Progress from One Year as a Free to Play (F2P) Player [MASTER]

Happy one-year E&P anniversary to me! Been F2P all the way, so I thought I’d give an update for those interested.

Player level: 45
SH level: 21

Legendary Heroes

• Yellow: Poseidon +2, Onatel 3^70, Vivica 3^37, Leonidas 2^60, and Ranvir 2^60
  • Purple: Domitia 4^67, Domitia 1^1
  • Red: Azlar 3^51
  • Blue: Thorne: 4^36, Thorne 1^1
  • Green: none :frowning_face:

All of these are from TC 20 except Poseidon, Onatel, and Ranvir, who are not available from TC 20, or course. I consider myself to have had extraordinary luck to have pulled 2 HotM in a year. Hate that they were both yellow, though. I regularly run 2 TC 20s.

Epic Heroes

• Yellow: Danzaburo +19, Li Xiu +9, Wu Kong 1^1, Hu Tao 1^1, Chao 1^1, 2 x Danzaburo 1^1
  • Purple: Rigard +20, Sabina +19, Tiburtus +17, Ameonna 3^60, 2 x Cyprian 1^1, 2 x Rigard 1^1, 4 x Tiburtus 1^1
  • Red: Gormek +19, Boldtusk +14, Colen 4^70, Kelile 4^70, Kelile 3^60, Colen 1^1
  • Blue: Kiril +19, Sonya +14, Grimm 4^70, Boril 4^70, Kiril 1^1, 2 x Grimm 1^1, 3 x Sonya 1^1
  • Green: Melendor +18, Caedmon 4^70, Little John 4^70, Skittleskull 4^70, Melendor 3^60, Caedmon 2^33, Little John 1^1

I’m missing two classic epics: Scarlett and Kashrek. I care about Scarlett, not so much about Kashrek.

You can see how drawing legendary yellows hamstrung my development of epic yellows. That’s OK, because the epics aren’t that great. I do wish I’d gotten Chao earlier for ranger quests. I just pulled him week before last.

I’m still saving some dupes for Hero Academy, and I will likely level at least one dupe of every classic epic in preparation for costumes.

Notable rares

• Yellow: Bane +20, Melia 3^50, Arman 2^12
  • Purple: Gill-Ra 3^50
  • Red: Namahage 3^50
  • Blue: Gato 3^50
  • Green: Muggy 3^50, Hisan 3^50, Mnesseus 3^50

I’ve had terrible luck drawing event heroes, except at the rare level last Easter. I still wouldn’t mind getting Chochin from S2.

Ascension mats

• 12 x Damascus Blades (3 used)
  • 11 x Tome of Tactics (3 used)
  • 11 x Mystic Rings
  • 11 x Poison Darts (6 used)
  • 9 x Farsight Telescopes (6 used)
  • 7 x Royal Tabards (6 used)
  • 7 x Mysterious Tonics
  • 27 x Compass (15 used)
  • 18 x Fine Gloves (15 used)
  • 31 x Orbs of Magic (24 used)
  • 29 x Sturdy Shields (16 used)
  • 28 x Warm Capes (24 used)
  • 25 x Hidden Blades (16 used)
  • 24 x Trap Tools (20 used)

Three-star mats have been coming in at a good enough rate to keep up with my leveling projects. Darts haven’t been, because I’m so yellow-heavy, but the rest have been OK.

Four-star Troops

• Yellow: Crit (level 13)
  • Purple: Crit (level 15), Crit (level 1), 2 x Mana (level 1)
  • Red: Mana (level 12), Crit (level 1)
  • Blue: Mana (level 13), 2 x Mana
  • Green: Mana (level 12)

Feel great about having all five colors. Thought I’d never draw a green. I know mana troops seem to be preferred over crit, but I’ve just been leveling whatever I started with. At least in the case of purple, at least, I think that will be OK. Domitia could use a little extra survivability.

Map levels
Have completed both S1 and S2 (normal and hard). Really wish there were a more reliable way to earn Atlantis coins now besides chasing the stupid sea dragon.

Raids
Defense team power: 3876
Defense team: Melendor +18, Boldtusk +14, Boril 4^70, Poseidon + 2, Domitia 4^67
Raid wins: 3915
Longest Raid Win Streak: 42
Cup range: 2200-2400
Max cups: 2506

I basically only raid to fill chests, which means I usually re-roll until I find an opponent I think I have a good chance of beating. I can sometimes get up into diamond - I have 20 wins there - but my defense team can’t quite keep me there yet. Hoping when I emblem Domitia, max and emblem Thorne, and max Azlar, it will be a different story.

Titans
Current mission progress: 9/500 (not sure how many total Titans that means, but I’ve hit every one my alliance has killed)
Finishing blows: 119
Highest Titan Damage: 91,279
Most Powerful Titan Defeated: 3* Goblin King

I play in a small friends and family alliance, so we will never hit big Titans. I am always my alliance’s leader in Titan damage. I’ve been playing the longest, so this makes sense. It used to be close with one other member, but then I got Ranvir.

Alliance wars
I am always my alliance’s best player, and it generally isn’t close. My next most senior member drew Kaidlen and Sartana early, and it still hamstrings his bench depth. I was fortunate enough not to draw any big guns until @Gryphonknight had educated me about the importance of leveling rares and epics before legendaries.

Events and quests
I have been able to finish all rare quests for a while now.

The first challenge event that I finished was the first iteration of Wonderland in February (?), although it didn’t count because I finished the boss about 10 minutes after the event ended. Glad SGG has fixed that now. Drawing Onatel in January made the difference. It’s honestly ridiculous how important mana control is to finish these events.

I didn’t have a ton of trouble finishing the revamped Avalon this time, and I was actually able to compete for a decent reward tier. Really love the new format. Great job, SGG. Saving all challenge coins for Guardians, as I am targeting both Jackal and Falcon. After that, Hansel from Grimforest.

As for seasonal events, the first one I managed to finish was Springvale 2019. So glad I was able to finish Sand Empire for the darts. Looking forward to unleashing Poseidon on the vampires. I was a complete noob last time Morlovia came around.

That’s about it. Still loving this game and the ability to do lots of fun stuff without having to spend money. Happy gaming, all.

7 Likes