🕵 Prof. Lidenbrock – S4 Hero – 5* Holy/ Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I know but I am not sure that is why I need someone to test it.

I’m in the same boat i got the Dr. but if its only new in theory it shouldn’t keep resetting as the ailment time just resets not apply a new ailment. That’s the hard part of new heros is trying to test them vs. each other.

I have her at +17 now and had been tank her with Alfrike and Ursena flanks. Mixed results right now, but it’s all a shell game until I see where she best fits in. Recently moved Heimdall+20 to tank and her on left flank and it’s done well in the last 12 hours or so.

As reported (and as reads on the card), it only resets when you get the new ailment for the first time. So just because Marjana is burning you for 6 turns doesn’t mean it resets 6 turns… it only goes back to 4 after the initial application of the ailment.

The question is interesting, and it works not really but still a little bit.

Before the rabbit fired, 3 turns left

After the rabbit fired, reset to 4 turns because def down is a new status effect

One turn later, Lidenbrock healed, rabbit def down is reset because of that, lindenbrock heal is also reset, still 4 turns of heal. It seems that reseting is considered a new/different status effect.

Another turn later, Lidenbrock healed, rabbit def down reset, but now the heal is only 3 turns. It seems that the second reset isn’t considered something new.

Goes on until the effect ends. So the rabbit and probably Alice resets the counter twice, once with there original status effect and a second time when the status effect is first reset.

6 Likes

Yes, it look like that they resets the counter twice which is very weird.
I think your explanation is correct that the ailment that are reseted is new/different from the original ailment.
Thank you.

Guess I don’t see the ailment listed in her special. Where does it say about ailment. Guess I’m blind. :woman_shrugging:

• Cleanses status ailments from all allies.
  • Boosts health of all allies by 200. If health exceeds max HP, it is added as temporary HP.
  • All allies’ haelth is boosted by 600 HP over 4 turns. The effect duration is reset if the target receives status ailments.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Ohhhh, the 3rd part is what I missed :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Possible interesting synergy between Professor and Francine. Francine allows the ailment to hit, reseting the heal, then cleanses at the end of the turn. Not that a regular cleanser can’t do that, but it’s 3 turns if protection, possible resets of the OHoT without much negative effect

3 Likes

Still uncertain about ascending her. In War, having enough tiles to file Killhare and her will be tough. Very fast wars should be fun but is it worth the darts just for that?

Best healer in the game for me. At +20, beating 8-9/10 of Bera tank attempts and FBO defences off the bat. Useful also in war defences and titans - nice to end a titan battle with some of your heroes on 2000+ HP :grin: By no means at all do you need a debuff hero like Killhare to use the Prof.

6 Likes

The best healers in the game are Garnet and Toxicandra. If I must choice one, it would be Toxicandra. However, their contributions are very close.

Because they are faster than many others ?
To my mind, I find Raffaele more powerful, even though he is slow. He can be a game changer, same for Mother North. As always, it’s a matter of point of view. But I like to say there is no a best healer in the game. They all are different, and made for different purposes.

3 Likes

I have Uranus sitting at 370 and he is gonna wait being the reviews from those who have the Prof have been outstanding. Last thing I really need in holy is another healer but starting with 20% mana takes her to another level as far as healers go. I’ve faced her a couple of times and she is a serious PITA weven if you get Bera out

Lidenbrock was phenomenal in the Fast Mana tournament. I had grade A defense throughout despite a total HP in the 4400’s.

Also on offense starting with the 20% mana meant she charged almost immediately as soon as I got yellow tiles matched. The few battles I lost were ones where I didn’t start with yellow tiles. Everything else was a cakewalk.

I expect she will be super fun (and a nightmare for opponents) in Fast Mana wars too.

1 Like

What I can’t figure out is whether she is best suited at tank or flank. Right now I have Thorne +20 at tank (Paladin skill makes his DEF ridiculous when it kicks in) and Lidenbrock at flank with Malicna on Wing. Kadilen and Khagan round out the defense.

Intented for Griffin (and HotM) but got her in my 2nd 10x pull. No hotm, no griffin; i am disappointed. I have 2 pigs, 1 sheep already. She is not as bright as others say because my yellow heroes suck. I can’t pair her with Justice and Neith. Without having a sniper (i dont count Chao as sniper), she is not useful for me. I wish there could be trade in the game, i could trade her with Leonidas or Joon.

Have faced her in some raids.
She can really make the difference in a battle, the constant healing is significant so if you can’t line up on-color tiles for a few turns the opponent can quickly be stronger than when the battle began.
You will eventually summon Griffin if you summon regularly (2 x 10 per window will get you there) but the 5* are much more elusive and the Prof is well above average. Run TC20 and you will eventually get Leo but will never find the Prof.

I got lucky and pulled her along with Elizabeth and Dr Moreau on a 10x pull. Looking forward to leveling her.

1 Like

That was a helluva 10-pull!