[Primer] What do forum “Likes” do? Or use your "Likes"

@Decorum Tried to :heart: but…

5 Likes

Which E and P hero would you want to bake your cookies? As long as it isn’t Friar Tuck I’m generally open to anyone…

Chef Boldtusk or Wonderful Feast Wilbur are the obvious off topic choices.

Quirky choices are Khan’s Order Khagan, Blessed Brew Kiril - for cookies with a kick - and Midsummer’s Dream Alberich - for cookies legal in Canada.

Unstoppable Growl Boss Wolf must be diet cookies.

As long as it is not Toxic traps Oberon, Ashes to Ashes Gravemaker, or Burning Chains Natayla.

5 Likes

Hahaha wonderful answer @Gryphonknight

1 Like

@Gryphonknight @FrenziedEye :heart::cookie:

Thanks for the morning laugh :laughing:

2 Likes

This is cool 20 characters

1 Like

Might have to suggest to Discourse.org they add a “Recommended” reply tag for mods/ admin to apply to a reply so it goes to the top of a “Summarize Topic” just like the “Solution” reply tag.

Example
First Post
Solution reply
Recommended replies ( chronological)
Replies past like threshold ( chronological )

This would be a big help with merged topics and 5* hero topics.

@Garanwyn
@zephyr1

We might have to get you a Discourse.org account if the prioritize feature requests from business users.

1 Like

Daily likes

Regular* only gets +25 compared to Member ( see table ).

Trust Levels

Level label x likes likes x votes votes
0 new x1 50 x0.2 2
1 basic x1 50 x1 10
2 member x1.5 75 x2 20
3 Regular* x2 100 x3 30
4 leader x3 150 x4 40

*= Trust level 3 - Regular - is the only trust level that must be maintained, or drops to trust level 2 - member.

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

1 Like

Sure, sure… 75 vs. 100 doesn’t seem like much… Regulars only have 33% more likes than plain members…

And Telluria only has 772 power compared to Kashhrek’s 643… so Tellie is only 20% stronger than Kash.

:laughing:

(just messin with ya) :wink:

This makes me feel guilty that I get extra likes since I dont think I’ve ever even come close to reaching the limit.

This is the really hilarious part for me. I will front Teluria (Plant Girl!) any day of the week in raids ot war without fear!! A fast +18 Kashhrek with a level 23 mana troop is absolutely fearsome!! When someone (with actual influence) realises you can team up Kash’ with Brynhild for a really nasty tank flank combo…

Tears might be shed!

@dw_Zephyr. Such humble beginnings! I had no idea; by the time I started taking notice of forum personalities you were already a fixture!

LOL yeah I was just joking with the comparison stuff… I wish I had more forum likes to give out, but truth be told, even 100 wouldn’t be enough. I’d probably “like” almost every post if I could, even the ones I disagree with.

Why? What are they good for?

To that I say, what do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinocerous?

Elephino :man_shrugging:

I just “like” letting other posters know that I “liked” reading their posts. :slightly_smiling_face:

But yeah I’m sort of in agreement with you there, Telluria isn’t all that scary on her own. She’s scarier when she brings scary friends along with her, and I’m sure Kash is capable of the same. Personally, the hero that keeps giving me the hardest time is Vela. She’s a beast! But I really don’t sweat it much. If she kills me, she kills me. It’s just a game. :grin:

Vela? Really?? I have read these posts about this fearsome combo of Plant Girl! and Vela (tank and flank OR left flank and wing (Plant Girl! always dies on right flank)… The point is, I just don’t get it? I was up against those two the other night (and I can’t really see the boards that well because i trod on my glasses… Replacements? “Corona virus Rules!”… So I’m blind. I digress…

Vela announces herself with the bucket of cold water special (that does no real damage) and all it does is get my attention and so she gets secondary consideration as a primary target (as long as I keep Plant Girl!'s mana under control she is a definite primary target). It often ends up badly for both of them. The thing is, my roster is nothing special, if anything, it is bland.

THE ACTUAL TOPIC!!!

I like to gin\ve out likes indiscriminately if I can, but it seems I can’t. However, some specific people are always thoughtful, informative, polite and respectful. They are the targets of my likes!

1 Like

Yeah, Vela gives me trouble. Probably due to her fast mana, she tends to drop more than one bucket of water on me at a time. :laughing: But almost all of my roster is season one, and my TP is still below 4k, so most of my raids are a struggle anyway. :grin:

Back on topic… I’m currently out of likes to distribute, probably because I’ve been hanging around here all night. That’s what happens when you’ve been stuck at home for a month and already seen every single rerun on television :crazy_face:

2 Likes

You are averaging 1.38995 likes per day which is 110.31x better than one of my forum heroes who posts 0.0126 likes per day ( 640+ days ).

Enjoy the forum the way you want.

Though the forum algorithms ( search, summarize, etc. ) do work BETTER the more you like posts, and replies, you do like.

Similar to ratings on Netflix, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks.

1 Like

Wow thanks for the stats haha. My daily rate is a lot lower than anticipated. I’ll let you have one of my daily likes. Now I just need to find a way to spend the other .38995

1 Like

You did not bookmark my artisanal table?

1 Like

Apologies, I should have searched before asking a dumb question. I just thought my votes were being blocked because Petri doesn’t like me and doesn’t give a damn about my stupid opinions. :laughing:

2 Likes

Just noticed it now, actually lol

But Petri increased the moderator votes a while ago…I found his PM where he said he increased them, but not what he increased them too.

I don’t think he touched the other TLs, though.

1 Like

No, no, they let you vote on things so they know what you’ll like…so they can skip those ideas in particular. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like