Playing against the exactly same player in one tournament again

Hello,

Please see an evidence of this bug in the attached video. Playing against the exactly same player during one tournament is definitely something which can be easily avoided. It wasn’t fun for me, I believe it wasn’t much fun for him either. @Petri - If this can be corrected in a matching algorithm, it will be great. Thanks.

Nes

P.S. Sorry video upload is not authorised to be uploaded to this website. I am uploading still pictures instead.

Hiya!

Thanks for the post, unfortunately this isn’t a bug.

While it’s unlikely and rare to roll the same opponent in a tournament it is possible. Reason being that the mechanic matches you against the defence (opposition) who is most similarly matched to your current performance. It’s possible that there is still no better match OR that between your attacks/while you were attacking some other people attacked their defence, losing and thus bumping it up to the same performance level as you after your first win.

There have been a couple other threads about this in the past:

3 Likes

Since there are multiple other threads about this, and at least one is still open, I’m going to close this as a duplicate.