Positioning of attacking team

Suggesting here to please let the player decide how he positioned his attacking team’s interval of heroes.

This is very strategic esp during AW.

What do i mean? (This is itch of mine to post didnt let me wait to the next AW to have a screenshot)
For ex. The defending team just needs a mopping ops, having Grimm and Tiburtus left with both half hp left.
Now, i will not send a a full line up just to wipe it out. Strategically, i will send at least 2 or 3 heroes to mop. Now to decrease the efficiency of the defending heroes skills, i need to position the 3 heroes with space between each other. ( do you get my point? :joy:)
What is happening now is that, the game, auto compressed the 3 heroes i send in the middle. Having both ends (most left and most right) vacant.
The defending team already have that barrage of arrows (i hate it when it rains) so let the attacking team design how the war looks like… Pls let this kind of strategy… Dont let us get killed bec of automation…
Good luck every one.!

2 Likes

Use unleveled 1* heroes in the positions you wish to leave empty…

6 Likes

Thanks, but it is only good if you got lots of maxed heroes and have plenty of bench heroes on ur boxes . But this strategy will make you maximized your heroes esp to those who used up all their unleveled 1* just to level their attacking heroes during prep phase.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t understand, but what do lots of maxed heroes have to do with it? If this is a kind of strategy that you wish to implement, then just keep 2 unleveled 1s for strategic use in the war, same way you keep the other heroes for the war. You can get them from your training camp or even when you are farming the provinces. Two 1 heroes that you do not use to level your other heroes are not going to make that big of a difference in your hero level.

4 Likes

Yup - using fodder as spacers works very well, and has the added advantage that they will absorb 1 or 2 opponents attacks that would otherwise have been guaranteed to land on one of your 3 heroes.

So… nice idea… and even better workaround / solution to it. Nice one @Witch

2 Likes

Thank you Witch. Now my bench players have addnl important role during the war.
I just have to make sure, next time i have enough unleveled 1* in the inventory.
i have to make sure i will assemble the new team… THE FILLERS… before the war starts… :joy:.
Thank you for addnl inputs… Happy Battle

1 Like

Having fillers only applies to those with enough room for many heroes. Since addnl boxes for keeping heroes is also an issue then might as well the dev team will consider my suggestion.
Because i believe there were a lot of players out there that can’t keep more heroes, and by then you will just be happy leveling up heroes esp those close to ascension.
But to those with enough room for recruits, i’ll consider Witch’s idea of FILLERS.

1 Like

Hmm… don’t really buy this. Everyone will have space in addition to their 30 needed for AW for some fodder. You don’t need to reserve any specific filler heroes. You can just randomly pick any of your fodder to do the job. The only consideration is to remember to not consume ALL your fodder before the war starts… just leave a few to use as fillers.

If you’re in a position where you don’t have the space for fodder then you are in serious trouble because then you cannot level the heroes you do have. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s worth the development time when there is such a reasonable and easy workaround.

1 Like

If you need more room and can spare a few jewels, you can buy additional hero slots in the shop…

1 Like

I don’t think would work as well: in the original poster’s scenario, the empty spaces means that only ONE of their heroes could be hit by ramming pulverizer or other similar 3 target special attack. If there were 1* filler heroes in between, then this creates a “bridge” for 3 heroes to be affected by the debuff (2 good heroes plus the 1* in between them).

1 Like