Power Creep has destroyed the "game"

The original post was a bit all over the place, but the point is valid. Something broke in me today as it really hit me that the chase will never end. Get one of the new, shiny heroes? Congrats…but in 12 months, there will be a whole new batch of even shinier ones. After 3+ years with this game, I’m tired of chasing my tail, wasting both time & money. I AM DONE. Damour out.

2 Likes

Maybe it sucks so bad that it is no longer worthy of being refered to as a ‘game?’ I’m just being facetious but did wonder the same thing…

1 Like

That is a shame but, geez, 3+ years to get that? It was obvious when they introduced HOTM’s.

How else do you introduce game progression?

2 Likes

Denial. It ended today.

1 Like

Well, all the best going forward and keep your eyes open :wink:

1 Like

I did - over a year ago. Devs don’t care.

Sounds like you are a knowitall

A rigged p2w system is no longer a legit game.

1 Like

Power creep is only an irritant, as a veteran what really destroys this game is not matter how much you work on your roster, it is impossible to finish in high loot without spending and they just refuse to make an content for players to do with other players.

Tons of match 3s have xome out with live pvp, my current alternate game has had live pvp since its start but also has what would be the equivalent of co-op titans, regular world events that the whole community competes In loot for all, 2 to 4 player mi I events to win coins to be spent in exchange shops. They also add currency that is only good for events but make it so that every can farm enough of the tokens to get a the items they need if they pull a hero.

Having all these heroes means nothing when you and your friends can’t do anything together other than war and titans. If they added alliance events co-op anything where people could put their rosters together to play you would see an immediate upside in every level of the spending brackets because people would have fun playing and mix and matching teams with people In their friends list, the discussions that would arise from co-op content would be never ending. One of the biggest draw in any massive multi player game is the amity to share and do things with other people which just doesn’t exist here and 4 years after there is no excuse for it.

1 Like

Still legit to me. And still a game.

1 Like

Listen, the only thing rigged here is us. Any gamer who actually enjoys gaming wants to win. Every game has a winner and any gamer wants to win.

We come into this game with the illusion of i"f I get some good heroes I will figure out how to put them together to win". The dreaded board never really crosses your mind until you put together a super counter team in a war and get no gems of any color to ever use said team, on top of that, no matter what heroes you have, the events that have unlimited reruns will always be won by cash.

Skill will never matter on stages with unlimited rebuys and now you have goblin balloons and a tourney that’s pay to complete.

As a ftp you have to accept where you are,enjoy that, and know that is where you gonna be.

If you start spending you have to keep spending to justify spending in the first place and spending 100s of dollars and getting nothing is never enjoyable but in a game that prides itself on making everything you ■■■■■■■ need a random prayer draw or drop, trust me when you get nothing the anger is on a Ted bundy versus look alike girlfriend status.

The best advice I can give any player here is to know your skill level and accept where you are in and with your alliance. The alliance is sadly, the only real contact you have with the vast majority of the playerbase, because there is simply no co op content with all these heroes in people’s rosters.

So much potential to appease all, but they have simply accepted the get money model and way to many people here let them run with it.

SG is garden of eden with a snake in it, unfortunately the playerbase is eve because to this day this community has never once made a real stand against SG and that sucks cause I know first hand what our ftp/c2p payers go through mentally with the way this game is set up,and playing another one that rights all the wrongs here, it’s really tough knowing that these people are basically robbing people and sooooooo many payers here are fine with that.

5 Likes

No it absolutely didn’t. Your personal war score is based on your top 30 heroes, with emphasis on the top 5 heroes and troops. Currently the penalty for an alliance war win/loss, is +/- 1% (war score only, which is then used in matchmaking).

finger

3 Likes

It amazes me how people line up to defend this game when they have to realize the person is correct. The only thing they are wrong about is saying “it has become” or whatever. This extremely greedy game developer has always chased the dollar while claiming to care about F2P. I’m not F2P. I have nearly 100…(98 I think) maxed fives. Most are very popular heroes. I have an extreme amount of respect for the F2P players. It’s got to be hard to invest all that time and know your only considered fodder.

6 Likes

I started as a regular spender myself and justified my entertainment budget but the higher u got the more you had to spend. Anyone saying otherwise is full of ■■■■ because you become a liability to your alliance in wars as the tp keeps getting higher and higher. People always just trying to say stay in your lane. People make friends here, when one friend is spending 100 200 a month, the other is spending 5 for v.i.p and the other complete ftp, the game is vastly different for these three people and it puts a strain on everyone involved especially if they are friends or family members.

4 Likes

Omg finally! Someone who sees this stress point too.

It’s takes a lot of understanding, acceptance and perhaps tolerance for a 30/30 mixed bag alliance to function harmoniously for a long time. Without explosions or implosions.

I got saddened, then tired from the implosions brought about by this stress point, and I am not even 3 years in this game.

Adding to this stress point is another: too much RNG. It can make or break a player’s enjoyment of this game. There is another thread on this so no need to blather on.

Thank you for bringing this up.

2 Likes

There will inevitably be stress when players playing the different games (p2w, c2p, f2p) here think they are or should be the same.

True. But it hasn’t always been like this. Back when we started, f2p and whales basically had access to the same heroes, the main difference being the speed the could be aquired by. Today, low spenders have no access to top heores like Ludvig, c.Krampus, Wolfgang, c.M.North, Pengi and the list goes on for miles. Except for a few lucky exceptions, the hundreds of thousands of low spenders that make for the bulk of the player base are restricted to S1 uncostumed heroes. Out of these, only a handfull come here to the forum to vent and here they are met by the resillience of SG’s stoic deffenders that RNG smiled upon. Undeniable truth is powercreep is real and uglyer than ever. Try attacking Ludwig / Ferant / Wolfgang or c.MN / c.Crampus / c.Santa / Pengi with a S1 team if you somehow doubt that…

3 Likes

But low/non spenders can get access to the seasonal heroes if they are smart a lot easier than other portals.

One of my alliance mates hoards Gold coins and hit the Xmas jackpot get Krampus, MoNo & Pengi. He’s been getting 6 a month from events for a long time now and just hits the portals that matter to him. He skipped Summer and Halloween for an all out assault on Xmas and it paid off for him.

Clearly not all will get that lucky but I managed to get all 3 Halloween 5* & costumes from 41 coins so it’s possible.

Towers and Events remain tough for anyone that doesn’t pour money in but we still have 3 F2P guys in our alliance and we usually sit just outside the Top 100. Maybe they are the luckier ones but they have good decent rosters. It helps that when gem share deals pop up we are pretty generous as a collective. One of them got C.Santa from the gems.

The vast majority of players don’t have all the new shiny stuff and can enjoy the game. Sure if you aspirations to “be the best” then it will get very very expensive. But honestly who will remember the best E&P player after this is gone?

2 Likes