Price difference on spring offer

Why is it the same exact spring sale is 10% cheaper on the iPhone than Android? How is this even close to fair play? Same exact rewards same exact day just different device. Crappy business plan to crap on your customers.

3 Likes

I assume either they have a better business contract with the apple store vs google play OR google play/android charges a higher processing fee vs Iphone/Apple so SG just passes those charges onto the customer because that is the device you are using. I am just assuming however and don’t exactly know.

Edit: This post kind of explains it? In-App Purchase Price Adjustments in January 2018 (Android)

Um, that’s a tome of tactics…and…it’s for sale…I don’t care about paying more. I’d like to think it’s an honest mistake rather than a designed plot to take another $1 US off customers.

1 Like

There is no vat it currency exchange though both U.S. dollars both are even in the same city.

1 Like

Otto0000, I would hope it is too but what if this has been going on for a long time? SG makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a day (yes they have huge expenses to maintain I get it) but if this is the norm they are duping a user group taking advantage of them.

1 Like

That post would explain the difference in cost if we were comparing the spring sale costs of different currencies… Didn’t apply in this case.

What I think is hilarious is that Apple was suing Amazon for ‘fixing’ ebook prices too cheap, but apparently (in several apps) undercut Android costs to users.

Also, it’s very amusing to consider the idea that Apple (of all companies) is out to save developers any fees when they could charge more. But I think I’m drifting from the topic now

1 Like

Ok I knew I had seen something similar to this. I think Rook the Mod explains it in this post: Price difference between android and iOS? - #2 by Little_Infinity

Or is it some back door deal with apple? Seems odd they where bragging about being featured on apple?

I dunno of its bragging lol. Facebook will promote your feeds for a fee… Probably how they got featured. They probably paid a fee to get promoted in apple store which combined a discount on micro transactions for the time being.

And if SGG paid for this arrangement it wouldn’t surprise me that they want our help promoting it for it to pay off.

Wohooo, 1$ discount?
I fly on their 800€ phones in no time now :crazy_face:

3 Likes

1$ discount is 10%. What if it was $100 vs $90? 10% over thousands and thousands of dollars adds up.

1 Like

Good for them, still not for me :wink:

2 Likes

Actually if I understand the market place, this was probably a surprise to them.

Apple will occasionally promote games especially ones that are doing well at the freemium model for the simple reasom that they get a cut of every transaction.

Bonus for both parties, and I don’t see any reason for SG not to be tickled pink about the free advertising.

Changed title of thread.

1 Like

You wanna see price differences?
Have a look at this then.
Ascension%20Pack%20%20Yet%20More%20E%20%20P%20Trash%20%20%20General%20Discussion%20%20%20Empires%20%20%20Puzzles%20Community%20Forum

Which country are u located in

1 Like

This is crazy! People need to stop buying in app purchases and/or it needs regulations. >:(

1 Like

No people need to be aware that multiple currencies use $, and unfortunately the developers didn’t do themselves any favors on this topic and actually use the currency code.

Probably the one on the right is SGD, or similar roughly 1.5x:1 exchange rate with USD.

1 Like

That is what I was thinking, or even AUD possibly

1 Like

It’s the same as the NZ$ offer, where the exchange rate is, as a rule of thumb, one NZ dollar roughly US 66 to 70 cents.

1 Like