Please give us the reroll back - or another solution for our raid groups [MASTER]

What a stupid and disappointing thing…

I thought this same thing for a long time, too. I had tested it once, probably over a year ago, and it cost me ham, so I never did it again…

Until about a month ago when an alliance mate mentioned it (thinking it was common knowledge). My mind was blown, and I’ve been rolling in the extra ham ever since. Slightly disappointed not to have the option anymore, but yeah, it was clearly a bug, so I can’t really complain that it’s fixed now.

2 Likes

I re-rolled and it didnt cost me any ham

Change food to Iron and everyone is happy.

2 Likes

If it gave you the option to reroll, you probably haven’t upgraded yet. The new upgrade looks like this:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve not had the option to update yet

almost two years of playing and I never new about this little “undocumented” feature :smiley:
come on, guys, it was clearly a bug and they fixed it. be happy they arent punishing those who abused it thousands of times probably.

6 Likes

That is my recollection, as well. No food price was mentioned, but it was still collected.

Was it always that way, or was that changed at some point? I recall my food going down on such rerolls, and so I never bothered doing it again. I would just revenge someone else instead, or curse the game if my watchtower had no other suitable opponents.

I thought the same thing. When I re-rolled after a ‘revenge’ opportunity was online, I swore it still took food. The only ‘free’ re-rolls I thought we got were by bringing up a new available revenge.

Maybe it was a recent bug? I’m still on v29 and re-rolling after an ‘opponent online’ pop-up occurs does not take any food.

1 Like

I always thought that the food you pay for re-roll should go to the opponent you are re-rolling. If you don’t want to fight me, you should pay me.

6 Likes

I’m putting up my 3 star team, I think that might have been the point. Drop cups, don’t use telluria. Let people fill their chest.

I too observed it costing food, bit a long-time ago - perhaps it was a bug introduced when they tinkered with revenges to not be dependant on what version people were playing.

But it’s clearly an unintended exploit that’s correctly been stopped.

2 Likes

I never knew about this exploit, as I prefer to just do revenges anyway. I figured that if I pressed “reroll”, I was going to get charged for a reroll and given a random opponent that I had no intentions of fighting in the first place.

Personally, I’m more annoyed by the fact that I have to wait for another player who attacked me first to go to sleep or whatever before I’m able to get my revenge. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m amazed how people call this abuse and say that only a small portion of players knew this. It’s right at the core of the game, in raids ffs. I reroll for free and i’m sure some of you don’t, because it’s damn time consuming. Half the time i have to reroll 40 times before i find a high food reward. Why can’t the devs and the people here can let us do something that hurts EXACTLY NO ONE.

re-rolling is. re-rolling for free isnt. the cost of re-roll is right there on the re-roll button ffs. or you are so smart to abuse an exploit to avoid that cost?

it is giving YOU an advantage, since according to your own words half the time you save close to 100k food on a raid attack by abusing an exploit.

4 Likes

Yes, the reroll was costing food some time ago. Like when I startet about 9 month ago, the reroll was costing food and it was based on your level of the stronghold.

That food cost part was removed several months ago, I don’t recall the exact date, but I discovered somewhere around the start of 2020 the the reroll cost was gone.

I walways thought that was a feature, kind of like a reward for “hey, you searched deeply in your list of revenges to find someone who is online, so here, have a reroll for free”…

Guess it was a bug after all…

Surely it hurts the person you’ve rolled 40 times to raid? Without this loophole, you wouldn’t have raided them, and they may have had more food and iron in their watchtower when they logged on

2 Likes

I think I’m the only person that just hits what is in front of them. I can’t remember when I last skipped an opponent on live game

2 Likes

Here an easy way to re-roll free:

Make a revenge from watch tower.

1 Like

I have to say that this was clearly a bug, why else would there be a cost to reroll through raids? If people dont want to spend ham then just hit the target in front of you.
I personally have stopped re rolling as I like to think I can have a crack at any team (my max team power is just under 4.1k so by no means do I have a top class team yet).