Private Messages & Friends Lists, Player Search - Please add your comments & ideas here!

Thank you for your reply Rook!

Thank you @Coppersky for your supportive reply.

I could have really used that feature this morning in my alliance, as my Co-Leader & I have some important Alliance issues that we need to discuss. Neither of us wish to use Line, it is our preference to keep all matters of the game within the game. However, it is becoming increasingly difficult to discuss important Alliance matters as we continue to add more members & grow.

We are a relatively new alliance and I am quickly realizing the importance of having a way to speak with my Co leader and even my Elder in private. It is becoming a dilemma for us.

Side note: I haven’t had a chance to see all of the new features, but so far I am loving the features I have seen with the new update!

As Always, Thank you for your Help. :grin:

3 Likes

I feel that private messaging would help for the fact that there have been times when we have had a player not attacking the Titan despite being recently active. In our alliance this will cause for them to get dismissed from the alliance. We currently post messages but we’re not sure if they are seeing them. With private messaging the chance of that person seeing the message would be greater, I feel.

Thank you

2 Likes

This is already possible by using an app like line or discord. Just make it a required part of joining your alliance.

1 Like

Lots more information on game improvements and requests in this thread: Shortlist of Frequent Requests (Ruled Out & Considering - Please Read Before Posting!)

Ребята, в ответ на просьбу сделать ЛС отправлять к другим приложениям-это ну ВАЩЕ несерьезно(((. Это все равно как если бы продавец в магазине из за того что ему лень менять крупную купюру посылает покупателя в другой маркет…((

Just wondering, why it is possible to create a chatroom for special languages (and why just for one language), but it seems to be impossible to create - for Alliance Members - the option to sent a private message

It’s not that they can’t, they don’t want to. See here Shortlist of Frequent Requests (Ruled Out & Considering - Please Read Before Posting!)

private messages open up all sorts of direct bullying, targeting, harassing, etc. They don’t want to have to moderate that.

PS There’s also a big thread on this already further down in this same section.

7 Likes

It would be nice, especially as an alliance leader, to be able to directly communicate. Seems a bit ridiculous that there is in game mail, that chats have built in moderation but we can’t check on a player in our own alliance. Not everyone uses chat no matter how much we ask. Using the reasons of probable bullying seems ignorant considering there is a way to report such things built into the game already.

1 Like

I can understand why people would want to have a friends list but I don’t think that it would be a good idea to add that to this game. I have witnessed a lot of arguements between players on the global page so allowing players to send personal messages opens the door to players being attacked.
There should however be a way where leaders and Co leaders can invite people into the alliance like it says rather than them having to ask.

1 Like

I can understand why you don’t want to add a friends list in the game and I also understand why you don’t want to add the fact that we can message each other however it would be a good idea if the leader and Co leaders of an alliance had a certain amount of set messages that could be sent to individual members. Example, Well done on killing the titan. Or Wow you’re doing a fantastic job. Well done.

Or even Leader, Co-Leader and Elder. (Our alliance currently uses Line app for such messages.)

3 Likes

Not everyone has Line or Facebook and some don’t have time to swap from 1 to the other and others just don’t have memory space either. To give someone a compliment for playing well it would be a lot easier if it was on the game itself. I’m sure all 30 members of your alliance are not on the line app.

1 Like

Actually, we have our current members, plus several Alums:

I’m a firm believer in external communication for a number of reasons, but I’m not against in-Game Chat. I’m just aware it’s not on the current to do list:

Shortlist

2 Likes

There definitely should be a private messaging mode. Some people are just too talkative…
So trying to be polite, a pointing towards private mode would be helpful.
Happy New year!

Please read the shortlist (link above). Due to safety issues (among others), this option is not currently being considered.

Hi, i’ve been reading the reasons for the decisions made, but i wanted to add my personal opinion, as it was asked in general. Interesting to see this board and game developing. :+1:

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve seen set messages suggested for communications. I have played a game where set messages were the only way to communicate. (it was a family server) It could be useful, even just to flag ‘check in with a co-leader’.

3 Likes

This I agree with. Especially as a leader trying to communicate with new recruits who may not be responding to game chat.

Most of my team is on line as well, but even then some don’t want to talk :frowning: