Potential Bug in interaction between Alfrike and Queen of Hearts

I was raiding today with Queen of Hearts, and came across a team with Alfrike in it.

I fired Queen of Hearts, and she had a minion active, thus activating her taunt ability. Alfrike then fired, and Queen was hit 5 times by the cubes. Her max health was reduced from 1545 to 463 (30% of her health).

Normally, when Queen’s taunt is active and she faces an AOE hero like Quintus for example, she takes her share of the AOE damage, and the other 4 heroes take none. So essentially, 4/5 of the damage simply disappears. So for example, Quintus deals 270% damage to Queen, and 0 damage to the other 4 heroes. Quintus would not cause 1,350% (270 x 5) damage to Queen.

Rather than only being hit by 1 cube worth of damage / max health health reduction, like a normal AOE opponent, Queen of Hearts was hit by 5 cubes worth of damage/ max health reduction.

I suspect that what happened has to do with the wording of the card, but wonder if this is truly operating as intended or is a bug.

An AOE hero like Quintus “Deals 270% damage to all enemies”.

Alfrike “Casts 5 Dark Cubes to random enemies. Dark Cube deals 200% damage to the target. Dark Cube reduces max health from the target by 224. Max health can’t get lower than 30% of the original max health.“

So I think this was the result of the first line of Alfrike’s card generating 5 cubes instead of the special hitting all targets.

I don’t know if this is a bug or working as intended. If working as intended, Queen (and I suspect BK as well) is pretty useless against Alfrike.

Sorry, I didn’t take screenshots.

It seems that is intended. Alfrike attack is not AoE like Quintus but 5 separate attacks in 1 turn.

2 Likes

Correct the attack launches 5 dark cubes that hit enemies randomly. When Alfrike comes up against taunt, she launches her 5 dark cubes but the random element is removed by taunt so all cubes hit the taunter! QoH and Black Knight suffer terribly with Alfrike!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.