Please Nerf telluria

So, you say it’s fine that hero’s are op, as long as they are behind a paywall?
And it’s fine, that the counters are also behind a paywall?
But you want to nerf a hero, just cause it’s been available to a bigger amount of players as it’s a hotm?
If they nerf, then they should adjust all op heros or they leave all like they are and bring new hero’s as counters.
But I feel your so called fix is wrong.

@moderators
Stop messing around with my posting.
If I use the word stupid, then I don’t want it changed by you, into something like “I feel it’s wrong”.

My opinion is…

they aren’t OP!

Finley’s counters are many…AND DEVASTATING They don’t require cleanse or dispel…or both…
And as such, neither have bothered me in raids.

They are offensive weapons. And other’s offense doesn’t bother me. I can’t see it. I don’t care.

But it’s just opinion. I actually have neither Finley or Killhare!
Do have Failluria.
And see problems, most likely… from a different viewpoint. Which doesn’t make you, me or anyone else wrong! It just puts us at different stages of the game…

1 Like

What? @Pompitous is absolutely right! Those heroes didn’t change diversity at all before Telluria’s era.

Telluria simply should have been available in Event, not as a HotM. This was the biggest mistake the developers made…

1 Like

So a average hero, which could wipe a whole team, with one hit, isn’t op?

Same goes for a fast hero, which easily attacks the whole team and lowers defense?
Interesting, but Telluria is op?
And no, it’s not off topic, I just answered on your posting where you started to speak of those.
And btw. which counters are there for Finley, beside mits?

And she is behind a paywall, but ok… Keep living in your “I’m bored of Telluria” world and ignore it…

[Nerf Finley! - #36 by Pompitous]
cheers

It’s a complicated issue:
If heroes are not stronger and stronger the game becomes boring anyway.
And without balance:
Who will continue playing
When victory is decidedly purchased?
When the reroll button becomes necessary…?
When war victories come easy to the wealthy?

Now balance between that :point_up_2: and saturation…
which is also exceedingly boring
It’s complicated! A frail line to walk…

1. The tank position is unique.
    It draws your eye. It molds your attack squads. We barely notice when flanks and wings change colors. The tank position, by and large is considered the most critical component in defenses

2. There is no Tank on offense!

So the most critical component has lost variety. Which has caused the bulk of E&P game content to become stale.

I’m truly fine with another super creep tank.
Or just fixing the problem whatever.

But another super creep Hotm tank?.. will extend these toxic threads. And change nothing… but the color of the swamp…

Yes, it is. The problem is that a hero like Telluria should have been released the same way as those OP heroes, because she’s really OP.

1 Like

They where told about it before, by the beta testers.
They didn’t listen and sold the product to their customers.

Yes, this is exactly why I hate the devs. Money and greediness destroyed the game I loved. Will the devs pull themselves together? Who knows… I hope they will, because they’re ridiculous.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. This observation, however, is entirely inaccurate.

All. Please keep conversation civil and within the Forum Rules. Thank you.

:rofl:

Really? That is your solution?
Overpowered heroes are OK as long as the costs to get them are so high that only the really big spender will get them for sure?

:rofl:

I am out of this thread, you guys don’t want a solution, you guys are just trolling around to cause a scene!

Agree entirely!
I am getting fedup of the game because of Telluria. Gets impossible to play against such teams!

Hi Hippo, actually that’s what really happened. @anon38391235 is right → Beta testers was wrongfully blamed for Telluria back then, but in fact the developers ignored their feedback.

I was there. Testers perceived JF to be the problem and there wasn’t really any feedback that the original Telluria was OP. The new heroes were fun to play with and we were excited about them. We didn’t spot the synergy between Telluria and Vela. We can go back and look at the old threads and I have done. As testers we have learned from this.

However, pointing and blaming in these general forum threads does nobody any good.

2 Likes

This is a wonderful idea. Is there a way we can give it some traction?

@ll2000sr, it’s not my preferred choice. As if I get a choice…:yum:

A thorough read would reveal:

1. Git Gud
  2. Release red super creeps
  3. Re-make the game and buff all other heroes
  4. Fix Telluria’s Santa stats
  5. Nerf GM and probably Vela some more

These are all the ideas, by volume. With 1 talked about the most and 5 the least.
You’ll see that I’ve been promoting 4. But I feel defeated. I feel it will never happen. I feel the meta has shifted towards money before Telly’s release. But F2P can still compete on a limited basis.

Many of the players don’t want balance. They want super creeps. That’s what they paid for, RAAAWWR

So I just don’t see balance coming back :pensive:
And if the fix to this green swamp is solution #2
Well… please… don’t make it a Hotm!
Otherwise variety remains a thing of the past
Pre-April-2020…
And the future will just be a different colored swamp

1 Like

Hate hate hate this type of response to any question on here. As if any amount of player “tile matching skills” could ever fully compensate for the massive power creep in this game. Maybe on a very good day with awesome boards. But on any normal day? Sorry, a player with OP heroes is going to win majority of the time.

And I say this as someone who isn’t even afraid of Telluria. Because I’ve been playing for 2 years and I have enough leveled red heroes to burn her to a stump.

But again. Key words there - I’ve been playing for 2 years. What comes “easy to me” doesn’t come easy to my lower leveled alliance mates.

I really think that’s one of the main problems with this forum. The elitism of every player thinking, “well it’s easy for me, it should be easy for you”… everyone has different teams. Different luck. Different spending levels. Different amount of time playing. Etc. How about taking yourself out of your own situation and try to imagine (or just try to remember) what it was like before you had all that fancy stuff? Wasn’t so easy back then, was it?

“Oh well I did okay…”

Yeah and you didn’t have to face any TellyVelas back then either, because there were no TellyVelas back then. Check your privilege! LOL

Okay, I kid, I kid. But only partially. Reality is: power creep. Yes it’s real. “Oh well I don’t feel it…” when did you start playing? “About 3 years ago…” well then duh. That’s why you don’t feel it. Because you’ve been more or less keeping up with it. You’ve had time to level up your heroes, a couple of newbie P2Ws can’t come in and undo all of your progress overnight. But imagine all of those who came in later, those who weren’t fortunate to pull Telly. They get up to a certain level and… ■■■■■■■ Tellys everywhere. And what do they have on their own teams? A half leveled Kelile or Colen?

Forum sez “git gud”

Naw man, naw. That’s bull :poop:. WE ALL KNOW IT!

Exactly.

It’s the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about.

Because some can afford to buy the elephant and don’t want to admit that it’s OP.

Others can’t afford to buy it but are afraid to complain because then SG Brigade will come in and shut them down hard.

Then there are people like me who say “hey look, there’s a giant elephant in the room,”

and I get shut down HARD.

5 Likes

Yeah. I don’t mean to besmirch "Git Gud."
It does have a place, and this is probably the best:
[How do you beat Telluria in raids?]

But that’s a read for all the players who claim the trio is "unbeatable"

And not a read for all the players who no longer change their attack squad.
Who are trapped in this part of the game:
[Please Nerf telluria - #228 by Pompitous]

This…direction… has given me regret for purchasing the extra team slots. There used to be value.
But ever since April… What a waste

1 Like

“Git gud” has it’s place, especially among any player who has 4500 TP rosters and claims they can’t take down Telly.

I mean… c’mon. I’m not even up to 4200 TP and I can take down a fully emblemed Telly on a decent day.

But I have people on my team who have warred with us, and they’re only level 30 with 3600 or so TP, and our opponents put up a bunch of 4k+ GTV… there is no “git gud” for them. It’s basically either “git lucky” or “git dead”.

Every once in a while, one of them actually takes out one of the GTV teams… and I laugh my freaking butt off. Like… OMG… my level 31 just took out your level 65 defense team in one friggin hit… THAT had to hurt! :laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

But that’s not an everyday thing. 9 times out of 10 it is big teams one shotting our little guys and them struggling to try to fight back.

1 Like

Would be pretty boring, if it’s easy to take down 4k+ Teams with just 3.6k teams.
The lower teams should do the cleanups on war.

1 Like