Prioritize Teams not working completely

If I go into the Heroes screen, Prioritize Teams works as it should. It stays on or off when I go in or out of that screen, and the teams are prioritized or not in the sort accordingly as they should be.

BUT, if I go to view my heroes from any other place – for example, to choose a new team from within a map or event level, raid, or titan – then Prioritize Teams does not work. I can go into my heroes screen and select Element or Power, for example, to choose how I want to see my heroes organized when choosing my team, and that selection will stay in effect when I go into the team selection screen from the event level, titan, or whatever. But if I UNselect Prioritize Teams, that selection ONLY stays in effect for the Heroes screen itself. When I go back to my event or raid or titan or map and go to choose a new team from within that, the hero list always looks like Prioritize Teams is ON.

I can go back to the Heroes screen and see that it is actually still turned OFF. It just doesn’t work outside the actual Heroes roster screen.

Please fix. I love this feature, but it would be better if it had full functionality.

By the way, I would also love it if we were able to mark a hero as “spare” or “unwanted” and have those Heroes be prioritized LAST in sorting. This would be useful for Heroes that are being saved for the Soul Exchange or for leveling other Heroes with or otherwise are not intended as permanent keepers. This could be implemented with another symbol next to the lock button which would move the hero to the “bottom priority” list. Even better could be the option to have this secondary list be moved to a separate tab altogether.

Speaking of… Tabs! Tabs within the hero list would be a real improvement. If sorting by class, each class would be a tab. If sorting by rarity, each rarity a tab. If sorting by power, each tab could be for a different power range. And Teams would be the first tab if prioritizing Teams. OR Teams could be a separate tab AND the same heroes would ALSO be shown in their regular sort order and tab (with the little team number markers to make it clear they’re not dupes). Then there would be no need for “Prioritize Teams”. Much better than one huge list, especially when you’ve been playing a while and have tons of heroes.

3 Likes

Yea, noticed that. It’s annoying that the new settings are only on the main roster view but not on the level up view or the team edition view.
Also annoying that we don’t have the prioritize team toggle button on the troop view.
Also annoying they didn’t implement actual scrollbars…

However, is all of this a bug?
I wouldn’t qualify those as bugs but as feature requests.
It was designed with those limitations from the get-go.
Sure it’s stupid, but it is the intended design…

@PlayForFun sorry to bother you with this again but there is really nothing we can do about this half baked QoL update?!

3 Likes

This might not be a bug, but just an half-complete feature.

I have asked Staff are they planning to extend it to other views or not.

We will see what they will answer.

4 Likes

True, it may be an oversight more than a bug, per se. Either way, it really should be implemented. IMO.

BTW, is there a specific place in the forums for feature requests, that the devs will see?

2 Likes

Ideas and feature requests… Right on the front page :triumph:

1 Like

I have moved it to Ideas and Feature Requests category.

Now people can vote for the idea too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can we get a sorting that completely ignores teams? Right now, we have random sorting if the hero is in a team and rest get sorted based on whatever you chose.

I guess Prioritize teams was supposed to be that toggle? If not then this needs to be added. Most of the times, I don’t care what team they belong to when sorting. Levelling is pain with this random sorting.

D’oh! Thanks. Does the fact that I’m half blind – well, horribly nearsighted in one eye, even more farsighted in the other, anyway – count as a defense? No? Oh well, just stupid this time.

1 Like

It does completely ignore teams, when “Prioritize Teams” is toggled off, within the Heroes roster screen.

The toggle doesn’t work when viewing or selecting from the hero roster from other places, such as event or map levels, titans, or raids. Which I think is an oversight and should be fixed. But either way, it’s not random. In those screens, it acts like Prioritize Teams is toggled on – puts heroes on teams at the top, then sorts all other Heroes according to the selected criteria.

If PT is on, the Teams heroes at the top are organized with Team 1 first, then Team 2, etc., with any heroes that are in multiple teams being shown with their lowest-numbered team. Within the teams, heroes are assorted according to the selected criteria, and then (any ties) by power.

(I thought for a moment that it wasn’t working properly when sorting within teams by power, but I realize now that that was because one of my heroes is showing its costume side, which is currently less leveled than the other side. The sorter always sorts by the higher side, regardless of which side is actually showing.)

You’re forgiven. You show a good attitude :kissing_heart:
Game well and take care of yourself :smiling_face: :wink:

2 Likes

Well, it starts working after you “switch it on, switch it off”. :slight_smile:

Smells like tech debt! Some little piece of code that no one thought would be important is so dug in now, that making any changes is too big of an effort especially when it doesn’t bring any money.

Probably why it’s half baked - they got a summer intern to work on it. Also explains such poor UI design behind it? I mean the tiny arrows - compared to rest of the game, it’s just odd and doesn’t “fit in”.

All of this is speculation of course but if I’m right, we’ll be stuck with this poor design for a loooong time. hoping Zynga proves me wrong in a spectacular way.

Well, it started out “on” for everyone, since that’s the default (or was the old default, anyway). So yes, you’d have to switch it off to have it be off. Or are you saying it didn’t work properly the first time you switched it off? I can’t say I noticed, myself – I probably switched it back and forth several times just messing around before I looked closely enough to notice whether there were any errors in the sorting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.