Please NERF Costumed Guardian Panther

If a hero needs to consider so many variables, especially knowing today’s meta is purple tank, Gpanther is NOT OP. Anywhere you place him, you can take yellow stack against him.

Remember when you place Telluria and Vela next to each other, and that was it. Isn’t the case here with Gpanther.

2 Likes

Now it’s released

Everyone’s got him (not me!)

No! He won’t be on defence!

And he is bonkers

And the game is out of control!

Maybe ‘we’ as players should be all ‘nerfed’ to our sensible pre-E&Pselves!

2 Likes

What? People wouldn’t bring yellow against C-G. Panther. They’d bring yellow for Xnostrils. CG Panther is just a double whammy for a yellow attack team.

It’s not about the position of C-G. Panther in particular, it’s about her position when paired with other heroes with similar abilities. The debuff she puts on would overwrite El Nad’s debuff (order of operations- in this case, order in which the AI fires the special). Which happens to also prevent buffs but in addition to preventing buffs she causes damage to any hero a buff would be attempted on, making it a full waste.

Telly, Vela huh? You placed them next to each other because Telly was an OP tank and Vela was an OP right Flank. You didn’t put Telly in a wing position and then Vela next to her. Or Telly in the flank and Vela in the Wing. You placed them that way because you had GM on the left flank.

Your comment makes me think you don’t fully read the hero cards to understand them and how to create synergies between heroes. Because there are plenty of variables. Such as Wizard classes needing buffs on the enemies to trigger the extra 15% damage and equalizer removing buffs, therefore quite a reduction in those wizard class procs.

@King_Kyree77 was 100% spot on.

3 Likes

You completely glossed over my assessment of your team and went right to pointless rambling about why you don’t want G. Panther adjusted. Don’t try to make a point if you really don’t want to discuss it.

2 Likes

The whole thread is about nerfing Gpanther… I am just stating the fact that Gpanther doesn’t need a nerf due to completely different scenario vs Telly and Vela.

Why don’t you show me a team with Gpanther which you think will require a nerf? lol

1 Like

as of this writing, my current raid defense, which features C. Guardian Panther on the left wing of a double formation, has won 9 defenses in a row, continuing the 5-0 streak that started overnight last night.

1 Like
  1. Disregard balance for offense hero
  2. But maintain balance for defense hero

Try not to be short-sighted and understand the long-term consequences:

1. Raiding becomes boring.
  2. Everyone start scoring high in war. The game becomes stale…
  3. Players make videos winning in 6 tiles
  4. Player’s start making videos winning with 3 or even 2 heroes next…

Then what…? Make stronger OP defense heroes next?

1. … the next portal outperforms the last. If there is no control of Super Creep, then after you spend $10,000 this year, it will be obsolete next year…!

The ecosystem of balance in this game should not completely disregard entire rosters…
No matter what role the new creep has…

2 Likes

It’s not I don’t regard offense. It’s because offense requires some luck. No matter how OP a hero is, you can’t guarantee you’ll get 7-tiles and ensuring you’ll get it in time before the opponent flanks/wing fires.

When you do get 7-tiles, there are already teams that can kill 3 or more opponents. With a combination of def down, elemental, etc.

I stated that if Panther costume has dispel, then warrants a nerf. But she doesn’t. So a simple taunt hero, dodge, reflect, damage mitigation, etc will block your skills.

She does hit slightly more but more heroes have beefier def and hp too! Also, her att rating is lower than some hit-all heroes.

Anyway, I already spent too much time on this thread. Doesn’t bother me at all, as I dont use purple on today’s war anyway.

1 Like

Then you were shown how dispel sits charged waiting for enemies buffs.
So you continue to ignore,
On the FAST hero: Buff Block > Dispel

I think the downplay posts are beginning to show an alternate agenda

But you only harm all the money you spend by endorsing such a rapid creep pace

2 Likes

Is a nerf in the works?

1 Like

Will be announced soon on the next update :roll_eyes::rofl:

Yep. She’s escaped into the wild from the SG DNA research lab ( oh sorry that was Jurassic Park)

I’m still holding on from a full opinion as I’m yet to come across her.

At this stage I don’t think she has fundamentally impacted the game making it undeniably harder for those who did not get her, or making it necessary to have certain heroes as a result of her being in the game. ( These are the main parameters for me for potential nerf)

Yes she will make some raids easier for people who get her, but we don’t see many yellow tanks now anyway.

Yes people who have her will score higher on titans.

Yes she may become a component of needed teams to get into top 1% for yellow mythic. But there are already some other heroes that are a strong component for top mythic titan scores anyway.

At this stage, I don’t think she needs a nerf

3 Likes

SG nerfs are based on defense performance

Panther isn’t good enough there

on attack, she is strong but not op as she NEEDS follow-up to finish the enemy (just like other hero combinations)

overall, she is similar to other powerful heroes no one seems to bat an eye on because they aren’t seen much on defense

i am saying this again, we have many more heroes in need of buffs than heroes who are requested to be nerfed

please create more serious buff topics rather than nerfs and spreading negativity

4 Likes

So why xenolpod isn lt nerffed yet? Its the mais base of all defenses on raids and wars. And it is a beast of a tank.

1 Like

The only nerf Xnolphod and mana batteries in general would need is to not make them gain mana from their own special skills.

2 Likes

I already have a purple team that is death in 6 tiles. Panther wouldn’t even get into it (and the base version I have didn’t either)

Her costume is brilliant no doubt but I’ve come across her a couple of times in raid defences and just not seeing it. She’s not tough enough.

And if you lose a raid with her in the D well you’d have lost it anyways so I don’t really see why she needs a nerf.

Very rare Offence heroes can be godlike for all I care. Leave this be.

5 Likes

xnolphod doesn’t need nerfs

he fully depends on the rest of his team and how good they are

telluria in her prime can cripple the entire team alone. the main reason she was a bit too strong is because there weren’t good red heroes at that time. now even telluria in her prime isn’t even an issue with so many great reds around including 4* and great other colours who can deal with her and prime vela.

too bad SG isn’t willing to buff them back again

3 Likes

People are so overreacting.

280% to all on fast was already available with C Master Lepus (yes, with the mana ailment drawback). Elemental defense down was already available in just 5.5 tiles with Anton (not counting mana troops).

You could already pair Anton with e.g. Onyx and Killhare and obliterate an entire team in 9 tiles.

C Guardian Panther makes it more efficient because you now have the elemental defense down to all and 280% to all combined into one. But it doesn’t fundamentally add something that was previously impossible.

There are already mono purple attack teams consisting of Khonshu, C Kageburado, and others who will destroy your entire team in just 6 tiles. Don’t believe me? Watch The most INTENSE team I have ever built!!!!—Empires and Puzzles Books - YouTube.

So on offense, she is just a good hero. But she doesn’t change the landscape.

On defense, lol, she is a joke. Low defense, and not the talents you want in a defensive hero. You want a strong defense? Go use the S5 heroes. Their passives and family bonus alone will make your opponent scream in frustration. Panther has no passives, and her family bonus is not only terrible but doesn’t even work if you only have 1 hero.

Finally… have a look at the beta beat for the heroes that are upcoming. You’ll forget all about C Panther soon enough, just like everyone’s already forgotten about previous so-called “overpowered” heroes like Ludwig, C Finley, and others.

4 Likes

You mean overreacting like this? :joy:

To be perfectly clear, I don’t want her to be nerfed. I just find hysterical that you claimed she was completely broken a week ago, but now that you pulled her, she’s just ok on offense and “a joke” on defense.

I particularly love your complete 180 on the c Lepus comparison. 7 days ago, she made him look like a joke, now they’re basically the same. Just perfect. :ok_hand:

Come on, have some dignity please.

I really hope you pull c Alasie soon. It’d end your obnoxious “Nerf c Alasie” crusade instantly. :joy:

17 Likes

Thanks for the stalking! I hope you wasted a lot of time.

Once I started considering the (complete lack of) passives/family bonus and Panther’s actual usability. I realized she’s really not OP. She won’t be in any defensive team, has no family or passive bonuses, and doesn’t offer anything that existing heroes don’t already. So she’s not OP, despite seeming so right upon release.

BTW, I have C Alasie, the entire X-mas family, C Panther, and pretty much every other hero in the game. Unlike you however, I have an actual interest in balance. Hence why the X-mas heroes needed to be nerfed (the majority of top-100 defenses consisted of the same X-mas team) and why C Alasie needs a nerf (when top alliances use two copies of C Alasie in all 30 war teams, you know something’s broken). Keep pretending it’s for other reasons though… nice try.

1 Like