POLL: Who is Better - Maxed Hero with MCB or Maxed Costumed Hero

Warm greetings !!

Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you for visiting this thread.

I’ve searched in this very forum, high and low, and from all corners including its nooks and crannies, but found none. So, this is a poll on all available Season 1 heroes with costumes aimed at determining which the forum-users think is generally the overall better hero between the available maxed original version of the Season 1 hero with maxed costume bonus (MCB) or the maxed costumed version of the same hero. This will be based on the thoughts of the forum users, whether casual, regular or moderator. Lurkers out there, please register an account here or sign in already, and join the poll. Thus:

5 STAR HEROES

• Maxed Azlar with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Azlar

0 voters

• Maxed Vivica with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Vivica

0 voters

• Maxed Elkanen with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Elkanen

0 voters

• Maxed Elena with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Elena

0 voters

• Maxed Kadilen with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Kadilen

0 voters

• Maxed Domitia with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Domitia

0 voters

• Maxed Isarnia with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Isarnia

0 voters

• Maxed Horghall with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Horghall

0 voters

• Maxed Lianna with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Lianna

0 voters

• Maxed Sartana with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Sartana

0 voters

• Maxed Richard with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Richard

0 voters

• Maxed Quintus with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Quintus

0 voters

• Maxed Joon with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Joon

0 voters

• Maxed Magni with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Magni

0 voters

4 STAR HEROES

• Maxed Rigard with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Rigard

0 voters

• Maxed Boril with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Boril

0 voters

• Maxed Boldtusk with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Boldtusk

0 voters

• Maxed Li Xiu with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Li Xiu

0 voters

• Maxed Skittleskull with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Skittleskull

0 voters

• Maxed Caedmon with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Caedmon

0 voters

• Maxed Kashhrek with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Kashhrek

0 voters

• Maxed Tiburtus with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Tiburtus

0 voters

• Maxed Little John with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Little John

0 voters

• Maxed Kiril with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Kiril

0 voters

• Maxed Sonya with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Sonya

0 voters

• Maxed Melendor with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Melendor

0 voters

3 STAR HEROES

• Maxed Renfeld with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Renfeld

0 voters

• Maxed Hawkmoon with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Hawkmoon

0 voters

• Maxed Berden with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Berden

0 voters

• Maxed Azar with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Azar

0 voters

• Maxed Gunnar with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Gunnar

0 voters

• Maxed Bane with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Bane

0 voters

• Maxed Balthazar with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Balthazar

0 voters

• Maxed Friar Tuck with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Friar Tuck

0 voters

• Maxed Karil with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Karil

0 voters

• Maxed Brienne with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Brienne

0 voters

• Maxed Belith with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Belith

0 voters

• Maxed Tyrum with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Tyrum

0 voters

• Maxed Prisca with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Prisca

0 voters

• Maxed Isshtak with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Isshtak

0 voters

• Maxed Carver with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Carver

0 voters

Since you’ve reach this far, I extend my deepest appreciations for your time and effort. Now, civil discussions on the topic are welcome. Everyone, if you haven’t casted your vote, please do so, and leave some tidbits of your mind why you voted for whom.

Latest Tranche of Season 1 Hero Costumes:

And since the last set of costumes are now available to S1 heroes who only have them for the first time last January, apologies for the delay in updating this thread, which was mainly alluded to the possibility of losing the poll previously made by the forum users. Also, at least three months have passed and players may already have a grasp of these new costumes as well as the increased stats due to the costume bonus to the original version of the heroes. So, without further ado, let the poll start !!

5 STAR HEROES

• Maxed Khagan with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Khagan

0 voters

• Maxed Thorne with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Thorne

0 voters

• Maxed Obakan with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Obakan

0 voters

• Maxed Justice with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Justice

0 voters

• Maxed Marjana with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Marjana

0 voters

• Maxed Leonidas with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Leonidas

0 voters

4 STAR HEROES

• Maxed Hu Tao with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Hu Tao

0 voters

• Maxed Sabina with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Sabina

0 voters

• Maxed Scarlett with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Scarlett

0 voters

• Maxed Chao with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Chao

0 voters

• Maxed Kelile with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Kelile

0 voters

• Maxed Colen with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Colen

0 voters

• Maxed Grimm with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Grimm

0 voters

• Maxed Wu Kong with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Wu Kong

0 voters

• Maxed Cyprian with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Cyprian

0 voters

• Maxed Gormek with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Gormek

0 voters

3 STAR HEROES

• Maxed Dawa with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Dawa

0 voters

• Maxed Valen with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Valen

0 voters

• Maxed Graymane with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Graymane

0 voters

• Maxed Nashgar with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Nashgar

0 voters

• Maxed Jahangir with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Jahangir

0 voters

• Maxed Kailani with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Kailani

0 voters

• Maxed Ulmer with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Ulmer

0 voters

• Maxed Gan Juwith MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Gan Ju

0 voters

• Maxed Oberon with MCB
  • Maxed Costumed Oberon

0 voters

Thanks for giving your time and sharing your mind on the polls. My deep appreciation to all of you who participated.

19 Likes

Caed, Sonya and Tyrum depending on what you want cleanse or dispel.

I don’t even know the differences of costumed and usual Ishtak, Berden, Carver and Azar. :innocent:

11 Likes

I’d like to see a third option to choose - both.
In my opinion C. Berden and Berden +MCB are equally good as well as both versions of Tyrum, Sonya or Caedmon (and many others).

11 Likes

I thought of that, too, but since you will be having both versions of the same hero, I just ended letting the forum-users think which version is better overall. There may be minor differences as to attack, defense, health, skills and maybe an additional or lost skill on the part of the costumed version.

I just assumed the 3s would be better with costume, i have Hawkmoon with costume, havent got excited to do the others yet.
The 4
s are ok depends on how you want to use them, ive done BT only to have him in the monk class for the trials.
The 5*s can now be used as Tanks if you dont have the fancy HOTMs. ie Kadilen, Magni with emblems as well. Azlar?? Maybe?? Defence path, coz if he goes off may as well flee and have another go :rofl:

1 Like

You mean a thread like this:

:stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

My take:

Better Maxed Costume:

• C. Sartana, C. Magni, C. Joon, C. Azlar
  • C. Kadilen (especially if you have Margaret or Inari for double dodge)
  • C. Richard (more dmg than Richard+CB)
  • C. Isarnia (more dmg and higher attack stat than Isarnia + CB)

Better Hero+CB:

• Lianna+CB (highest sniper dmg in game)

Situational: (depends on who else on the team and who you’re facing)

• Vivica (most times C.Viv better but sometimes you want heal/cleanse)
  • Elkanen (C.Elk does more dmg and is better offensively in Field Aid War but Elk+CB might heal more depending on who you’re facing. Elk+CB potentially better tank)
  • Domitia (C.Dom probably better b/c cleanse usually more useful but sometimes you need a dispel)
  • Quintus (probably C. Quintus for utility at slightly lower dmg but debatable)

Either or Equally Good/Bad:

• Elena (I’d only use her for tile dmg so I’d use Elena+CB b/c slightly higher attack stat)
  • Horghall (equally bad and I wouldn’t use either if have better green options)
4 Likes

I swear, there were already 50 votes I’ve seen on some 5 star polls…

Couldn’t vote for any difference in Sonya, Caedmon and Tyrum as well, both CB and costume versions are pretty good depending on the imminent need.

2 Likes

Costume Ishhtak is an average speed Isarnia on 3 enemies. Quite powerful for 3* rarity. However I prefer Brienne costume for defense drops so I use her+ regular Ishhtak instead for events and it works out super well.

Berdens costume basically makes him a green Valen which is good too but again I end up prefering regular since cBrienne is a mini-Athena on all enemies.

Carver gets Telluria’s mana debuff with costume, and undispellable which is quite mean. He’s a top defensive 3* basically.

Azar reduces mana of 3 enemies instead of 1. Makes her much better and stands out from the other (better) red 3* snipers.

I voted for all the cleanse versions of the dispellers as well because they’ve become very mandatory in this meta

6 Likes

Interesting. Among the S1 legendaries and based on the feedback of several forum-users who participated in this poll, I only see Elkanen with MCB as superior to the costumed version of the hero. While others are split which are better between maxed costumed Isarnia and maxed Isarnia with MCB. Can anyone please elaborate?

Very happy you created this post @Ultra. I don’t have all costumes to give best feedback (no one does, I think), but I am primary interested in special skill, followed by tile damage. There are some heroes that can be swapped from costume to regular with different useful effects. I am pretty disappointed that Inari and C. Kadilen overwrite, although one has 56% chance with fox minion and the other has lower chance with thorne minion and amazed that C. Karil burns as ice hero instead of dealing water damage. But overall costumed versions are mostly more useful than original.

2 Likes

Hiya, @Marktanner. Oh, some players have the complete costumes in their “wardrobes”, trust me. Please check this My goodness (highest TP?) and you’ll notice a post with a screenshot of a player’s defensive team with the most TP, with costumed season 1 heroes.

I myself don’t have all the costumes. That is why I created this poll for us to have a ballpark estimate which other players and forum-users (who may have those heroes I don’t) thought the better hero: the original one or the costume version of themselves.

1 Like

I hate to impose, but 66 max votes is not really a representative of all forum users (I think). Here !! Here !!

In relation to 5* costumes which I have:

Costume Quintus is better because of the additional attack debuff.

Costume Sartana is better because of the special skill’s pure damage, and change from wizard to fighter class with chance to revive.

1 Like

I voted for Elkanen with MCB because he does more damage and has a guaranteed self heal. Costumed Elkanen has a weaker hit and the health steal is not guaranteed - what if there was no healing?

For Isarnia, both are very similar. Just a difference between up front damage vs higher and longer defense down. I think neither is demonstrably superior.

2 Likes

Yeah, i have a maxed elkanen with mcb amd didnt even bother to try out his costume yet…

1 Like

But Elkanen with costume hits three harder. Regular Elkanen only does minor damage to target’s neighbors. Costumed Elkanen hits all three for the same damage.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s correct I missed that. Given the higher single target damage though, it about evens out in practical terms for me. Then I’d pick the sure health over conditional health steal.

2 Likes

@Rduke77 & @Gregor.Jax

So, is costumed Elkanen’s skills better than the skills of regular Elkanen with maxed costume bonus? As far as the survey goes, maxed Elk with MCB edges maxed costumed Elk by 6% as to this time of writing.