[Poll] Is Morel really male or female?

@Aeryn That isn’t a Devs’s conforming. It just @Guvnor 's initial guess.

1 Like

from the general appearances and names:

morel: male
lepiota: female
russula: female

from pervious artworks, SG mostly makes heroes pretty obvious from face/body details and leaves very little room of confusion.

2 Likes

Always an interesting topic… :stuck_out_tongue:

The vibe I personally get from the artwork is female.

What is Morel’s “title”? Sometimes that gives a clue.

1 Like

I think someone pointed out that the french title suggested morel is male

1 Like

“Eloi Hunter”. I also add the “title” image too. But I am not sure if we can assume that “Hunter = Male” or not since I never seen “Huntress” in any heroes’ title in this game.

Confirmed in the main Morel thread via French title that Morel is male: :male_detective: Morel – S4 Hero – 5* Ice/ Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

reposting the French pic with title here:

‘Chasseur’ is male. Mystery solved! :rofl:

(tbh, i thought he/she/it was female on first glance but i guess not. pretty androgynous really)

8 Likes

Yeah, but translation to other language can be different. It also happen to some other heroes.

1 Like

Is there a French word for huntress… makes a big difference.

1 Like

How are people seeing female here? It’s pretty obvious to me that he’s a male. And does it matter either way? 1/3 of us are confused I guess.

2 Likes

Yes, mentioned in the thread. Female huntress in French would be chasseuse.

2 Likes

In fact, if you focus on face and Morel’s hair style

Morel look pretty female-like.

1 Like

Sumle and almur have braided hair but the face/body makes it look they are males

1 Like

Like Telluria is male in my language but female in other language…

2 Likes

in portuguese (brasil) the title is “caçador”, so male, if it was “caçadora” it would be female (at least for brasilian players).

1 Like

Does this really matter? As far as im concerned since all i keep getting are carvers and wu this is the least of my concerns. Ppl put way too much concern on this inclusive and labeling thing. :laughing: Still sore that zeline had to get panties cause it offended others …smh.

4 Likes

Did you just assume it’s gender? Maybe it’s a Sherman tank for all we know. Reeeeeeeeeeeee

3 Likes

Morel is predominantly a male name.
It’s not totally uncommon in France so it makes sense for him to be androgynous :woman_shrugging:t3:

Some of you might like to know that beyond being a species of fungi, Morel is a [male] character from a The invention of Morel a book whose main character hints at Dr. Moreau.
I don’t know if this is intentional from SG but finding a character that is both in the fungi theme and the Moreau/adventure theme is poetic.
So, if it was on purpose, kudos to them.

La invención de Morel is worth reading and has been made into several adaptations for movies and theater.
Unbeknownst to most it is the novel Lost is based upon and at one point in the series Sawyer does read it.

So… Male, without a doubt.

6 Likes

I found a evidence that Morel might be female. It is the triangle face-paint.

Helo who is obviously male has triangle face-paint point upward and is dark-purple color.

Lepiota who is obviously female has triangle face-paint point downward and is black color.

Morel has triangle face-paint point downward and is black color similar to Lepiota.

However, there may be no relation between triangle face-paint and Eloi’s gender and Helo isn’t also fungus name :smile:

Helo’s old name is blewit and blewit, is a name of a mushroom

1 Like

@Tidyup Thank you. There is also Lepista mushroom as well :slightly_smiling_face: (Lepista - Wikipedia)

This is Lepista personata or field blewit (Lepista personata - Wikipedia)