Player bound Special Skills

This post is a result of a request from @Tough_E_Nough.

In short the thread is about a person bound skill called Devastate, which gives the next advantages to the user:

• Decrease the health of a Titan by 25% or Enemy Heroes by 75%
  • Recover 100% health for all heroes
  • All heroes get +65% defense & share received damage with all their allies for 5 turns. This effect Can’t be dispelled.

For requirements, restrictions and other information about this idea I suggest you to read the thread yourself: A Special Skill for Players (not heroes) called Devastate.

I do not support his first idea. I agree with the posts about the unbalancing act this skill has by making powerful players even stronger. I replied on his idea and presented my idea to change it into a beneficial skill for the user his/her entire alliance.

In most RPG games a special skill or temporary skills exists in order to provide the user with a small to major temporary advantage. Often this influences the party or group the player is with as well.

The idea is not to give a huge advantage, but an advantage which contributes to accelerating process in your game. Loyalty is the key-argument for these effects. I will limit the advantages of the PSS’s strictly to the users, but they can have an indirect benefit for the alliance members of the users.

A while ago I started this thread Business Model SG. I wrote about combining avatars with special effects (not my idea, credits given in that thread). This is a bit similar, but implemented and used differently. All values can of course be adjusted if it seems to be unbalanced.

Player Special Skills?

A Player Special Skill (PSS) is an effect that provides advantages for the user and indirectly somtimes for other alliance members.

A PSS can be obtained by meeting the requirements. Perhaps these requirements can be implemented as achievements. The necessary requirements depend on the strength of the effect. Activating a PSS does not require any costs. There are multiple categories for PSS. Only one PSS from every category can be activated at the same time. Questionable aspects (along with my answers) are:

- Will PSS’s stack? - No
- Can multiple PSS’s be active at the same time? - No
- Do PSS’s have a limited duration? - Yes
- Will a PSS have a cooldown-timer? Yes
- Is a payment (whatsoever) required in order to activate PSS? - No

Now let’s be creative and think of possible effects. I will start with the original idea and adjust it to my liking.

Titan category

The previous weaker PSS will be replaced automatically after you meet the requirements of the next stronger PSS in this category.

#1 Devastate
A button found on your fight screen during Titan battles. Lasts for 1 fight (flag).

—Effects—

• Decrease the health of a Titan by 3% of it’s total amount of HP
  • The titan will not attack for the entire fight
  • All heroes gain 100% mana instantly

—Restrictions—

• Can only be used by a player once every 96 hours, shares cooldown with PSS “Diminish”, “Allegiance” and “Companionate”.

—Requirements—

• Have at least 10 maxed 5* heroes
  • Have at least 30 maxed 4* heroes
  • Defeated at least 500 titans in total
  • The skill can only be used if the user has been in his/her current alliance for at least 120 days

#2 Diminish
A button found on your fight screen during Titan battles. Lasts for 1 fight (flag).

—Effects—

• Decrease the health of a Titan by 2% of it’s total amount of HP
  • The next titan attack will be delayed for 8 turns
  • All heroes gain 100% HP & mana instantly

—Restrictions—

• Can only be used by a player once every 96 hours, shares cooldown with PSS “Devastate”, “Allegiance” and “Companionate”.

—Requirements—

• Have atleast 5 maxed 5* heroes
  • Have at least 30 maxed 4* heroes
  • Defeated at least 400 titans in total
  • The skill can only be used if the user has been in his/her current alliance for at least 90 days

#3 Allegiance

—Effects—

• Decrease the health of a Titan by 1% of it’s total amount of HP
  • The next titan attack will be delayed for 6 turns

—Restrictions—

• Can only be used by a player once every 96 hours, shares cooldown with PSS “Devastate”, “Diminish” and “Companionate”.

—Requirements—

• Have atleast 3 maxed 5* heroes
  • Have at least 20 maxed 4* heroes
  • Defeated at least 300 titans in total
  • The skill can only be used if the user has been in his/her current alliance for at least 60 days

#4 Companionate

—Effects—

• Decrease the health of a Titan by 0,5% of it’s total amount of HP
  • The next titan attack will be delayed for 4 turns

—Restrictions—

• Can only be used by a player once every 96 hours, shares cooldown with PSS “Devastate”, “Diminish” and “Allegiance”.

—Requirements—

• Have atleast 1 maxed 5* heroes
  • Have at least 15 maxed 4* heroes
  • Defeated at least 200 titans in total
  • The skill can only be used if the user has been in his/her current alliance for at least 60 days

Player Progress category

A menu on your base screen allows access to your collection of PSS’s in this category.

#5 Thrive
—Effects—

• Increase the experience points gained by 20% from map levels
  • Doubles the items obtained as reward for map levels

—Restrictions—

• Can only be used by a player once every 96 hours
  • Lasts for 3 hours

—Requirements—

• Have a player level of at least 20
  • Have at least 1 maxed 4* hero

#6 Hasten
—Effects—

• Accelerate the crafting of combat items in your forges by -25%
  • 33% chance of receiving a bonus item while crafting combat items in your forges, applies on every attempt

—Restrictions—

• Lasts for 6 hours

—Requirements—

• Have at least crafted 300 battle items

#7 Blessing
—Effects—

• 25% chance of receiving a bonus hero while training heroes in your training camps (yes for all training levels; HOTM system)

—Restrictions—

• Lasts for 48 hours

—Requirements—

• Have atleast 1 maxed 4* heroes

#8 Rise
—Effects—

• 15% chance of receiving a bonus 3*/4* ascension item while opening chests

—Restrictions—

• Lasts for 24 hours

—Requirements—

• Have atleast 2 maxed 4* heroes

A lot more has to be considered, but I just wanted to share my thoughts as requested. Hope it’s useful in some way. :wave:

Cookie Settings