[Primer] How defense teams effect your rating or a new game show The World's Bloodiest Spelling Bee - Updated with Raid/ War/ Tourney comparison

Subject
Tourneys

Raid defense teams

For raids, defense teams are basically a limited form of raid shield

I tend not to get raided, and when I do, I tend to gain +15 to +75 points.

War defense teams

For war, defense teams actually lock up enemy points. This rewards good defense heroes.

My war defense team usually gets wiped out after the baby defense teams have been wiped twice.

Tourneys

It will be interesting to see Tourney defense teams since rumors say they can actually earn points.

I do not know why this does not happen with raids ( killed attacking heroes count toward your Wanted Heroes Mission Chest or Wanted Monster Mission Chest or both ) or war ( points for each attacking hero killed ).

Tourney attackers

Since tourneys are rumored to be free until the fourth defeat, one possible technique is to specialize in a type of tourney hero - 2* or 4* or slow or sniper or buff - and only attack if you specialized heroes are useful in that tournament. After four defeats your tourney attack team is rumored to be done unless you pay. But depending on how many attacks you have left, paying may be a wast of gems. So forming a specialized team of attackers and concentrating on a limited number of tourneys may be better.

But the pay to continue only hobbles your attacking teams.

Tourney defenders

For the remaining tourneys you can set up your best defense team and see how many points it can get you without ever attacking once. Since you get unlimited defense, it may even be more cost effective to level and emblem and skin defense heroes before attacking heroes. The number of optimal defenders will be smaller than the number of optimal attackers since defenders do not get color stacking buff, combos, and smart AI targeting.

Tourney may turn out to be a significant source of emblems and 3*/ 4* materials for people with good 1* / 2* / 3* / 4* / 5* tourney defenses.

Latest edit- Unintended Consequences

Unintended Consequences