Player benched list

we keep talking about needing buffs or changes for heroes in hundreds of threads and its possible part of the reason we don’t see some of the changes is because its lost under tons of other post.

So, lets make a clear list of heroes who are collecting dust or rarely get pulled out here. Brief Information why might be beneficial for another compiled list on what would make the heroes worth playing again. To keep things simple, please don’t debate a players choice. Advice is ok though.

(If there already a player list, I can’t find it and his can be closed)

So for instance:

• Myztero - only good vs aoe debuff teams
  • Quintus - slow mana, better options including 4* purples
2 Likes

For me, those still on the bench that I have sat at 1/1 include:

5* Khagan
5* Horghall
4* Agwe
4* Gobbler

1 Like

I’ve got a few benchwarmers, mainly the slow mana ones. Azlar, Horghall, Elena, Quintus, Justice. When I started playing, before Rush Tournaments, I didn’t see the value in leveling or maxing a slow hero with how limited 4* ascension mats are. Now with tourneys and upcoming war rules changes, I am somewhat regretting that choice.

Now leveling Raffaele. Debating which average speed to level next as I have focused on fast and v. fast heroes.

I have Myztero and Mok-Arr, and will level these. As I already have a decent bench of utility heroes, I’ve decided to make a killer purple team and have some more fun with it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perseus
Agwe
Ameonna
Stonecleave
Horghall

The following as well, which can be corrected with costumes:
Khagan
Gormek
Chao

3 Likes

Guardian Owl

Also I haven’t touched Quintus, but I think his costume, like a lot of S1 heroes, makes him not bad, so I’m not sure he needs an additional buff. Don’t have his costume, but he might be useful for Rush War and tourneys anyway

4* I haven’t touched: Agwe, Sumitomo, Ameonna.

With the addition of Rush Attack war, the slow heroes should become somewhat more relevant.

2 Likes

In the spirit of the season I’ll also throw Vlad’s hat into the ring. He’s a disaster.

Takes up a roster spot for the collection, only because of his limited availability. If he were an S1 3* he’d be fed quicker than Prisca or Dawa.

4 Likes

My benched maxed 5* heroes are:

:black_small_square:︎ Ares - obtained as a featured past HOTM in Atlantis and made regular raid tank since sometime in the 3rd quarter of 2018. Stripped of emblems and sidelined when I got Telluria as a free draw in some free pulls in early March during Atlantis Rising. Not seeing anymore action, not even for Class Quests or Legends Quests.

:black_small_square:︎Grazul - also obtained as a lucky draw on her month of release as HOTM and greatly used against Telluria-tanked teams to nullify her mana regen ailment and Vela and GM’s DoTs. Gaining dust around the corner after the 1st Telly nerf in favor of highly-emblemed Boldtusk, who may revive for the needed heal if his talent kicks in and I can fire him in 9 tiles.

:black_small_square:︎Jean Francois - stoked getting him because of the hype prior to release as a free draw on some free pull, I maxed this hero to support and nullify my Master Lepus’ self-ailment. Used him only once or twice as part of my second monoread team.

:black_small_square:︎ Domita - my first dark legendary, both original and costume version maxed and emblemed to +4. I HAD 5 of her but refused to ascend a 2nd one despite of the availability of her costume. Not seeing action because of the recently acquired and maxed Clarissa and Guardian Panther. Maybe in my second monopurple in wars against yellow tanks… maybe when the new war modifiers finally kick in live.

:black_small_square:︎ Sartana - my 4th dark legendary acquired and maxed. No costume but with same predicament as with my Domitia. Maybe when I get her costume.

:black_small_square:︎ Rana - obtained her last year but only maxed her this year after seeing Roc when released in the live game. Maybe she will see action as part of my 2nd monoyellow team after maxing 2nd Guardian Gazelle and 2nd Joon with costume.

:black_small_square:︎ 2nd Gravemaker - obtained from the 1st Tavern and proceeded to max him bit never yet used him, planning to be with my first emblemed GM and Grazul, all three at very fast mana, to be accompanied with 2nd BT, 2nd Wilbur and/or 2nd Falcon, all epics maxed but lacking emblems.

:black_small_square:︎ 3/70 Vivica - once my only healer in my monoyellow, she was benched since I acquired Lady Woolerton and Gullinbusti, epic holy healers far easier to obtain and max. Will only see action IF I get her costume as her defense down is something I wont ignore as I don’t have fast White Rabbit. Her costume will also make me make her fire as average mana regenerating hero.

:black_small_square:︎ 3/70 Richard - my 1st ever 5* hero, he has been with me through thick and thin in 2018 when I was still a fledgling and struggling player. Scopes have bypassed him in favor of Athena, Frida, Ariel, Master Lepus, Snow White, Vela and Miki in that order. Next set of scopes goes to my 1st 3/70 Magni or Finley, if I get the latter. I think he feels betrayed by me.

:black_small_square:︎ 3/70 Gregorion - my second or third legendary hero (forgot which came first, Greg or Drake) obtained thru free pulls on the month of release as HOTM (I was F2P then before Atlantis came, making me a C2P). Also with Richard, Drake and maybe Tiburtus or Sabina through thick and thin when I was still using rainbow teams in maps and quests, including offensive raiding when I havent learned stacking yet that time.

I also have several other 3/70 legendaries and maxed epics and rares and their dupes and costumes who I barely use nowadays, including 1st G.Jackal+20, 2nd Jackal+19, 3rd Jackal maxed but unemblemed, etc. and may only see action sometimes during challenge events, raid tourneys and sometimes against titans.

5 Likes

Myztero
Hofghal
quintus
sumle
sonya
chao
lilxiu
noor
sumitomo
ameonna
cheshire cat - somehow worse than myztero
colen
hu tao

I don’t get how Myztero is considered a “benched” hero. I’m pretty sure people still use DoT and status effect heroes on defense like Vela, GM, JF, etc. I think he’s a pretty versatile hero at very fast speed and able to throw back almost any status ailment. He just needs good timing and a cleanser to pair with him.

4 Likes

You would have go looking for the right defense to fight using myztero. People have already posted in other threads the need for attention on other heroes before working on him as a novelty; plus few other have listed him here as well…

I dont think you necessarily have to use him on a mono red team. Imo VF heroes are also good as the 1 in a 4-1. Or on 3-2. But I’m guessing your war teams are all mono? Who’s on your 6th war team if not 2nd GM?

I understand that tonics might be prioritized for other green heroes but Greg makes the dream team for blue titans. Evelyn, Frigg, Ratatoskr, Greg, Tarlak. I’d probably use him on blue titans even at 3/70. Maybe G.Chameleon could replace Greg in that line up? But I think chameleon’s color change might not be good for titans.

1 Like

I think Myztero is still at least somewhat useful offensively in wars against any defense that gives status ailments. Pretty much every defense has heroes who give status effects. Even if people move away from Telly and Vela, you still see the likes of GM, Jabberwock, White Rabbit, C.Magni, Finley, Frigg, etc

You are correct. I can use GM in my rainbow team, right?

I agree.

Spot on !!

Oh, it may be my second monogreen or second monopurple or second monoyellow teams. Sometimes, I use my mono[insert color here] even if it is composed of heroes of the same element weak against the enemy tank. I am close to finishing my planned 3rd monored team, just trying to max my 2nd Mitsuko as she is vital against those Velas, Finleys and other ice legendaries accompanying Telly tanks. It’s just a matter of time when my Ares, Grazul, Jean Francois and 2nd GM seeing action once more. Heck, they themselves can build up one monored team as I can throw in an extra epic fire hero with the likes of 3rd Wilbur or 3rd Falcon. I don’t like their synergy but maybe they can work. Let me try them on the next war. Hope the enemy is using green tanks. Still have 18 rings (+1 still from the current Umber quest) in anticipation of Gefjon, Reuben or some other nice fire hero from future portals.

I agree. I have 14 in my inventory. I have 3/70 Kadilen and will only ascend her if I got lucky in the Masquerade Quest. I also have her twin, Elkanen at 3/70. My other 3/70 nature legendary heroes are Atomos, G.Chameleon, 2nd Evelyn, and including the aforementioned Greg. I do fine against blue titans, thank you very much. Miki, Eve, Lianna and Buddy doing their share.

Tried getting Frigg when she first appeared. Alas, no dice. I have also tried several times snagging me a Tarlak. Same luck with Frigg.

Nope. G.Cham will just mess up the titan element. That lizard is one tricky hero to use, I admit. I don’t have time yet to play with him much for me to formulate a team around him.

@B1gHeadAss

Thanks for your insights, man. I appreciate it.

3 Likes

Permanently Benched

5*

(For me, personally)

• Khagan
  • Elena
  • Azlar
  • Noor
  • Red Hood
  • Queen of Hearts
  • Ares
  • Natalya
  • Jean-François
  • Aegir
  • Isarnia
  • Thorne
  • Fenrir
  • Margaret
  • Horghall
  • Zocc
  • Atomos
  • Elkanen
  • Kadilen
  • Justice
  • Neith
  • Ranvir
  • Musashi
  • Guinevere
  • Inari
  • Vivica
  • Bai-Yeong
  • Quintus
  • Mok-Arr
  • Thoth-Amun
  • Boss Wolf
  • Khiona
  • Domitia
  • Obakan

(Don’t have, but assume)

• C. Elena
  • Baldur
  • Captain Kestrel
  • Santa Claus
  • Richard
  • Perseus
  • C. Richard
  • Raffaele
  • Rumpelstiltskin
  • Guardian Chameleon
  • C. Horghall
  • Gregorion
  • Yunan
  • Guardian Owl
  • Sir Roostley
  • Norns
  • Leonidas
  • Rana
  • Roc
  • Sargasso
  • Grimble
  • Myztero
  • Aeron
  • Zulag
  • Victor

4*

• Sumitomo
  • Shadereave
  • Kelile
  • Sir Lancelot
  • Gormek
  • Agwe
  • Mireweave
  • Jott
  • Captain of Diamonds
  • Boril
  • C. Boril
  • Valeria
  • Gobbler
  • Kashhrek
  • Jack O’Hare
  • Gadeirus
  • Skittleskull
  • C. Skittleskull
  • C. Little John
  • Hu Tao
  • Li Xiu
  • C. Li Xiu
  • Danzaburo
  • Cyprian
  • Stonecleave
  • Jabbar
  • Ameonna
  • Cheshire Cat
  • Boomer
  • Merlin

3*

• Jahangir
  • Jarvur
  • Graymane
  • Vodnik
  • Friar Tuck
  • Isshtak
  • By-Ulf
  • Dawa
  • Vlad
  • Prisca
  • C. Prisca
  • Renfeld
  • Oberon
  • An-Windr

Wow.

My curiosity is peaked who isn’t benched!

• Ranvir
  • Khagan
  • Aeron
  • Obakan
  • Thorne

Pretty much all slow heroes. It takes great effort for me to not feed Ranvir away

1 Like

Wow too. Are these maxed, @RandaPandah?

1 Like

If you mean a bench hero as 1/1 hero, then I don’t really have any non-dupe ones anymore. I actually maxed at least 1 copy of every 3* and 4* I acquired, cause I didn’t have anything better to level, cause I basically drown in 3* mats (currently have over 70-100 in every type) and I basically had nothing new to level up except duplicates or rarely used heroes.

With 5* it’s different as I refuse to max some. I have G.Owl, Justice, Quintus, Horghall, Thorne and 2nd Domitia at 3/70 probably forever. I really have no idea why I bothered wasting feeders on 2nd Domitia, but it doesn’t really matter as I wasted many feeders :laughing:. Also my only missing S1 hero of mine Obakan will not see 4* mats ever.
And I highly regret wasting 4* mats on Khagan…

3* and 4* I rarely use -
3* - S1 - Dawa, Graymane, Gan Ju, Oberon, Nashgar (most S1 3* already have their costumes, which made them overall a lot more useful, the ones mentioned have to be saved by a good costume as they still miss one in a game)
S2 - Muggy, Chochin
Seasonal Event - Vlad (very meeeh for event 3*…)
4* - S1 - Kashhrek, Skittleskull, Little John, Boril, Colen, Cyprian, Hu Tao.
Kelile, Gormek, Sabina, Chao and Scarlett are not too bad 4* heroes, but they need a good costume to become more useful, the other ones I mentioned are lost causes for me.
S2 - Danzaburo, Ameonna, Sumitomo, Gobbler (they are overall just very useless 4*)
Event - Merlin (he got totally replaced by Proteus on every aspect)

I based this info of my own roster, not in general. I don’t own every 3* and 4* and I’ll never own every 5* in the game, but I’m sure there are some other very useless heroes I might get in the future :laughing:.

That’s an, umm, extensive list! Jeez, you got more bench warmers than I had maxed anythings! :open_mouth::hushed::astonished:

Ameona not seeing much love on this thread. I used to find her great fun to use and the amount of times the AI would target her when Ghosted was incredible. She soaks up so much punishment for the rest of the lineup, I found her very usable indeed.

1 Like

Oh my… wow. You own all those benched heroes? :open_mouth:
I love my QoH, Aegir, Isarnia, Kadilen, Gregorion, Aeron, Mok, Vivica and Inari though, but my 5* roster might be like 1/20 of yours :smile:

1 Like

That’s brutal LOL! Your active roster must be insane. I hope some of those in the list can come off the bench sometime soon.

For me personally:

• Khagan, Elena, Azlar have use in rush attack tournament and upcoming VF war, especially if we see Heimdall tanks. Elena and Azlar also good for tile dmg esp if you have costume.

• QoH: effective when paired with Puss in Boots, esp if lvl23+ mana troop on both

• Ares: past his prime but can still tank decently in 5* no blue buff booster tournament if you don’t have BK

• JF: useful in Buff booster

• Isarnia: Still useful in rush attack tournament

• Fenrir: decent in war/raids when paired with other snipers and def down hero like C.Magni

• Musashi: high tile dmg fast speed yellow that pairs well with White Rabbit and Drake

• Mok-Arr: heavy AOE when used with mono purple team (C.Rigard, C.Tibs). Will be useful in VF war as well

• Kestrel: one of the few hit-3 red heroes. Has use in war vs green tanks and also for challenge events

• Santa Claus: can tank in no blue rush attack tournament and potentially useful in VF war

• Raffaele: awesome healer in rush attack tournament and will be good in VF war

• Gregorion: part of dream blue titan team w/ Evelyn, Frigg, Ratatoskr, and Tarlak

Wont mention every one on the list but basically all slow heroes will potentially come off the bench for VF war.

• Sir Lancelot: essential in mono red team for pushing in Epic mode on Challenge events

• Jott: useful for pushing on mono blue team in Epic mode on Challenge events. Also great on rush attack

• C.Skittleskull: really high attack for a 4* and useful for rush attack

• C.Li Xiu: useful in rush attack tournament and can tank in no purple 4* tournament

• Cheshire Cat: essential on yellow titans to give def down

• Jahangir still has use in 3* VF tournament, both defensively and offensively.

• Vodnik is a decent blue 3* offensively in 3* Bloody battle tournament.

• Costume Friar Tuck has some utility in 3* Buff booster tournament.

• Isshtak+CB is good to pair with C.Brienne on mono green Rare challenge event team.

1 Like

Cookie Settings