==Miscellaneous==

Interesting posts that came up in the searches:

==Votes and Likes==

==Goals of Discourse.org and the forum software==

14 Likes

Always great to read your threads bro.
Thanks. A :heart: given :wink:

5 Likes

My likes are always on cool down. Pesky “only so many likes per 24hrs” rule…

1 Like

Congrats!!

There is actually a badge for that ( see below ).

From another conversation:

1 Like

Thanks for all the awesome info and summarizing links together in one thread! I would like your post, unfortunately I have run out of likes for the day. I did not even know that was possible until last night. Funny that you read my mind… I was curious as to how many likes we get per 24 hour period.

Because I’m out of likes you get all the hearts :two_hearts: :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::black_heart::heavy_heart_exclamation::revolving_hearts::heartbeat::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::cupid::gift_heart::heart_decoration:

4 Likes

Ironically, I ran out of likes to like this post when I first read it. But my discussion with Zephyr1 has reminded me.

@Zephyr1, we can probably get those posts on likes merged in here if we ask nicely.

1 Like

Like management is a key skill. I wish they’d give a like countdown so I could start husbanding them.

1 Like

A countdown/current balance indicator would be very helpful. Every Like I try to give is a crapshoot on success at this point. For a while I was trying to go back to the posts later to Like them after failures, but I’ve pretty much given up on that at this point.

1 Like

Usually someone posts in threads where I ran out of likes within the next day or so, and that reminds me to give the likes I was intending to. But yeah, I always feel a little bit like I’m playing reverse Russian Roulette when I hit the like button. “Is this one loaded? How about the next one?”

You think you’ve got it bad though? Regulars get twice as many likes as us peons. :smile:

1 Like

This helps me too.

Um, :whistles innocently: I still run out anyway with the increased quota…I guess I need to be even more of a regular then? lol

1 Like

Mods get 3x base likes total. Just sayin…

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve read about Discourse Trust Levels. TL4 is actually technically separate from moderator, though they have overlapping abilities. But TL4 can’t be earned, unlike TL3, it has to be assigned by staff promotion. So probably no more likes for me.

I feel like we need a topic split at this point lol.

@Kerridoc or @Rook, would you be kind enough to merge our off-topic “like-fest” into this thread?

@Garanwyn Good idea.

@Kerridoc @Rook In hopeful help of begging the favor of cleaning up the mess I made, these are the post numbers from Data Collection: Raid Matching that I think @Garanwyn and I are hoping would be moved to [Primer] What do forum “Likes” do? Or use your "Likes"

14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, EDIT: and 28…this one

I intentionally left intact the two posts that @Anaea and I exchanged crediting the quality of the work in the original thread, since they’re not super off topic.

Thanks, and sorry for the mess!

1 Like

@Kerridoc thanks for the merge! I’d give you a heart, but I think I already gave you all of them. :laughing:

1 Like

I just joined some pretty impressive company!

@FrenziedEye, @Rigs, @Gryphonknight, @Rook, do we have cookies in this club?

7 Likes

We used to. Rook kept eatin em all lol

4 Likes

They’re “cat crunchies”! Of course I eat them! :grin:

2 Likes

So this is a thing that exists, apparently:

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/badges/39/empathetic

I assume there are no :cookie: left in this one either, since @Rook got here in October 2017.

5 Likes

Heh…one can always make more cookies. :grin:

4 Likes