Private Messages & Friends Lists, Player Search - Please add your comments & ideas here!

100 ?already!

Empires is just gaining in popularity. Once you start getting spam for discounts on gems & ascension items then Empires has hit the big time. Once that happens, oh the troll hoards descend.

1 Like

With the addition of AW, person to person ally messaging is needed. We have people that have been in the alliance for almost a year that fully participate in titan battles but have never posted in the alliance chat, so I have to assume they do not read it. With the addition of AW, it is now necessary to plan and strategize. Thereā€™s one guy who put Ares in the corner on his defense team, there are others who are making novice mistakes as well. We will also often coordinate between the strong guys to take on the big players, then have the weaker guys clean up. Right now weaker guys who donā€™t read are smashing themselves against a wall and getting 1 or 2 points.

Anyway, we donā€™t want to boot these people, theyā€™ve been with us a long time, and while weā€™d love everyone to be social, the social part of gaming isnā€™t for everyone. And that was OK until AW. Weā€™d like to be able to reach out and work with them. If thereā€™s a message counter in their face saying they have 3 new direct messages maybe they will answer. And if not, then we can decide if we should give them the boot.

Bottom line though is we need a way to communicate with individuals who donā€™t use, and have never used, the alliance chat.

3 Likes

Alliance chat is plenty. Keep private messaging on the ā€œruled outā€ list!

2 Likes

I myself as a leader would like it you can talk to the person without everyone in the business of what you wanna say.

2 Likes

The problem our alliance is having is our leader is MIA. We have no way of contacting him to find out whatā€™s up. Are co-leaders able to boot him? Sorry if Iā€™m ignorant to these functions. I am one of the co-leaders and our members are chafing at the bit to get him out. Thanks for help!

I like to limit the number of apps with permissions on my phone. Leaders and co-leaders should talk about members and promotions in private with the game. Just saying. : )

1 Like

Alas there is no current mechanism in-Game to oust an absent leader.

As an alliance leader, my advice would be to make a new alliance for the active players, and as a Line chat user, Iā€™d coordinate the move through Line, so no player gets lost during the move.

Perhaps someone else has an idea that might work better for you?

@AssassinsPride @Segflash The discussion is on regarding whether or not this will be added to the game in future. Have you searched the ā€œShortlistā€ by Petri to see what SG is and isnā€™t working on? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dev can u add a new global room? Everyday i see pinoys speaking tagalog in english room. They say its because they dont have their own global room, although I have suggested to use the international room. They dont seemed to even want to consider that and instead feeling offended eventhough i was talking politely. They r quite chatty u know. Wouldnt it be best for them and others that they have their own global room?

2 Likes

Can you make a Puerto Rican flag :puerto_rico: banner for my alliance Puerto Ricanā€™s in Paris? Thanks

I totally agree with you. The game really need private message option !
Sometimes players in game wont download Line and I can understand they wont lose time to join discussion, but those players never read alliance chat too because there are lot of messages sended previously and there is a ā€œ+50ā€ to read, they wont lose time to read all message.
But with titan or alliance wars we need to give some advice or order to few players who they never read the alliance chat, and need to know if they read what you said, its really important.
The alliance chat (and global too) get a short memory and after messages dissapeard, in this case we really need some private message with a notification when its read for all players wont waste time in Line or read more fifty messagesā€¦
Please Dev, really try to considere this idea, for a better experience in game and teamwork thats would be a great things.

2 Likes

Third party appā€™s, fb groups and face to face meetings are great when you know each other and are already in contact. In my alliance we are a step behind that. We canā€™t get in touch with new recruits we know nothing about them.

The possibility to send a direct message to their inbox asking to join the alliance chat would be nice to give the first step.

2 Likes

@Oraculogamer I agree completely! Many other games similar to E&P (Like Final Fantasy XV) offer the ability to PM & Send individual emails.

They also have ā€œGuild Chatā€ & ā€œRealm Chatā€, which everyone can see. I donā€™t see why adding a PM option on to E&P would be so far removedā€¦

3 Likes

Anyway you could put a " send message" option on our profiles, or a create chat option for you and your friends?

2 Likes

This suggestion is under the ruled out requests.

2 Likes

you wanna make a friend listā€¦and maybe to challange friends ā€¦or something else

2 Likes

I own the alliance Force United and as I was trying to recruit it gets hectic with everyone trying to obtain that person. Or you want to be able to explain the situation to them but canā€™t. Why donā€™t they give us private messaging? It would be so much easy seeing someone in chat and being able to message them privately.

1 Like

That could lead to abuse, so probably better not done

1 Like

Itā€™s like this. We are all adultsā€¦ Thatā€™s what the REPORT button is for. Once Small Giant starts banning people that will be the end of it.

1 Like

Weā€™re not all adults. The Terms of Service allow for teens 13+ to play. And reporting will not deter people. Facebook and Twitter both have a report and block system, and the punishment is generally slow to come.

Here, Iā€™ve been really trigger-happy with the report button, yet I havenā€™t seen any change. The chat rooms in Portuguese are horrible to be in.

Take a look at the Experienced Room, for example.

You donā€™t need to understand Portuguese to know these are all alliance recruitment spams. And the issue is not that theyā€™re doing that, but that theyā€™re only doing that. Itā€™s impossible to have a conversation going there.

In General, you have some conversations with a lot of spam (Iā€™ve already blocked a lot of people there) and so on.

SG doesnā€™t have the resources, right now, according to them, to hire moderators for chat rooms. They wonā€™t be able to review personal messages, and those tend to be really heavy sometimes.

2 Likes

As many people are worried about it youd believe you probably think your the ones who will be harrassed.