Please help me redo my War defense team

Hello everyone!

I’m looking for help re-doing my War defense team and I’m hoping that more experienced players can lend a hand as they have in the past. I will list out my heroes by color and indicate whether they have costumes and emblems. All heroes listed are maxed. I’d like to know people’s opinions on forming a team that requires a red tank and also a team that has no tank color requirement. Thanks in advance!

Yellow:

• Gullinbursti + 20 emblems (762 power)
  • Mist + 18 emblems (751 power)
  • Odin + 1 emblem (793 power) (I have more emblems I can put on him)
  • Wu Kong + costume + 20 emblems (779 power)
  • Vivica (755 power)
  • Li Xiu + 20 emblems (740 power) (she was my former tank, hence the 20 emblems)

Purple:

• Domitia + costume (797 power)
  • Rigard + costume + 20 emblems (781 power)
  • Sabina + costume + 15 emblems (749 power)
  • Cyprian + costume + 20 emblems (779 power)
  • Zulag (778 power)
  • Tiburtus + costume + 10 emblems (724 power)

Red:

• Marjana + 12 emblems (815 power)
  • Boldtusk + costume + 20 emblems (780 power)
  • Gormek + costume + 20 emblems (780 power)
  • Wilbur + 15 emblems (724 power) (I can add more emblems)
  • Guardian Falcon + 15 emblems (721 power)

Blue:

• Richard + costume + 4 emblems (815 power)
  • Grimm + costume + 20 emblems (778 power)
  • Kiril + costume + 17 emblems (767 power)
  • Boril + costume + 18 emblems (769 power)

Green:

• Lianna + 7 emblems (790 power)
  • Bertila (784 power)
  • Almur + 7 emblems (697 power)
  • Little John + costume (676 power)
  • Skittle + costume (679 power)
  • Kashrek + costume (680 power)
  • Melandor + costume (673 power)

Again, I’d love to know people’s opinions on a team with a red tank, and then a team that does not require any particular color tank.

@RandaPanduh @Kerrang @Dudeious.Maximus you guys helped me SO MUCH a few months ago understanding a bunch of stuff about the game. Can I trouble you to once again provide me with your thoughts?

1 Like

A good day to you Christian! Here’s my thoughts:

If you do red tank, it’s personally for you the worst option. However below would be what I’d do with a red tank in your shoes:

Domita - Richard - Marjana - Odin - Lianna If you Limit Broke Boldtusk, I’d use him as tank over Marj.

With no tank color requirement I’d do Domita - Odin - Richard - Marjana - Lianna.

I think Zulag and Richard are your two best tank options. With Fast war I’d put Bertila over Lianna.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Hey Chadmo, thanks for the help! So, given my team, if I can use any tank I want, I shouldn’t use a healer like say Costume Rigard somewhere in the mix? I’m not questioning your advice or anything, it’s just that I’m not used to not using a healer. Also, if I have to go red tank, I guess Wilbur is out because his power is too low? He is a natural tank and his special can give people fits (I’ve been on the receiving end of that one!). Thanks again!

1 Like

It took a long time to realize healers aren’t needed on defense. However, if you are one of the lower strength players in your alliance, I like healers then. Healers punish smaller teams hitting you defense because they don’t have the hero depth that higher level players have. Domita is a stronger hero for the most part, fully levelled C-Rigard is tough. Make sure you Limit Break him when the purple Aethers challenge comes out.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

You don’t really have a good red tank but I probaly would do:

Domitia - odin - boltusk or gormek- richard - lianna

Problem is odin and Richard shares the same emblems so in that I would probably swap richard with Grimm/cGrim

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I know my red tanks are less than desirable. I kept yelling for Black Knight to appear at the last Knights portal, but he refused to comply! :rofl: :rofl: Azlar keeps ducking me too!

War Defensive Options (imo)

Yellow

Odin, Mist and/or Gullinbursti

Odin is definitely your best defensive option, with Mist also in the top. Gullinbursti is prob not gonna see a lot of action tho outside of VF war. The rest of your options would suffice, but are pretty “meh” in comparison.

Purple

C. Domitia, C. Rigard and/or C. Tiburtus

If your C. Tiburtus were further along, I’d definitely be throwing him in most/all of my suggestive defensive setups; he’s brutal, and his defense down synergizes so well with AoE heroes. However, he’s one of your weaker ones.

C. Domitia will definitely add more survivability and she’s got cleanse or dispel. The former would typically be my go-to (as Mist can pseudo-debuff, and C. Domitia also has DOT), but there is some synergy of using CB Domitia with Odin - as if the opponent tries to stack holy, it’s not gonna do much for em anyhow.

C. Rigard would also be awesome, but definitely don’t want more than one dark hero on your squad if you’re also throwing in Odin - even with Dom’s shield - as they’ll bring in holy no question.

Red

Marjana and/or CB Boldtusk… maybe Wilbur

Marjana is your strongest here, and has tanky stats, so prob could tank moderately well for you; not ideal, but it works.

CB Boldtusk was made for tanking; being a 4*, weaker and passive is a bit of a downside, so he’s not perfect for it either, but his skill is definitely better suited than Marjana [for it]. So you’d choose one for survivability/better stats, or the other for the synergy they bring to the rest of your team.

Wilbur I only consider if no one else provides defense down on your war defense, as that is the most basic - yet the most essential - synergy for defenses to have, especially when the rest of your setup is purely offensive (or passively adds to that power).

Blue

C. Richard, CB Grimm and/or C. Kiril

C. Richard is by far your strongest, but imo, I don’t think he brings enough to the table to be your stand-in blue; I value defense down a whole lot more. That’s why CB Grimm, and C. Kiril, should also be considered - despite being weaker.

Green

Lianna

She’s your strongest, and your best suited for defense. Bertila would only see light during VF, and the rest are too behind in stats and skill to ever be considered.

Spit-balling a few ideas here:

Red Tank

Mist-C. Tibs-BT-Odin-Lianna

Risk of yellow stack, or purple, but has synergy with defense down + attack up

CB Domitia-CB Grimm-BT/Marjana-Odin-Lianna

Rainbow w/ defense down - synergy, but a lil weaker

Mist-C. Richard-Wilbur-Odin-Lianna

Could purple stack and risk it, but has some synergy with defense down

C. Domitia-C. Richard-Marjana-Odin-Lianna

Rainbow w/ your strongest - but lacks any real synergy

Otherwise

Marjana-any of the three purples-C. Richard-Odin-Lianna

Prob your best rainbow option with current standing/strength; C. Rigs or C. Tibs will add synergy, while Dom will add power and support

2 Likes

Rainbow option with red tank:

VF war: C-Rigard, Odin, Wilbur (It´s probably not the best tank but If you manage to fire him the enemy will have a very bad time) Richard, Bertila.

Equalizer: Rigard, Odin, Marjana, Richard, Lianna.

Field Aid: C-Sabina, Odin, Boldtusk, Richard, Lianna.

Minions: Use C- Gormek as tank.

2 Likes

Thank you. Can I ask what your thoughts are if I can use any color tank that I want?

As always, thank you so much for your expert advice! I’m going to throw some emblems on Tibs to try to get him up to speed better before the next War. I see what you mean about Richard. Also, with Wilbur, I think I overvalued him. I was excited to get him and leveled him up because I wanted to match tanks with a few of my mates. I then realized that, um, yeah, maybe I should have used those materials elsewhere. It happens, I guess!

3 Likes

Wilbur is a good hero I want another but only have one…
You have BT wilbur falcon that’s a nice combo there if you get a colen add that to mix and its a death sentence (cause yah need tiles haha)

As for war got some goood advice already and can’t say much more…
War is bit more diffrent now with VF, minons and equalizer.
You may have to swap out hero’s depending on which war it is soo keep a eye on what war is coming.

1 Like

I wouldn´t be the lone guild player with an off color tank because that will mean that the enemy can easily stack against you and allows the enemy to stack easier on your allies.

I´d do Odin; Boldtusk, Richard, Marjana, Lianna. (Bertila tank in VF)

It also depends heavy on your troops, 1 tile reduction can be game changing.

1 Like

Thank you my friend. I do like Wilbur but yeah, he’s pretty new to me, so I struggle at times using him. I have to get more familiar. I thought he would be a good tank for War, but I guess not so much! I have a Colen unleveled. I think I’ll work on him next (working on Reuben right now, but will get stuck at 3/70 soon).

1 Like

No probs he his a fun hero hence I want another for a war team… Haha colen is beast… Yaah roster looking good too :sunglasses:
I do notice you have zulag that at yeah she a tank think she don’t get much respect can be a pain.

Have look at them and see what others say

1 Like

Red tank:

Cos Dom - Odin - Wilbur - Richard - Lianna

Any Tank

Depends what extra emblems you have available for Odin. If plenty I’d go

Marjana - Cos Dom - Odin - Cos Rich - Lianna

If not many I’d go

Cos Dom - Odin - Richard - Marjana - Lianna

2 Likes

Once again, many thanks. I checked out the links you sent me. Very helpful!

1 Like