Please explain Mindless Attack to me

I pulled Merlin during the most recent event and have leveled him close to the point that I will be able to use him. But first I want to make sure I understand Mindless Attack. Is this correct?

1. When a hero who has been hit by Merlin’s Mindless Attack fires their special within the timing window, it will hit one of the heroes teammates or themself.

2. The odds it hits any one hero are 1/n where n is the number of living heroes on that side (that is, the hero to hit is chosen randomly).

3. Mindless Attack takes the place of whatever the affected heroes special is. So, if I hit Azlar and then he goes off, I should NOT expect him to wipe out his entire side with his special. Similarly, a healer will NOT cast heal, instead actually making an attack.

4. When a hero fires their special, that does NOT get rid of the Mindless Attack (it’s an ailment). If their mana gets filled again within the applicable number of turns, they would attack their team again.

Lastly, I was unable to find any information on this: what attack stats are used for Mindless Attack? Merlin’s, or the afflicted hero (the answer to that could change who it gets cast on, if two enemy heroes were both about to fire)?

1. Yes.
  2. I’m not sure, but yes. Obviously titans always hit themselves :grin:
  3. Enemies affected by Mindless Attack don’t use their specials. They just hit a teammate and loose all mana.
  4. Correct. Works very nice with combos.
    Lastly, the attack uses the stats of affected hero by Merlin’s skill

Note 1: I’m not sure, but think there a little chance of missing the target in that hit.

Note 2: Merlin is one of my favorites. Along with Proteus, they make an amazing mana control team fighting Guinevere for example, or Delilah.

3 Likes

To help clarify, the attack triggered by Mindless Attack is the same “slash attack” a hero makes when the timer over the little sword in the lower left corner of its icon clicks down to zero. It’s a straight single-target attack at 100%, modified by whatever buffs/ailments are on the target. What’s confusing is that the mana drops to zero, making it seem like it’s the special that is being cast.

BTW, it’s great fun to see this result when the afflicted hero has Wu’s buff on and the unfortunate target has a defense debuff. Merlin makes me LOL.

6 Likes

Cookie Settings