POV should be Harder

Ok, i totally disagree, and you who think POV is too weak better consider that not of all of us are older players.

It is hard enough that some misssions need to use dragon attack and others, that many players simply do not have.

3 Likes

This suggestions could be some kind of additional valor quests to win additional loot, but seem to be nothing for casual players, even if they play every day.

Maybe 3 or 4 different valor paths to choose from with different difficulties and different loot would make it worth for everyone and challenging at the same time.

4 Likes

SG should fix the existing tracks first before worrying about more tracks.

More competitive content should be introduced as a separate feature from POV- maybe as an improvement to the weekly raid tournaments.

Let’s not forget that some of these pov activities had nothing to do with gameplay and everything to do with $$ (summons, watching ads, completing the # of raid battles for those users without competitive rosters on all three star leveled tracks). Adding more tracks for spending more money either means that SH cannibalizes sales by offering content cheaper in pov or offers bad deals by selling the same content for a higher price in pov. On the other hand, adding tracks that only involve gameplay and are in fact ‘difficult’ is also not going to be difficult for top spenders but would most like cannibalize sales to them. the only thing in this game that is theoretically difficult is having a defense team that stays top 10, and even then, it’s a function of spending on troops. let’s not pretend we are all playing call of duty here. :rofl:

I think SG is in a really tricky situation here where most of their options are not win-win for them and their customers.

It is worth mentioning that Supercell has actually lost money by introducing their battle pass to clash royale.

1 Like

Instead of changing or improving PoV there should be other things to work on.

A really challenging new feature would be sth like an endless battle becoming harder and harder. There’s also a suggestion to vote for with many votes.

Then minor improvements of already existing things.

Last not least the academy and raid training or raiding your own defense.

Make the game more enjoyable as it already is. Loot isn’t everything.

2 Likes

I don’t know should PoV even be doable for all players. Thing is that, all old players have grind their game point were they are now. When I started there were no events, no wars, no rare titans etc. Mats were even harder to get than now days, if you are new player. If everything in this game would be doable right away, what’s the point even playing?! You wouldn’t need new heroes, you wouldn’t need to make your heroes stronger.

I actually agree on this PoV should be harder. Maybe more like collect 10 roots or something like that missions. For me it was pretty boring to finish it.

Besides I managed to finish PoV even with my other account, which doesn’t have many 5* and I haven’t put single penny to that account. And it’s currently lvl37. So it doesn’y require so much.

I agree, that couple mission should be different, like titans shouldn’t have star requirements on so on. And summons should end before 50.

4 Likes

I laughed my way through this thread, thank you @Cvs for trying to get some discussion on the topic, which seems topical considering the current PoV is about to finish.

Keep up the great work @Cvs :wink:.

3 Likes

To be fair it’s the first run of this trying it out!

Let’s see what the next one brings.

2 Likes

Stronghold level 31? I knew you meds had the Hero Academy all along! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This has been my experience as well, they’ve always been a grindfest with little challenge involved.

1 Like

In the news Petri just posted I saw this…

Our intention was to make the Path of Valor challenging, even for our most advanced players. While there are many who will complete the event, we are aware that a number of players have found some of the challenges too difficult to complete. Based on the feedback and our own findings, we will be making some adjustments to the upcoming Path of Valor events.

I’m confused. Does that mean they plan to make it harder or easier to finish?

3 Likes

Maybe both? Perhaps they will make the rewards more accessible, but improved for those that make it to the end.

EDIT: perhaps they will make it harder to get to the end, but the rewards will be reworked at lower levels for both free and paid players. – that might be more clear

Not sure that makes sense, if not I’ll try to rework my thoughts

3 Likes

It makes sense to me.

What you’re saying is that they might be:

1. Moving some of the rewards DOWN the path of Valor (to earlier rewards)
  2. Increasing the tail-end rewards & making them harder to achieve.

Thus making the current Tier 50 (completion) rewards more accessible. But ALSO adding more content & making it harder to get for end-game players?

Edit: this is WILD SPECULATION & in no way necessarily what will be happening.

4 Likes

I think maybe it just means that was their original intent, but that feedback changed some things? Dunno, just guessing.

For the original post…I thought the PoV was fine the way it was, but I would not be opposed to a level above 50 for the players that really want a challenge. I personally do not think I would like to do it, but it would depend on what the reward was and if the tasks were things I liked to do.

I actually enjoyed this PoV, and to me it was almost perfect blend of tasks as I was on break from a competitive alliance, and the level of difficulty fit nicely with my “vacation”, lol.

1 Like

Well I tinhk it should give an extra reward for 100% completion.

1 Like

It was good for the first round of it.

It was just about right on difficulty, we don’t want just the whales getting all the cool stuff!

They also can’t make the daily challenges too hard because, strange notion, people only have a day to complete them.

I feel that ascension materials like rings and telescopes are hard enough to find anyway, they should be attainable! My advice is to give more points of leeway so even if you miss the last tier of 1 category you can still get them!

Finally, what makes it hard isn’t necessarily the actual things they have you do, it’s the sacrifices you make in your daily life that makes it really hard. A guy in my alliance went on a fishing trip that he planned for a year and because he went and made memories he got punished and missed a couple of the categories and will miss out on milestone 50. Extra credit challenges should be offered.

Good as done! Just let me set my 5× Aife defense over night… I’ll win the next 30 raids in a heart beat.

Same as before… Aife power!

Always top war attacker in an one man alliance.

I agree, PoV was way to easy for seasoned players… but…

…guess you mean financial effort… cause I deffinitely won’t get the same rewards a 10$ spender will …

5 Likes

That person has to be a troll to even pose some of these as challenge options.

2 Likes

Maybe I missed something somewhere, but I was never under the impression that POV was supposed to neccesarily be difficult or challenging. I thought it was just supposed to be a way to mix up daily game play and get some decent rewards in the process.

8 Likes

I really don’t see why there was such toxicity.
I don’t really care to cater to all of the players. I just don’t.

Why shouldn’t the longer term players get something to strive for?

Why does everyone require everything to be attainable by every account? That’s not reasonable or always attainable.

Why not go a third tier, then. “Bonus” POV challenges that could be earned at any time.

Good post, @Cvs

10 Likes

I’m glad I could make someone laugh here!

2 Likes