As there many bugs always recurring in the bugs category, I decided to do this topic to help with common bugs, reduce merging, repeating same answers and help find answers easily for common bugs
To help this topic be more readable I have summarized each section, please click on “Summary” to expand the section
What to do first!
We will talk about type of common bugs found here in the forum and the solutions, but please before posting any kind of bug do/read the following:
- Always make sure that you signed in into Google Play/ Game Center to avoid loss of game progress
- Make sure the game is up to date
- Make sure there is enough space on your device for for all apps run smoothly
- You have your account# saved securely with you AT ALL TIMES (this will be changed when re-installing, changing phones, playing on multiple devices)
- Sharing a video or picture to show the bug (game freeze screenshots are useless as it cannot be verified)
- Have the exact date/time this happened as support will likely ask you
- Check the following topic
[Wiki] *NOT* a bug FAQ
- If you didn’t find the solution here or you tried the solutions and didn’t work try the search function for similar bugs before creating a new topic
Caused after releasing new update or patch to the game and its general to all players such as the revive issue, or the auto correct and capitalization.
Mods please help to keep the links for all known bugs related to versions here, till they are solved
Some players get connection lost and other connectivity issues after updates, usually rebooting the device fixes that
Related to the account such as purchase bugs, lost account, lost items/heroes/gems/etc.
If you suspect that you lost an item or hero please check in game:
Options -> Support “Recent Activity”
Make sure that you didn’t use them anywhere – in many cases, the player used that specific item or gems.
Contact support directly without posting in the forum. Remember the forum is for player to player conversation only – we can’t help you here with any billing or account issues!
Sudden visual bugs or glitch
Sometimes the player will see a black area on the map or a hero is pixelated or any other visual bug that wasn’t there before and there was no update released this is usually fixed by restarting the game or/and your device and if it didn’t work try clearing the cache of the game
Android (Settings > Apps > Empires > Memory > clear cache)
iOS I didn’t find a way to clear cache for an app other than re-installing, before re-installing please check the following:
- You have signed in game center
- You have your account # saved (just incase anything happened)
- You have stable connection when downloading the game
Or got kicked out of the game – this usually happens if you have unstable connection, connection dropped and got back, your device memory is full or almost full (this will cause the device to get laggy), your device is old or outdated.
This can’t be helped unfortunately, you can only take precautions – such as emptying your device storage or ensuring that you’re connected to a reliable hotspot before playing. You will NOT get your energy back regardless on what activity you were doing.
PS: in very rare cases this happens when there is a server issue and usually SGG will give a flask to all affected players
Read This Topic before submitting a bug regarding costumes. Most likely it was designed like that, as it’s a new feature and it might get confusing. If you didn’t find you answer you could ask and we would help.
If what you are suggesting is an improvement to the way costumes work or are implemented, then that belongs under the #ideas-feature-requests category
This is a new feature, and I know most will have questions regarding it for more information please visit the following topic
🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion
V2 Alchemy Lab Bugs
As the new Alchemy lab has been released many people are getting confused about it and have many questions
please check the following topic and make sure its not working as intended before submitting it as a bug
🎲 [v2] Alchemy Lab FAQ & Discussion
Foreign language or translation error
Please go to This thread and post there
Creating a bug topic
Before creating a new topic please consider and do the following as it will help the developers and people to help you:
- Use a good title for the topic
- try to add some tags for the topic for what the bug is related to
- Videos if possible of the current bug (specially if its during a fight or only caused by doing a special pattern of moves)
- A screenshot if it will show the bug 100% (same as the revive issue screenshot was enough to show the bug it self)
- The version and build of the game (Options >>> About) you will find it on top right
- If you believe its a phone related state your phone manufacture, model, operating system and it version