Players around the world

Happy New Year to you too and may RNGesus smile on your summons this year.

1 Like

Thank you are you one of the moderators for this chat line ?

No, just a player who hangs out here, apparently a lot :grin:

1 Like

Ok well I am in Lake City, PA, in USA where are you ?

Toronto Canada, more or less. A suburb called Mississauga.

1 Like

Happy New Year wherever you may be !!!

1 Like

Well I hope you have a good 2020 year !!

1 Like

I come form Belgium dude. :belgium::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi I hope you have fun playing Empire and puzzles. Good luck!!!

2 Likes

Howdy Neighbor!! Wait you aren’t the guy that keeps trying to connect to my WiFi? Are you @Zteev? :joy::joy:

2 Likes

LOL it would explain those connection losses in the middle of raids :rofl:

2 Likes

After reading that and of course hearing that name, I had to find it Lol. Apparently all that’s left these days is the church but I thought the background on how the ‘town’ got it’s name was hilarious!! People used to actually sit there and watch and bet on these bugs fighting over a ball of dung while waiting on the stagecoach. :joy::joy::joy::joy: That’s awesome-whenever you hear somebody talking about coming from B.F.E. you know, without a doubt, you’ve got them beat. :relaxed:

Oh my goodness! I know that story but never knew it was on the internet :rofl: The version I heard was it was my great (great??) uncle that gave the town its name after people were watching bugs scuffle in the dirt. Who really knows if that parts true. :woman_shrugging:

Yeah, the church/school is the only community building still standing. There used to be a post office/general store but that fell down about 40 years ago. I remember the shell of the building when I was a young child.

On Memorial Day and the 4th of July, they used to open up the church/schoolhouse and have a community potluck. Memorial Day made sense as there’s a big cemetery next to the building, but the 4th was a little odd…

Sadly, the buildings and history are about all gone. The line of The stagecoach route (Was a well-known route: The Butterfield Stagecoach route) has been moved to a more convenient location. People think they’re driving the historic route and they’re miles away from the little dirt road. The cabin Abraham Lincoln stayed in overnight has been reassembled at a historical site. The log cabins that were built by slaves before the civil war have all fallen down. There’s no longer any indication that battles were fought there during the civil war. So many new people have moved in that the unique southern dialect that was spoken has basically disappeared. And the still that my great-uncles thought they could make some $$ off of is gone… But that’s completely due to my Grandmother and that’s a story for a different time :rofl:

1 Like

Omg, thank you for those xtra tidbits of info!! I find obscure things like that fascinating for some reason. I just typed in Bugscuffle Arkansas and a bunch of stuff came up but I think it was arkansasroadstories.com that gave a little story about it. Being what and as it is, I should tell my Pops to check it out someday with his state of the art metal detector!! Lol
You have one of those backgrounds/histories that is more and more intriguing the deeper you dig, imo. I guess everyone’s can be, viewed in the right light, but for some reason I have always found the small town family histories to be the most interesting and meaningful insights into our past. I mean collectively if you have heard, in detail, enough of them from all walks of life you can can put together a much more honest version of the history of this country. Wow I’m really going off track here, sorry!!! :blush:

1 Like

Since I add srarted this post about players around the world, I would like to wish everyone a “Happy Valentine’s Day”. Please keep sharing love to those around you.
Also good luck playing Empire and Puzzles!

4 Likes

Waves to everyone from the south coast of England. UK :wave:

2 Likes

Hi @jaqtkd from England, UK. I live in Lake City, PA in USA

2 Likes

came from the Philippines. started playing when I lived in France. moved to Netherlands soon after.

Cape Town. South Africa

1 Like

I’m from Kalamazoo, MI.

1 Like