Please review Gobbler and his low defense

I think Gobbler will be one of the 1st for the emblems

Hey, I’ve got him as my tank
for the dysfunctional cup dropping team. And they still keep me in the diamond arena
most days.

2 Likes

Did the order of Gobbler’s special get changed, as Kerridoc suggested? I note that the card posted in this thread lists damage THEN eating. However, looking at his current card it now lists eating THEN damage, implying a change.

Anecdotally, I recently fought him in an Atlantis stage, had some minions up, allowed his special to fire, and it seemed that the order was eating then damage. I’m not 100% sure because I was distracted; I had planned to block his special with Merlin, but a HUGE cascade filled his mana much earlier than I had anticipated, so I wasn’t ready to closely observe what happened.

Well, I can confirm that the text on his card changed. I’ll try farming whatever S2 level he’s the boss of and report back.

I dont have gobbler leveled yet, but think I read we can obtain 200def from emblems after collecting about 2000
 lol. The bonus def would be awesome but seems like a ways off

Well i can confirm that Gobbler eats minions before dealing damage now.

4 Likes

Yeah, out of all my Druids he is going to be a fair ways down the list of priorities. You’re better off hoping that Gobbler spawns minion armor of his own for self-protection.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I came to research him because I realized his color is not beneficial when facing gold, green, and red (!) minion makers. Now I find he dies quickly. I’m sure Santa and Rudolph laugh when facing him.

should change his ATK <> Def , Gobbler need survive more to trigger his special, he is situational hero which is wont be used as sniper

I guess talent tree emblems can correct the def deficiency, this solution is currently more reachable than Devs changing anything.

Nobody want to waste the emblems for gobbler. It is not worth it.

The basic stats must be upgraded first by the devs

Personal opinion should not be generalized, surely there are people who will find him useful enough to use Emblems on him, moreso the Emblems can be reset, if people use emblems on 3s heroes how much more a useful 4 like Gobbler.

Which option is easier using emblems to revamp his low def and waiting for Dev to change its stat, a very very far fetched.
I don’t have him yet, when I do, I will certainly use Emblem to beef up his def, rather than waiting a very long time if at all for a change in his stat. That is my reasonable opinion, it may not be generalized.

1 Like

I have been very rude about gobbler in alliance chat and have nicknamed him “Roadkill” I lvled him up to 3/60, out of curiosity, and if I ever find myself with assention items to spare will throw them in his direction. I would be delighted to hear fom anyone who takes him all the way with emblems, since he should have potential??? Surely he must??? But I need to see it to beleive it at this point. But with any hero, you work with what you get, and while some heroes have been “fixed” it is very unusual, and therefore unlikely to happen. Which is just as well considering how many heroes I would love to see nerfed (coincidentally ones I don’t have :wink: )

I did take Gobbler up to 70+20 in beta just to see if that would make any difference. The short answer is No, emblems & the minion does not make him a viable minion killer because his defense is still too weak to face 5-star teams. Following the full defensive path of Hero Class (HC) upgrades gives him +103 defense and brings him up to 553. This is sitll way below the average defense stat of a 4-star hero before HC upgrades (628).

In practice the Druid’s minion generating ability doesn’t trigger enough to make up for the weak defense. Mind you I was testing in an environment where everyone else is 80+20 and usually not just 80+0. Even so, I still feel Gobbler’s still behind the curve competitively and would be bad in today’s environment even if his HC was maxed.

The only rational application for Gobbler is as a strong AoE hitter vs. 4-star (or weaker) defenses. In this context Gobbler should do Ok or slightly above average because he hits like a 5-star hero and his SS speed is a notch faster than the typical wide AoE hitter. Just think of a squishier Little John at Average speed and try to ignore minion eating entirely. Gobbler’s SS doesn’t hit with the same power as LJ’s does though, ofc. Maxing Gobbler’s HC down the offensive path seems promising, but pointless because of low survivability.

5 Likes

The use I have found for Gobbler is epic in events where you can run mono green. So, I emblemed him for that usage and man between him and the other green glass cannons, if the board is right the level is crushed.

1 Like

Buff Gobbler instead of nerfing Telluria

Just a thought, how about giving Gobbler a defensive buff or a speed buff. It may help f2p players or cheap to play players against Telluria.

4 Likes

I already thought about that (in my case, thinking about Grimble rather than Gobbler, but same concept)

Unfortunately

Resist

Minion Removal Resist

The Hero has innate resistance against Minion Removal.

1 Like

There’s 4 other heroes on that board.

2 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has opened, with balance changes to Gobbler and other Heroes.

Please transition discussion to this thread:

=> đŸ§Ș Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

1 Like