Please can you help an overwhelmed newbie?

Thank you for your advice, it is most welcome. I will look up your alliance when I’m back from my hols, to save joining up and then not being able to spend the time on the game. I’m looking for a friendly adult alliance, that I can stay with, and yours sounds like it is just right, with a bit of fun thrown in. Thanks again.

1 Like

Damn you play since 6 weeks and you have already a better roster than me ho play since 6 months lol

1 Like

Hi Zteev, thank you, and it’s great to hear I’m doing well with the heroes I already have. some really sound advice, and plenty to work with. I have the ascension materials already for Grimm to fully ascend, I held back as wasn’t sure it would be better to ascend Sonya, a lot of the threads didn’t rate Grimm, or Sonya either to be honest, mainly blue 4* heroes I don’t have. From all the great advice I have received I can put together some teams, I have 8 team spaces, use gems on hero capacity so I can level with 10 of same colour at a time and definitely join an alliance. I think I have enough heroes to stop doing the pulls now, and just save up the ones I get for free form missions etc. I do have the 30 day pack for the extra builder and 30 daily gems so will continue with that and I when I spend money, use it for those extra spaces! Thanks again.

Lol, I’m an inpatient Dudette. :slightly_smiling_face: I know this game needs plenty of patience but I wanted to give myself a quick start with some decent heroes to work with. I will definitely update you on how it’s going at the end of the month. My base is coming on really well, SH level 16 with decently levelled buildings. :slightly_smiling_face:

Alliance is key for doing well in this game. I do fairly well for my level and I contribute it to the alliances I have been in. It’s nice to have a structure and everyone fighting wars and titans- it’s all about the loot and filling chests. Your best to pick a group that reflects your goals. If it’s casual pick a solid fun group that’s casual. If you don’t mind spending a little pick a group that spends a little. If your dead as competitive and like smashing stuff get in a competitive guild. Anyhow, good luck!

1 Like

We have vacancies in our alliance "Global titan slayers’…a good place to learn with friendly teammates.

1 Like

Check out The Marley Army…we support newbies! Have Wiki for our members! You would grow tremendously while learning the game. Most of our high players were newbies like yourself!

1 Like

My advice here is stop leveling Training at 13, this TC13, we can stock food there.
And focus on SH to 20.

TC setup advice like this:
1st = TC11 (standby permanent)
2nd = TC13 (stock food)
3rd = TC2/TC1 (depend on sword/backpack)

And only research lvl 1,2,4,11,13,19 and 20. TC4 is a mini TC11.

For *3, consider this best heroes to keep.
Red: Rudolph, Squire Wabbit, Namahage, Hawkmoon, Nashgar, Azar
Blue: Gato, Valen, Ulmer, Gunnar
Green: Muggy, Belith, Brienne, Berden, Mnesseus, Hisan
Yellow: Bane, Gan Ju, Melia, Kailani
Purple: Balthazar, Tyrum, Chochin, Gill-Ra

*4 heroes, from left to right priority, project plan rainbow level, each colors focus one hero until 3.60 (will decide later who to ascend 1st). So if you get *1 red x10 at a time to *4 red, but if hero is stuburn, you can 1-5x at a times.
And if you get *2 red to *3 red. and so on… *3 skill is easy to up after maxed.
Later after your *4 at tier 4 level around 50-70, *2 go to your *4, or the skill is already max 8/8.
So in the long run, you have good variation bench *3 and *4 at the same times.

Red: Boldtusk, Falcon, Lancelot, Gormek, Scarlett
Blue: Grimm (ascend if you have mats), Sonya, Boril
Green: Melendor, Caedmon
Yellow: Wu Kong, Li, Chao, Hu
Purple: Proteus, Merlin, Sabina, Tiburtus

EDIT: Caedmon is added, I’m not seeing at 1st, Caedmon very good for sure, just like Sonya.

3 Likes

Perfect Dudette! I’d stash your coins and only focusing on a 3* and 4* team to raise yuor level and then being able to start earning bigger ascention items. Well done!

1 Like

I’m of the opinion level at least one 4 star team first, if you care about raids and doing well on titans, and then loop back and level some 3 stars so you can help you alliance in wars. 3 stars are virtually useless against titans of any size, and the gap between a 3 star and a 4 star is so significant that raiding will be very painful with just a 3 star team, and in wars you are just giving points away with a 3 star defense.

1 Like

Her team can carry titans for a couple weeks and raiding isn’t critical as long as you’re chest filling and Cup dropping / the resources come from war and from events/tourneys - the materials that will help ascend MORE 4 stars faster will be gained by developing 3stars first.

My suggestion is for the impatient player who wants to do the most efficient way to start getting heroes maxed.

1 Like

Totally disagree. a 4 star at tier 3 is far superior to a maxed 3 star. If you want to win, go 4 star teams.

1 Like

Strength isn’t relevant. Allowed entry in Rare events and Raid Tourney’s is. Those 4star heroes tend to fair poorly when they’re not allowed to play.

And leveling a three start team takes a week at most. Probably do a pair of teams in 5-10 days.

There’s no rational argument based on efficiency for ascension material accumulation that is in favour of the 4stars.

Now, there may be a FUN argument in favour, and there is certainly a vanity argument in favour of 4 stars.

But lowly 3 stars will do cleanup duty in 2-3 wars well before the 4stars will be ready; and they can claim rewards in events/tourneys too.

No one ever wants to level 3stars first. It’s always an afterthought. But all the guides say level 3 stars first. Wonder why all the guides get it wrong?

2 Likes

Playing with three stars is about zero fun. 3* events are even less fun. We are trying not to discourage new players. The people who wrote those guides I’m sure did it well after playing the game awhile. They are probably giggling about it.

1 Like

Again, disagree. I just did this on my alt. 4 stars to tier 3 takes more resources, but not much and mats isn’t an issue as no unfarmables. By the time I got them at T3 max, I had the mats to level to T4 (in fact at level 28 I have enough mats to level 2 rainbow 4 star teams), so I would argue mats isn’t the issue either. Again, at 3-60 a 4 star will smoke a max leveled 3 star, and can also reach 3-60 in not much more time.

Here is the difference, on a 8 star titan 3 star team lasted a few rounds, got maybe 3K damage in, often less. A 3-60 4 star team could make it to the end and put in 6K-10K. Say want you want, numbers are real.

1 Like

Rare Tourneys & events = more mats and 4stars are not allowed

3 stars will not get you through epic events. For tourneys its too soon to tell on mats…I keep ranking top 25% to top 1% and can’t say it is a mat bonanza as it stands right now - but the same argument holds - 3 stars will not win 4 star tourneys.

And as we all know - those 3 stars will be use very little after playing for 6 months…the 4 stars will be used for more than a year and a half.

1 Like

The three stars will continue to be used in the tourneys and the rare events.

And you just argued for doing the three stars after the four, so the suggestion they won’t be useful doesn’t make sense.

Anyway, we disagree. I’ve not yet scored below the top 1% in tourneys and my well developed 3* bench helped me out.

shrug

3 Likes

I love this question! I’m glad ya came to the forums to ask - welcome to the community! Learn lots and contribute even more as you learn (and encounter!) more yourself! :slight_smile:

I put together the Teams page of the wiki precisely to help with this situation - getting a newbie accustomed to the concept of team composition in E&P.

In essence, you can break teams down into three or four categories:

1. Questing on the map
  2. War Defense (maybe raid defense? Raid defense doesn’t really matter.)
  3. War/Raid Offense
  4. Titan Offense

Breaking these down:
1. Questing on the map

You want to prioritize long term health and team synergy. A general starting place would be: 1 healer, 1 +defense, 3x damage dealers (snipers or AoE - your preference). The elements of your team should counter the enemy boss, and ideally also counter at least one element of the basic enemies. I prefer a 3-2 composition, but due to regularly needing a second healer (on Hard), I often end up with 2-2-1. (See more on color stacking here.)

2. War Defense

Raid defense is rather irrelevant. You ideally want your B-team in raid defense so that you can continue to fill your Hero Wanted Chest with ease.

War Defense should be: (1) a rainbow squad, (2) have a tank in the middle, and (3) have Fast or Very Fast snipers on the far outside, and likely include one healer (maybe 2 to make Field Aid particularly frustrating).

3. War/Raid Offense

I generally run a 3-2, ideally with 3 of the element that best counters the enemy tank and 2 that counter one of the enemy flanks (hero immediately beside the tank). Having +def heroes on your offensive team feels very futile, but having Defense Down (such as Gormek) are awesome, especially if you can pair them with Guardian Falcon, thus providing both a basic Defense Debuff as well as an Elemental Debuff. (See Titan Offense section for more.)

4. Titan Offense

The priorities that you need in order to succeed against titans are the following:

i. Survive the encounter with at least one or two heroes alive.
ii. Stack as much of the titan’s countering element as possible (if they’re Fire, use all Ice heroes).
iii. Do as much tile damage as possible.
iv. Build as much synergy as possible to get Defense Down and Elemental Defense down.

A great example would be this 4* Fire team to counter a Nature titan:

1. Wilbur: +Defense & Spirit Link (also does Defense Down)
  2. Boldtusk: Heal & +Offense
  3. Guardian Falcon: Elemental Down
  4. Scarlet: Sniper
  5. Colen: AoE

… now, obviously, the fact that Colen is AoE (and slow mana) means that he’s less-than-ideal… but he’s probably better than a 3* sniper would be since he’ll survive longer and his tile damage is higher.

I have some titan teams that have no healer (stinks - hits range from 3,000 up to 30,000 depending on how well tiles align)… I also have some teams with two healers and no Elemental Down, or only Elemental Down and no Defense Down… but the one thing that I will never permit on my titan teams is to go in without a +Defense. You need a defense buff in order to survive the higher level titans.

Here’s a list of heroes with highly unique properties, including those that can provide that all-elusive Elemental Down Debuff: Uncommon and Unique Specials. Also of note: Wu Kong and Ranvir are amazing on nearly all color titans!

There ya go! There’s my advice on general team composition.

For your specific case, @Damara:

Fire: (1) Boldtusk, (2) Scarlet, (3) Sir Lancelot
Ice: (1) Sonya, (2) Isarnia
Nature: (1) Melendor, (2) Elkanen, (3) Caedmon
Dark: (1) Proteus, (2) Tiburtus, (3) Merlin?
Holy: (1) Chao, (2) Justice, (3) Inari

Your initial goal: Get 2 quality 4* heroes up to 3.60 (tier 3, level 60) ASAP for each elemental. Good luck and go get 'em!

6 Likes

Buenas noches amigo, tienes unos héroes bastante buenos. Yo te recomendaría que empezará a subirlos al máximo de uno en uno y de cada color empezando por los de 5*, he intentar formar los máximos equipos posibles, al menos hasta 6. Y otro consejo, aquí te dirán todo lo que tienes que saber sobre el juego. Suerte en el juego y Bienvenido al foro.

1 Like