[Primer] Why do none of the special skills do the same amount of damage or Best uses of All, Nearby, Splash & Single target damage

Subject
[Primer] Why do none of the special skills do the same amount of damage or Best uses of All, Nearby, Splash, & Single target damage

==Background==
Heroes have different general roles, tank- high defense, DPS- high attack, sniper- high single target damage, etc.

This post is not to discuss defense stat, or HP, or defense buffs, but look at how each attack skill works so you can better use your heroes.

Depending on the role the Devs imaged for each hero, they will have different attack damage and how that damage is distributed among the targets.

==All damage==
Any enemy on the board is hit by this damage. It is usually Slow or Average mana speed.

Example
-Hu Tao- 4* yellow- Slow mana speed- 603 x1.75= 1055 attack stat versus all enemies ( usually 1- 5 enemies )
-Skittleskull - 4* green- Slow mana speed- 728 x1.75= 1252 attack stat versus all enemies ( usually 1- 5 enemies )

Role
All damage is useful for applying a debuff ( blindness, reduce attack, etc. ) to all enemies, hitting enemies when they are on opposite sides of the board, and quickly clearing large numbers of mob.

==Nearby damage ( Nearby major OR target and nearby OR limited all )==
This is similar to All damage, ever enemy it affects takes the same damage, but it only affects enemies nearby the original target. It is usually Average or Fast mana speed.

Example
-Guardian Falcon- Guardians event 4* red- Average mana speed- 552 x2.25= 1242 attack stat versus enemies nearby to the target ( usual 1- 3 enemies )

Role
Nearby damage is useful against double bosses ( map and rare quest ) or triple bosses ( challenge events and holiday events ), the last three heroes in raid/ war, or three mob waves.

==Splash ( Nearby minor OR target and minor damage to nearby OR single plus )==
This is more like Single target damage than All damage. The target enemy takes most of the damage with enemies nearby the target taking minor or reduced damage. The minor, or reduced damage, appears to be 50% of the target’s damage. It is usually Average or Fast mana speed.

Example
-Tiburtus- 4* purple- Average mana speed- 660 x2.95= 1947 attack stat versus target ( 1 enemy ), and appears to be 970 versus enemies nearby to the target ( usual 1- 2 enemies )
-Grimm- 4* blue- Average mana speed- 716 x2.95= 2112 attack stat versus target ( 1 enemy ), and appears to be 1056 versus enemies nearby to the target ( usual 1- 2 enemies )
-Gormek- 4* red- Average mana speed- 569 x2.95= 1661 attack stat versus target ( 1 enemy ), and appears to be 830 versus enemies nearby to the target ( usual 1- 2 enemies )

Role
Splash damage is useful against a boss flanked by two mobs ( map, rare quest, challenge events, holiday events, etc.), heroes hiding in the far corner in raid/ war or three mob waves.

==Single Target==
Only the target enemy is hit by damage. It is usually Fast mana speed.

Example
-Sonya- 4* blue- Fast mana speed- 607 x3.45= 2094 attack stat versus the target only ( 1 enemy )
-Caedmon- 4* green- Fast mana speed- 635 x3.45= 2171 attack stat versus the target only ( 1 enemy )

Role
Single target damage is useful against titans, tanks/ healers in raid/ war, and single bosses ( map, rare quest, challenge events, holiday events).

==Comparison==
The Devs appear to want you to trade off between lots of total damage versus five heroes in a raid/ war or less total damage versus one tank/ hero.

Comparison Examples
All damage = 1055 attack stat times five = 5275
Nearby damage = 1242 attack stat times three = 3726
Splash damage = 1661 attack stat times one plus 830 times two = 3322
Single target damage = 2094 attack stat times one = 2094

5 Likes

Because their attack power is balanced with their defense and hitpoints. The weaker hitters tend to be tougher to kill. It’s a trade off.

ah gryphonknight u smart cookie u! i love it! thers one question i hav been wrestling with that maybe u can shed some light on. my 2prize heroes r boldtusk &triton (finally both 4th tier-workin on maxing!) &i cant seem to figure out which of their special skills to use 1st. should it be triton with his healing boost or boldtusk with his attack boost?? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

《i am...  requiax

v42 M / W or Reverse double / Double formation

Starting with v42 the definition of nearby has changed for Map Seasons

Example

stages 1.22-6 is a M or Reverse double formation if 5 mobs are generated

If you target E3, then E2 & E4 are also hit

If you target E5, then only E4 is also hit

But

No other enemy

same for

If you target E1, then only E2 is also hit

If you target E2, then E1 & E3 are also hit

same for

If you target E4, then E3 & E5 are also hit

Notes

Click for notes

M or Reverse double formation

v42

FIN

2 Likes

You probably resolved this ages ago… If not, and somehow both BT and Triton charged at the same time, I’d fire BT first (to boost Triton’s attack).

However, it can depend on the situation (who’s charged first, where you are using them together, how much health you/the enemy has, etc)…

As far as who to fire first, normally I would try to have Triton go off first to have BT take advantage of Triton’s extra health boost

20 quoted v44 characters