Possible bugg/error..? (abnormal defeat)

You’re absolutely correct about this. This is what we do after each loss. Try to fix things and improve them.

4 Likes

This is very unfortunate, and quite saddening.

In the last war, my alliance lost by about 500 points. The alliance we faced was well stacked, and had a much higher war score. We were overmatched from the get-go. Now we definitely aren’t a top anything alliance. Heck, we’re lucky our alliance ranking doesn’t equal our war score :joy:. We had good boards, we had bad boards. I went 5-1, as did the other leaders in the alliance.

As soon as the war ended we (the alliance leaders) began congratulating everyone on how good of a job they did. Like I said, we were overmatched and we knew it, so we gave it our best, used all our flags, had fun, and learned. But most importantly we did it together.

What we didn’t do was blame our loss on anything other than they were the better team. As the TLL members said, they got spanked in a recent war. Why, because their opponent was better, nothing said about the boards being at fault. We all win, we all lose. It’s what we do, and how we handle ourselves, when we lose that both defines and is driven by our character.

@Hilaria and the rest of TLL, congratulations on your victory :+1:t2:

4 Likes

As does my alliance as a whole, and so do we all at an individual level. I am currently actively working on gathering strategies on how to consistently defeat Alfrike teams in VF tournaments because one of our recent VF matchups was against an alliance with 23 Alfrike tanks (some with multiples) and we really struggled. But I am confident that next time VF rolls around we will have taken enough measures to improve our performance and to be more competitive.

3 Likes

Man, we fought this whole alliance LAST WAR. Whew, that was a big loss. lol

3 Likes

Beating Alfrike in rush wars is a crapshoot. It is very difficult to field teams that can reliably beat her, especially since at the higher levels she is frequently supported by two revivers and a taunter. I try to take at least 2 mana control like Alfrike herself, Proteus, Tettukh, Peters, etc. and/or heroes like Poseidon or Malosi. Blockers like Grazul/Vanda/Garnet are also great. Then you normally need a dispeller and cleanser. If you can move tiles around Alfrike and get your mana controllers going you have a decent shot of winning.

1 Like

After each loss, i blame the position of the moon and stars, RNG, my star sign and how rigged the game is.
Just to make it clear, when I lose, It is never because of:
a) my troops
b) my roster
c) my poor team composition
d) my inability to move tiles properly
e) my inability to sequence specials.

8 Likes

You missed out another one which is not to blame which is your inability to optimally match enemy teams to your offensive teams. Also e) is sequencing as well as holding and timing. I held Grimble for one extra turn in the last war hoping to get one more round of minion mana, and Grimble ended up getting Morel defense down and then sniped by C Joon - which was end game. I could have gone for a safer strategy and most likely won. Or I could have implemented this strategy better (with a safer tile movement which wouldn’t have triggered Morel and C Joon). Often it is a combination of factors… which we don’t lose because of

1 Like

I disagree to some extent on this point. Yes there is an RNG element to Rush, but this is the same with regular wars. Frigg evading your sniper? That’s RNG. Liz resisting Lepiota’s Ghost ability? RNG. Make a move and trigger off a huge cascade that sets off Frigg and Odin…
One of the reasons people do badly in rush wars is because they build their teams poorly or gamble on mono (then blame bad boards when the boards start off dry for them). You then look at their roster which is not well developed for Rush.
I know it’s not a popular opinion, but Rush is probably the most exciting war format while it is still fairly new because many people do not have optimal rosters for it leading to some challenging wars. It is no fun continually going 6/6 in regular wars 80,99% of the time…

4 Likes

You just don’t get a lot of time to work the board. Alfrike can fire in just a few turns and it is hard to recover from that if she hits the right heroes. But a lot of it is my roster isn’t very good for rush but I can field a few teams that get results.

Also I should clarify that it is difficult to field 6 teams that can reliably kill her and her revivers/taunters.

1 Like

i like that other people struggle in rush. i think the game’s gone too far toward offenses, and there isn’t the same level of frustration at this meta’s current best defenses the way there was during the apex of GTV. now that players are adjusting, i wonder if Bera tanks really still are the best defense–and what would even supplant it if the answer is no?

i like rush until i go into a battle with a 2-1-1-1 and three Alfrike counters plus a big hitter for some punch, and then the board gives me the one element i didn’t bring. :roll_eyes: i know it’s RNG, but it feels like it happens way more than i’d like. :joy:

1 Like

What alliance are you with? That sounds like a top team for sure. It is a real ■■■■■ and much worse if LotL is all over the place.

This is my recommendation for best Rush Wars advice from UCLApack: uclapack tries to figure out the secret to rush wars (with commentary) - YouTube

1. Take on a few weak teams, not only strong.
  2. Plan hits so you have time to log on multiple times
  3. Take clean ups when things go south
  4. Use 2 healers/cleaners or 1 healer + Taunt or Mana control min.
  • Use Taunt, Mana Control, Resist, Cleaners
  1. Use 2 mana control/Silence (proteus, hel, Miki, Gretel, Hansel, etc)
  2. Use resist mana (ie Posiedon)
  3. Use Resist againt Alfi (Garnet, Vanda, etc)
  4. Use Miki against Alfi (he resists her special)
  5. Use 3 Yellow against Alfi
  6. Use Malosi against Alfi (shuts down her special effect)
  7. Team Composition: 3 strong heroes in one color, and the other 2 in another color, OR 1 in another color, and one in a 3rd color.
    (Eve, Frigg, Hatter + Proteus + Ariel (or Rig)

I posted Sami’s rush hits on my channel too.

2 Likes

I’m with Phoenix Empire. We hang anywhere from top 10 to top 100, and in the war spreadsheet you guys shared we are 73. The team we faced in the war was above us in the rankings.

And yes it is a $%*@ to fight. I hate LOTL normally and in rush she is even stronger. Alfrike with double wing revivers is about as bad as it gets for me. I am personally going to focus on working on more silencing heroes as I think silence is more effective in rush than other mana control options, but overall I think the more mana control options you have in different colors the more successful you can be in VF. I wish (for the thousandth time) that I had Miki…

Thank you for the video share I will definitely check it out

2 Likes

One of my ex players is over there, long time player and friend. Say hi to gregger for me. Also, as you are a colead, why dont you contact me if you have a free moment on LINE at hilaria11, I may have something for you.

2 Likes

oh man, i wish i had this self esteem, your “proves that the opponent cheated” is …[suspense music]
they toltaly smashed you

1 Like