Poll: Greatest Hero in Each Element

We’ve discussed the Greatest Hero in the Game:

Now, here’s your chance to decide the Greatest Hero in Each Element.

For me, ‘greatest’ means the hero with the most widespread and enduring impact. Not necessarily the ‘best’ or the ‘most powerful’.

With that filter, my picks in each element are:
Nature - Zeline. Albie and MN may have an impact on a battle. Zeline will
Dark - Hel. Seshat may win over time, but for the moment, Hel is still hella out in front
Holy - Wu Kong. Guin, Drake, Del, Joon all stand in the shadow of the hero who has a bigger impact on a daily basis than any other in the game
Fire - Boldtusk. Gravy gets the love, but let’s face it, BT holds more teams together over a longer period. And even high level players will use him in war. For most he was our first “5*”
Ice - Alasie. This is the toughest element to pick. Grimm is a candidate, as are the other A’s - Athena, Ariel, Arthur, Alice. I opted for Alasie, because she is still the Ice hero I fear the most.

I selected the Heroes below based on 5* with an ‘A’ rating in Anchor’s Guide. Plus I threw in a few wild cards that the guide has graded incorrectly (subjective!), and a few standout 4* and the only 3* worthy of consideration (subjective!)

NATURE

• Alberich
  • Evelyn
  • Gregorian
  • Hansel
  • Lianna
  • Mother North
  • Tarlak
  • Yunan
  • Zeline

0 voters

DARK

• Aeron
  • Boss Wolf
  • Guardian Panther
  • Hel
  • Kageburado
  • Khiona
  • Kunchen
  • Sartana
  • Seshat
  • Victor

0 voters

HOLY

• Bane
  • Delilah
  • Drake Fong
  • Guardian Jackal
  • Guinevere
  • Inari
  • Joon
  • Rana
  • Ranvir
  • Wu Kong

0 voters

FIRE

• Ares
  • Boldtusk
  • Gravemaker
  • Marjana
  • Natalya
  • Queen of Hearts
  • Red Hood
  • Wilbur
  • Zimkitha

0 voters

ICE

• Alasie
  • Alice
  • Ariel
  • Arthur
  • Athena
  • Grimm
  • Kiril
  • Magni
  • Misandra

0 voters

I hope I haven’t missed any obvious candidates. I apologise if I have. My selection is partly subjective of course. If you object to that, build your own poll! (I advise against that, it takes a while)

Vote away!

5 Likes

Out of curiosity; what was your reasoning for choosing Wu Kong over Ranvir? Was it because Wu’s special is always in effect, but Ranvir only applies if attacker has higher health?

2 Likes

It wasn’t about comparing stats for me, but more that Wu has had (and will for a long time) a greater impact on the game for more players than any other Holy hero. I’m not saying best or most powerful hero, but ‘greatest’ - which I guess people will each interpret in their own way.

Yeah, I would have interpreted ‘best’ and ‘greatest’ in the same way. I understand what you mean though :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it would be Proteus. Being relatively new to the game I went from struggling to finishing epic events and world boards to completing legendary events and season 1 without hardly losing at all. Currently I’m cruising through season 2 to collect as many Atlantis coins as I can for the next summons.

5 Likes

OK. That’s a miss from me. I should absolutely have put Proteus in.

I don’t think I can edit the poll without messing up the votes.

Maybe I can add a “Other” poll at the bottom if there are other misses?

1 Like

So, I probably should have included Proteus (Dark), Onatel (Holy) and Aegir & Frida (Ice).

I think if I edit the original pst, it will reset all votes. Which I don’t want to happen.

Does anyone know if that’s the case?

I was thinking of adding an additional poll at the bottom of the post that included these Misses. So I wouldn’t be touching the existing polls.

Any insight is welcome

How could you forget Aegir

2 Likes

My secret shame…

Bombardment!

Thanks to everyone that has voted so far. And lol that there are uneven amounts of votes per poll.

Because I kinda screwed this up by missing some heroes, I’ve decided to leave it a couple of months and I’ll do a Version II when we have some of the new heroes.

With other 100 votes, it’s interesting that:
Nature - Albie and MN neck and neck, and Tarlak not far behind
Dark - Hel remains the champ, but there’s a lot of love for Kage
Holy - no surprises here… Guin is still the goddess. Will that change as more players use Ranvir? And Seshat’s impact is felt?
Fire - Gravy, then air… lots of air. Great to see a 4* in second place
Ice - a three way race between the A’s - Ariel, Athena, and Alasie - but would the other A, Aegir, have dominated if I wasn’t such a numbskull for leaving him out?

Anyway, it’s fun to see that every hero got at least one vote (pity votes?)

I won’t close this poll until the next one goes up

1 Like

same reasoning for me. I like the reasoning for voting Wu and Proteus, and I used that for my other picks in the poll - accessibility. 4s are easier to get and to raise than 5s, so would be used by - and have impact felt by - more players, at least earlier on in the game.

I voted largely based on the heroes that often turn the tide in raids (usually against me).

Nature - Zeline

• I don’t usually run a healer or cleanser, so Zeline’s dispel/-atk causes me a lot of trouble.

Dark - Hel

• Pure awesomeness. I was lucky enough to pull her the very first time she was available in the Atlantis portal, and now she is probably my most-used hero in the game.

Holy - Guinevere

• I don’t have her, and honestly she’s not a problem for me in raids, but I see her EVERYWHERE in diamond arena. Also, I hate Wu Kong. :grimacing:

Fire - Zimkitha

• The anti-Zeline, I regret leveling Ares over Zim every waking moment. I constantly underestimate her on raid defense, and she often makes me pay for it.

Ice - Athena

• As much as I love Alasie, I’ve gotta give the nod to Athena. The defense debuff is awesome, and she was the one ice hero I wanted more than any for the longest time.
2 Likes

Cookie Settings