Poll: Raid/War Color Stacking

What do you mean “shouldn’t be able to” ? You either beat them or you don’t! There is no “shouldn’t be able to”!

1 Like

3-2 for 4.70, definitely!

1 Like

I used to raid and war with a 3/2 or 3/1/1, but since I built up more depth, I have become more of a gambler. I use full monochrome now, in the color strong against the biggest threat (not necessarily the tank). I win about 70% of my raids in diamond, and I only reroll if someone is significantly lower power than me. High risk, high reward is fun for me.

3 Likes

I think 3-2 is probably optimal, and that’s how I build my attack teams in war generally. When I raid it’s been mono color for a couple months now. I really enjoy massive tile damage and all my specials charging at once. Although you’ll get some bad boards, it’s great fun to win a raid in like a minute even though the defense team is 500 points stronger.

1 Like

Rainbow seems to be best for me, cause I havent got many leveled heroes and troops.
So far all my teams are rainbow to get much damage from tiles.
If one haves several well leveled cards, other strategies may have better effects.
Looking forward to test ist out when my heroes get better…
Meanwhile even my defence team is rainbow.
Most lucky raid victory was about 800 better than my attackers.
My strategy is based mostly on healing in the moment.
Sniper with healing support (Triton), a mana theft (LiXiu), two healers (Rigard, Mother North) and a healing tank with attack boost (Ares).
This will wear many opponents out :sunglasses:
With more good heroes I would change teammembers depending on opponent.

Monocolored, 2 or 3 colors are more useful for defence I think.
In my opinion rainbow is mostly best for attacking, but may be the game will change my poin of view in the future :wink:

1 Like

Agreed, but didn’t know how else to phrase it. Stacking gives you a better chance of beating stronger teams at the cost of less consistency. A rainbow team will likely win more raids overall.

2 Likes

I tried reverting to rainbow after using 3/2 for a long while, but I couldn’t… it’s disappointing… tile damage seems non existent, specials take ages to charge… definitely 3/2 for me.

2 Likes

What level arena are you? I gotta say, raiding with rainbow teams isn’t really a viable option in diamond.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think it would be too much fun in Platinum either.

1 Like

I do a mixture

Without a doubt, my most devistating team is my mono purple against a yellow tank team. After the tank (Guin) is dead from tiles, everyone is charged. This allows me to take out 2 more on one side and completly disable another on the other side. I now only have to deal with one enemy and half a board to ghost tiles with. It’s over quick.

Every once in a while though the board will punish you hard. It’s not enough to make me stop mono, but it sucks when it happens.

I still run all other combos from rainbow up. Mainly because I don’t have 6 good mono teams. I don’t know if I would even run a blue mono team…not currently. I’m also working on maxing the Sakura family which has nothing to do with color.

2 Likes

I like 2-1-1-1. I use it a lot. Even if I lose. When I face a yellow, I’ll break out the 4-1 purples, but that’s rare.

Still experimenting here and there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is. Unless you mean 100% of the time, I can’t comment on that since I don’t. But I do it more than 20% of the time. Totally depends on who you have and who they have.

I use 2-1-1-1 in wars because ist easyer on the heroes and the troops if you only have limited resources to work with and opponents have all the same color tank. :slight_smile:

Been experimenting with 3-1-1 and liking it better than 3-2 or 2-2-1. Color stacking 3 heavy hitters in a color + Tarlak + Delilah with some variation using Athena when making a Green trio or Yellow Trio.

1 Like

I stay around ~2650 with my defense and raid back up to top 100 when I’m online. I reroll Guins, but beat everything else with the same rainbow team fairly easily most of the time (95%+, I go weeks without losing a raid on attack).

I’ve had this debate multiple times on the forum now and have posted screenshots of my raid history + a youtube video of multiple raids in a row. I really don’t get why people have so much trouble believing a rainbow team works just fine. Almost no board ends up being bad so you rarely lose.

3 Likes

It seems like almost no board can be good raiding rainbow. Your tiles will do next to no damage at all and you’re trying to charge 5 separate specials at once, meanwhile you’re charging the defence teams specials and just eating them.

1 Like

Tiles still do plenty of damage - I often kill the tank without using a special. You also charge more than one special per move. Both of those seem counter-intuitive but combos make it possible. Every single move I do is either to make a diamond or get a combo. Even small x2 x3 combos (which are usually possible on most moves) charge different color heros and deal significant damage (which isn’t true when you’re stacking, those extra tiles that combo just give your opponent mana for 0 damage).

The boards that people complain about being bad when they’re running 3-2 often have diamonds in other colors. A rainbow team instantly wins on a diamond of ANY color - which is way more frequent than a diamond of the color you decided to stack.

3 Likes

The deeper your bench, the easier it is. I believe it is very possible for people with a wide selection of leveled heroes.

2 Likes

True, that probably helps especially at lower levels if you don’t have a versatile balanced team yet. I run Alasie, Zeline, Gravemaker, Viv, Panther/Sartana (which is also my def team) against everything though. A big part of the reason I raid rainbow is because it requires the least effort.

2 Likes

This is overstating the case a bit. At 33ish damage per tile, dropping 6-10 tiles on an opposing team is hardly an instant win. Even if you’re running a ton of +crit, it’s going to sting rather than decapitate.

There’s a lot of attack power and fast mana in your team. If you don’t have those two characteristics available to you in abundance, you really can’t put together an effective rainbow team. Even your one slow mana is the second highest attack stat healer…

Delilah might be a slightly better choice for your yellow, with a higher attack stat and average mana speed.

3 Likes