pulling a good hero(s). Spending money makes things easier, at least for hero pulls (although i have seen a lot of Atlantis x30 and normal x10 pulls with really bad luck). But i assure you for free to play people it’s really hard to get a decent pull, especially in the beginning months (and even if they are lucky to pull a 5*, takes forever to collect the materials to max it). Training Camps help a lot, Atlantis coins also, but still luck is the thing that matters to make a good pull. I can’t say i have been really lucky when i did pulls with gems (that i hardly collected) but i can’t complain as well. I am happy with what i have got.

So i have 5 maxed 5*, one (Vivica) on the way to be maxed, 3 at 3-70 and 2 more that i will probably pay attention to in future.

As for 4* heroes - they are my pride. I am more focused on building a decent 4* army of heroes while waiting for good 5* from TC. They help a lot in wars, make my bench really deep. I have got 21 fully maxed 4* (+ 2nd Triton almost maxed). Working on a few more, some duplicates that are really good and useful in raids and wars.

Next up 3* - as i said, being free to play means a long wait for good heroes. I had that long period i waited for good 4* and 5*, so i focused on my 3s in that time. My bench of 3 heroes is also deep - 4 of each color, mostly fast mana. Doing really great in tournaments and events. Proud of them as well.

I am posting my roster so you guys can see it.

1. Ascension Items - Hero pulls might not be my luckiest part of the game but i am quite happy with my loot luck. This luck helped me fully ascend that many heroes, still a lot waiting and i got materials for most. Apart from what i have already used, this is what i have at the moment. Please have in mind as a f2p i have never bought any offer :slight_smile:

1. Next up - Cups - having bench of heroes helps me compete in raids. I normally keep around 2500-2600 cups, sometimes less, sometimes more but most of the time in that range. Actually i am going to show you something that i have achieved just recently and i am really proud of :slight_smile:

Global rank #1 :slight_smile: Not bad for a f2p, huh? :wink:

I have to say i have no problems on map, events, Season 2 is already fully completed (quite great rewards :slight_smile: ) So basically i think i am doing really good, at least for f2p and for that period of 1 year.

My advise to the rest f2p people, especially to the beginners - don’t get upset if you don’t get anything great at the beginning. In this game you have to be really patient, everything comes with time and your efforts will be rewarded. Good thing about it - you don’t need to spend insane amount of money to prove yourself you are good. You learn in time, some slowly, some quicker. Watch videos on youtube about beginners tips, things you should know since the start to make it easier for you, raids (i love those videos). There are really good videos, people have put a great effort making them and explaining everything perfectly. A BIG THANKS to those people. The quicker you learn, the quicker good results will come :slight_smile:

Finally to the end of that really long topic that i have a lot more to say, but i don’t wish to take more of your time - i would like to thank those who spent some time reading this. Hopefully it was interesting for most, hopefully this might help and motivate rest f2p people and beginners.

Please share your thoughts and add anything in the comments you think might be needed in this topic. I would love to see others f2p progression as well :slight_smile:
Be blessed, be good and have a wonderful day <3

45 Likes

Fresh air here…really…thanx my friend, for sharing :wink:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your milestone! You’ve written an excellent post about your experience. I was a free-to-play player for 18 months and also built a nice roster of solid, albeit mainly vanilla heroes.

I was never very lucky with my summons (still not), but did pretty well in my level 20 training camps. Three Liannas on one profile and three Sartanas on the other one can still do some awesome damage!

I only started buying some packages after 18 months because I realized how much I was enjoying the game and felt committed to it. I’d dropped some of my other hobbies so I was comfortable in diverting those funds to the game.

My belief is that free-to-players develop the patience to do well without experiencing some of the rage and frustrations of players who spend. Our expectations are lower so we are happy when we are rewarded with the occasional HOTM or an unexpected ascension item.

I’ve been very lucky to be in an excellent alliance with other people who share my enjoyment (and frustrations!) with the game.

6 Likes

What a lovely, positive post - thank you so much for sharing. This should be required reading for all people just starting out.

Makes a lovely change from all the whingeing that goes on here.
Congratulations and thank-you.

5 Likes

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Tribl! :wink:

Great post!
I can only add that this player beside being very efficient in wars and titans is also great teammate!

5 Likes

I’m also 100% f2p. I’ve also pulled Kunchen and Anzogh. Coincidence? :laughing: I’ve only been playing for 10 months though.

I agree with what you said. It’s all about patience for f2p, for everybody who plays the game, really.

Congrats on getting to #1 of the world btw. I haven’t reached that milestone yet. I’m #1 local very frequently tho :+1:

3 Likes

This is my favorite forum post. Thanks so much for sharing.

4 Likes

I don’t know, Kunchen, Anzogh, Zimkitha, right there you beat my whole HOTM team of Aeron and Gregorion. Plus you have Proteus!

4 Likes

Congrats on the deep roster you’ve assembled and #1 ranking. Both very impressive feats. My best is not even top 1000 but I haven’t really made any effort yet. I’m still working on my deep bench after 18 months.

2 Likes

Hero pulls not your luckiest part of the game? Wow! The rest of your luck must be amazing! lol I’m at a year and a half as 100% F2P and you have a far better roster than me right now. Anzogh is my only HotM and Danzaburo is my only Atlantis hero. Other than that all my heroes are classic (almost all from TC20). I’d kill for a Proteus or Wilbur or Kunchen. Heck you’ve got doubles of Triton and Sumitomo too! The worst thing hindering me is that I JUST finally pulled my very first blue 5* (Thorne) this week. Now a few of my 20 telescopes can finally be put to use! lol

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on one year as a F2P and I’m seriously impressed by your roster, you’ve had some very good luck with the non-classic heroes.

5 Likes

@Noble_Weasel Thanks for the heads up!

I merged the other recent thread into this one, and updated the title to help make it easier for people to find in the future. :heart_decoration:

Looking forward to your update!

4 Likes

That’s pretty awesome @_John_Doe

1 Like