Possible bugg/error..? (abnormal defeat)

I figured we needed a meme.

Who are you betting on?? :joy:

6 Likes

I said:

I suggest you change the title of this thread.

You should have used “possible bug/error” instead of “possible exploit”.

“Exploit” might imply that it is an active action taken by the other party and as you also revealed who the other party (alliance) is, it might breach forum rule #4 about naming & shaming.

1 Like

Here is my YouTube post and your team is on the hit list. 11 Flags (1 cleanup not shown). Your team is near the end. 18 min. Just to be clear, I am the Leader of TLL. @Yazo and SuperSami @Yagster are 2 of the best players in Empires and Puzzles, bar none. And those are just the facts. Maybe someday you can come visit for a war and see for yourself. You have my contact info.

10 Likes

This was the starting board against one of your members. Go ahead and say that is a good board, lol.

Yes, I did win.

10 Likes

This post has a lot of good points, AND is not a TLL member.

2 Likes

We have now gotten this top alliance ranking spreadsheet posted, so please see this for info on Alliance ranking System. @Rasputim please pm me at hilaria11.

5 Likes

I suggest grief counseling for the OP for his loss. Maybe a good neurologist too as his head got so swollen with temporary #1 global ranking that he could not process his Devastating Loss. Lastly maybe a good laundry service to wash all those crying towels. Put on your big boy pants. You and your whole alliance are not acting like they deserve to be with the top teams

2 Likes

To be fair I don’t think we’ve heard from the rest of the alliance. It would be interesting to hear what they think.

5 Likes

I agree with all of the points in your post except this. It has been established that the top alliances do not wear pants when playing.

9 Likes

Another co lead bashing on my YouTube channel.
I think we get the picture.

1 Like

Ah. I stand corrected :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You have basically shown the key difference between you/your alliance and the alliance you faced.

You came out of the loss thinking “how could they have gotten lucky enough or how did they exploit the system to beat us by this much?”. You decided to focus on blame and you directed it all outwards. You have not done any internal reflection whatsoever.

When the alliance you faced took their big loss they would have instead asked “What can we do to improve in our defenses/rosters/team configs/board play so that next time we stand more of a chance against them”. It was all about internal reflection with a focus on betterment.

That mindset is the reason that you are not a top alliance, and whilte you still have it, can never be one. Much more so than any gaps you have in your defenses and roster depth. You had a great opportunity to learn from your defeat and learn from clearly more skilled players and you have missed that opportunity

6 Likes

You’re absolutely correct about this. This is what we do after each loss. Try to fix things and improve them.

4 Likes

This is very unfortunate, and quite saddening.

In the last war, my alliance lost by about 500 points. The alliance we faced was well stacked, and had a much higher war score. We were overmatched from the get-go. Now we definitely aren’t a top anything alliance. Heck, we’re lucky our alliance ranking doesn’t equal our war score :joy:. We had good boards, we had bad boards. I went 5-1, as did the other leaders in the alliance.

As soon as the war ended we (the alliance leaders) began congratulating everyone on how good of a job they did. Like I said, we were overmatched and we knew it, so we gave it our best, used all our flags, had fun, and learned. But most importantly we did it together.

What we didn’t do was blame our loss on anything other than they were the better team. As the TLL members said, they got spanked in a recent war. Why, because their opponent was better, nothing said about the boards being at fault. We all win, we all lose. It’s what we do, and how we handle ourselves, when we lose that both defines and is driven by our character.

@Hilaria and the rest of TLL, congratulations on your victory :+1:t2:

4 Likes

As does my alliance as a whole, and so do we all at an individual level. I am currently actively working on gathering strategies on how to consistently defeat Alfrike teams in VF tournaments because one of our recent VF matchups was against an alliance with 23 Alfrike tanks (some with multiples) and we really struggled. But I am confident that next time VF rolls around we will have taken enough measures to improve our performance and to be more competitive.

3 Likes

Man, we fought this whole alliance LAST WAR. Whew, that was a big loss. lol

3 Likes

Beating Alfrike in rush wars is a crapshoot. It is very difficult to field teams that can reliably beat her, especially since at the higher levels she is frequently supported by two revivers and a taunter. I try to take at least 2 mana control like Alfrike herself, Proteus, Tettukh, Peters, etc. and/or heroes like Poseidon or Malosi. Blockers like Grazul/Vanda/Garnet are also great. Then you normally need a dispeller and cleanser. If you can move tiles around Alfrike and get your mana controllers going you have a decent shot of winning.

1 Like

After each loss, i blame the position of the moon and stars, RNG, my star sign and how rigged the game is.
Just to make it clear, when I lose, It is never because of:
a) my troops
b) my roster
c) my poor team composition
d) my inability to move tiles properly
e) my inability to sequence specials.

8 Likes

You missed out another one which is not to blame which is your inability to optimally match enemy teams to your offensive teams. Also e) is sequencing as well as holding and timing. I held Grimble for one extra turn in the last war hoping to get one more round of minion mana, and Grimble ended up getting Morel defense down and then sniped by C Joon - which was end game. I could have gone for a safer strategy and most likely won. Or I could have implemented this strategy better (with a safer tile movement which wouldn’t have triggered Morel and C Joon). Often it is a combination of factors… which we don’t lose because of

1 Like

I disagree to some extent on this point. Yes there is an RNG element to Rush, but this is the same with regular wars. Frigg evading your sniper? That’s RNG. Liz resisting Lepiota’s Ghost ability? RNG. Make a move and trigger off a huge cascade that sets off Frigg and Odin…
One of the reasons people do badly in rush wars is because they build their teams poorly or gamble on mono (then blame bad boards when the boards start off dry for them). You then look at their roster which is not well developed for Rush.
I know it’s not a popular opinion, but Rush is probably the most exciting war format while it is still fairly new because many people do not have optimal rosters for it leading to some challenging wars. It is no fun continually going 6/6 in regular wars 80,99% of the time…

4 Likes

Cookie Settings