Please review Gobbler and his low defense

If the survivability is similar either way, and one way is more unique to an already unique hero… why not? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking 1425 HP anyway :slight_smile: but I’m guessing they leave him alone and see what happens when the elves drop

what is the point of having and lvling 5 star then if the dev should balance 4 and 5* and make 4* survive a battle vs 5* ? why not also balance 3* and 4* ? so i can use bane vs guine and delaila :smiley:

In my opinion Gobler should be used only in raid offense when facing minion heroes. Only then

I would lower Gobbler’s HP by 300, Offense by 100, and raise his Defense by 300 (recognizing that there is a fixed budget of Power, so any increase in one stat has to be offset somewhere else. Gobbler gains HP back by eating minions, but these HP are quickly lost owing to his appalling Defense.

He’s a Chameleon King—he ought to have great defenses!

EXAMPLE: Give him stats like Sonya (607 / 731 / 1011).

9 Likes

Hey guys,

i am totally with Marv and Kerridoc.
I got him on first atlantis and as my green 4* were not the best (no Hansel or CBP…) i maxed Gobbler.
I used him a lot of times on raids but as mentioned before, he was of no use. Either he was dead before he could eat any minion or the monion caster was dead and there were nothing to eat.

For what it worth, I second this request.

I can confirm that having Goobler surviving long enough to see him firing his SS is a rare event (almost like getting a 5* from a TC20).

That’s a shame as he’s the only one able to counter those evil minion-spawners like Delilah or Red Hood. (they are evil because I don’t have them :smile:) .

I hope his stats can be adjusted to give more variety to raids.

I agree completely with the gist of this thread. To be useful, Gobbler absolutely has to have his defense increased substantially. If his other stats didn’t have to take a hit to make up for the increased defense, he would have some survivability against teams that tend to feature minion-summoning heroes.

I regret wasting mats on him. I did see his very low defence but was hoping he’d have better survivability at max. Boy was I wrong. In 90+% of cases he never makes it to casting his special and tried a lot of different setups. In the remaining few percent, he is ready to cast his special when it is no longer needed (usually when the hero with the minions is dead) and in that case he’s entirely useless.

100000% and you have heard the rest.

Well i also noticed defence prob, but still he beats down all at once, but i found anather prob and im sorry to put it here, but i only today made forum account, so i cant pst topics, the thing with gobbler i noticed it wont do as tip says, tip says restore 50hp for each eaten monion and he dont do it, basicly im fighting in Raid and everyone always got minions, right? So why it wont even restore single hp, tho shall 5x50=250hp for each my team mate, right, it wont happen, if dont believe check yourself, i got 5/8 gobler

Real simple fix, swap his ATK and DEF numbers then he can do as his special is designed: fight 5* minion casters.

I’ve just had an idea about how to improve Gobbler:

Reverse the order of his special.

Currently Gobbler attacks everyone then eats minions. If Gobbler first ate the minions then attacked, he would be far more effective. Maybe enough so to justify bringing this glass cannon to the party once in a while.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I saw his damage applied after eating the minions. Otherwise there wouldn’t be anything to eat. Maybe I should raid a bit more with him. It’s hard to find test subjects on the map for Gobbler. Anyway, I expect to get a bit more use out of him tomorrow or whenever the Christmas event starts.

1 Like

==Order matters==

If I recall correctly, Devs made Piercing Strike ( twice ) dispels first and then damage and ( both times ) the Devs found it over powered reversed it.

==Super Glass Cannons==

I like both Scarlett and Guardian Jackal since their high match/ board/ physical damage helps even if they are dead. But they are fast and very fast.

==Glass nukes==

Wu Kong is a similar glass nuke, but yellow 4* are sturdier than most 4* plus his impact can be increased with mana items in the beginning before he dies.

==Gobbler==

While more 1*/ 2*/ 3*/ 4* minion heroes are in development ( according to rumors), his average mana speed and need to react to other heroes later in a battle reduce his effectiveness.

Edit:
Perhaps add “All enemies without minions get -34% attack for 4 turns ( red heroes are immune to this effect)”. Or make it similar to Black Tide from Mok-Arr and make matching heroes ( green) immune to the attack debuff.

3 Likes

I agree. Gobbler defense is very weak. Unless his defense is boosted, then he will only be a trash hero.

SG please buff gobbler defense. It’s too funny to think wimpy gobbler have the strength to face santa, MN and delilah with their high defense. Gobbler will die first before he can eat their minion

1 Like

I agree Gobbler needs a buff. He has a skill that is becoming more and more needed. However he’s not strong enough to trust going against most that require his skill. He has potential to be very important in the game if he could not be taken out so easily.

Further thoughts:

==High Attack stat==

The thinking with Gobbler ( anti-minion) and Ameonna ( anti-reflect damage ) appears to be “these are niche heroes, what role can we also give them?”. The Devs’ answer appears to be high match/ board/ physical damage so they are good for 3 Strong color or 3 Neutral color teams. As a third hero of their color on a team, high attack stat is a priority.

It is possible Devs expect you to use a tough 4* like Rigard or Falcon paired with a Revive/ Miracle scroll.

Or it could just be their opponents are not yet released. We know Classes are rumored to bring minions to 1* to 5*. We suspect the Atlantis families are not fully released.

==1500 HP==

This would put Gobbler in line with yellow 4* Jackal attack stat ( 2nd or 3rd best yellow in game ), and red 4* Falcon defense stat ( 2nd or 3rd best red in game ).

MY PERSONAL OPINION
I think Gobbler & Ameonna would be better with high defense stat. But depending on HP, this could make them OP.

I would also be fine with giving them both insanely high HP. Currently I do not use Revive/ Miracle scrolls since at least one hero has to be alive to use them.

Since 4* are the backbone of Empires, a rainbow team of 4* heroes with niche specials ( like Anti-minion, anti-reflect, anti-mana drain, anti-Gambler’s stance - yeah, that last one is a bit of a stretch) that can also out last most enemies long enough to use a Revive/ Miracle scrolls would be a cool addition.

2 Likes

Don’t have Gobbler yet, but would love to have him, yes the Def stat needs a little twiking, it’s just barely above maxed 3* s heroes, for a 4* hero that is expected to be in league with 5* s.

Similar to G. Jackal 's, I could hardly go with Jackal without Wilbur at least the share damage helps to keep him alive.

@Petri @Sara has SG ever think to buff gobbler defense stats? I mean oh come on, how can this super weak frog can be used properly to face santa, mother north, delilah, inari, redhood, to eat their minion? 450 defense stats totally ridiculous. (SG can nerf his attack, but buff his defense. Gobbler is not an attacker but he act as an utility hero, so he should be survive longer like buddy)

U know, when people use delilah, santa and mother north, they are also use another 5* strong team in their defense. So 4* gobbler with his super weak defense will die first even before delilah cast her minions.

Please consider it, gobbler need a little bit buff and love

:frog: ribbit… ribbit… give me some love… ribbit…

1 Like

I think Gobbler will be one of the 1st for the emblems