[Play style] Recruit (RT4/ RT11) & Food (RT13/ RT20) Hoards- Updated 4-14

Subject
[Play Style] Recruit (RT4/ RT11) & Food (RT13/ RT20) Hoards- Updated 4-14

Hoarding
There are many play styles. My wife spends her resources as soon as she gets them. I like to experiment with game mechanics. So I keep a hoard of food and recruits. Example: I just spent 2.58 million food ,from my hoard of 7.75 million food, to experiment with the barracks.

I am playing the long game, trying to get as much value out of each recruit I get and every 1k food I use.

Recruit training levels needed for hoarding
In empires, you can use training camps to hoard recruits (recruit training level 4/11 or RT4/ RT11) and to hoard food (recruit training level 13/ 20 or RT13/ RT20).

To hoard recruits, the only training camps you will use are recruit training level 1, common (RT1), recruit training level 4, low cost (RT4) and recruit training level 11, extra low cost (RT11).

To hoard food, the only training camps you will use are recruit training level 13, elite (RT13) and recruit training level 20, legendary (RT20).

All other training levels (2- 3, 5- 10, 12, 14- 19) will be ignored. Do not waste food researching them.

Personal opinion: This would be different if elemental recruit training (5- 9) had a 3.2075% chance of 4* and advanced elemental recruit training (14- 18) had a 35.3535% chance of 4*, 3.5353% chance of 5*.

Note: In this guide, recruit training (RT) refers to how you are training the heroes (example: extra low cost is RT11), training camp (TC) refers to the building level, and therefore the maximum RT available at that camp.

Why training camps can hoard recruits and food
Unlike forges, training camps take hours, and days, to produce heroes. While you are waiting for the heroes, you can remove heroes from the queue, using the minus button, and in the process recover the food and recruits you used to train the heroes.

Adding, and removing, recruits from a training camp lets you store thousands of recruits in a training camp.

Note: You must have enough empty food AND recruit storage to remove a hero from the queue. If not you will lose ALL resources. Example: RT13 requires 265k food and 70 recruits. if you do not have enough empty food and recruit storage for 265k food and 70 recruits, removing them from the training camp will cause you to lose 265k food and 70 recruits. If you need room in food storage, you can reroll raid opponents or craft battle items (Note 1).

Edit: You can also empty food storage by leveling team heroes ( see hoarding finished heroes below). Once you have legendary training up and running you also can make room in food storage by leveling troops ( yes I hoard troop loot drops until I can raise my team troops a full level ).

Yes this can be a very labor intense process. When I moved 3000 recruits from RT4 to RT 11, I needed to press the minus button on RT4 over 750 times in batches of 17 (68 recruits due to the size of my recruit storage).

==Using RT4 to Hoard recruits==
Low cost training costs Food 1.5k and Recruits 4. Because it takes 3 hour to train a hero ( 1* 50% 2* 50% ) any recruits you farm above 32 per day, are held in the training camp until tomorrow. Since it produces 8 heroes per day, you also earn 2,592 XP per day at 216 XP per 1k food and 81 XP per 1 recruit.

Food needed for RT11
Since low cost RT4 requires 1.5k food per 4 recruits, but extra low cost RT11 requires 2k food per 4 recruits, I also needed to earn 375k food to move my 3000 recruits from low cost RT4 to extra low cost RT11.

Why store recruits in RT11
Extra low cost RT 11 requires the least amount of food per recruit (0.5k) letting you cheaply store recruits.

Extra low cost RT11 consumes 24 recruits / day, compared to low cost RT4 consuming 32 recruits per day. So 96 recruits will last 4 days in extra low cost RT11 but only 3 days in low cost RT4.

As an added bonus, during each day, extra low cost RT11 will produce 12 heroes (1*- 2*), while low cost RT4 will only produce 8 heroes (1*- 2*) or 50% more heroes per day for leveling and 33% more storage time.

Edit 4-12
==alliance chat ==
3 camps running low cost, gives you 3 heroes per 3 hours or 1 per hour or 12x 1* & 12x 2* per day and uses 96 recruits/ day about 33 World Energy/ day in area 8-7.

3 camps running extra low cost gives you 3 heroes per 2 hours or 1 per 40 minutes or 18x 1* & 18x 2* per day and uses 72 recruits/ day about 24 World Energy/ day in area 8-7.

==Original Post==
Food needed for RT13
Since elite RT13 requires 265k food per 70 recruits but extra low cost RT11 requires 35k food, you will need to earn 230k food to move 70 recruits from extra low cost RT11 to elite RT13.

How to recover food from RT13
Remove a hero from elite RT13, and put the 70 recruits into extra low cost RT11. Since it only takes 35k food to put 70 recruits into RT11, you will be left with 230k food.

Switching recruits from extra low cost RT11 to elite RT13, and back, lets you hoard millions in food, and remove food from your hoard at any time.

Food buffer
If you only run one camp at elite RT13, and one camp at extra low cost RT11, then you can build up a recruit and food buffer to use immediately upon getting legendary RT20.

Latest Update: With my stronghold at 16, I currently have 1957 heroes in queue @RT11 and 36 heroes in queue @RT13 for a total of 6,434 recruits in storage and 11.461 million food in storage.

March 6 Update: I started Legendary training and immediately had 130 in queue @RT20.

Why store food in RT20
Legenary RT20 is better than elite RT13 for storing food. The disadvantage is RT20 consumes more recruits and more food per day, so the storage time is shorter. But the humongous advantage with RT20 is less 3* heroes produced. Since you have so many ways of getting 3* heroes (Epic token, RT13, RT20, rare result from daily summon/ summon token) the extra food and recruits lost is a good trade off.

Running one RT20
Update:
Have been running Legendary training for about a month now, and my priority has changed. I PERSONALLY prefer running one legendary training ( RT20 ) but it is for the following reasons:

==Food storage==
Because legendary training consumes 50 recruits per day, If I only run one, I can store, and remove, more food for a longer period of time.

Between leveling 3* and 4* troops ( Epic Troop tokens ) and leveling 4* heroes ( Epic Hero tokens, 4* blue Kiril- not Girl you silly auto correct- from elite training, 4* blue Grimm the 2nd & 4* green Melendor the 2nd from legendary training ), I can consume 2- 5 million food in a single hour.

Gryphonkit, my wife, keeps losing food from loot drops because her storage is full. She likes using extra fast training ( 1* heroes extremely quickly ) so she cannot use legendary training to store food. I currently have 29.8 million food in storage, but I could store an additional 15.3 million.

=hoarding troop loot drops==

I got the 3* purple defense troop I wanted for my 4* purple Rigard from an Epic Troop token, so I was able to use hoarded food ( legendary training RT20 ) and hoarded troop loot drops ( THANK YOU THANK YOU devs for the ability to favorite troops ) to raise them from level 1 to level 10 in an hour.

==War/ Titans==

Because of war/ titans I have been leveling a second 4* team ( 4* blue Kiril, 4* green Peters, 4* red Boldtusk, 4* yellow Wu Kong the 2nd- lots of fun two fisting Wu Kong versus 5* purple titans, Gambler’s Stance all the time ) and when that is done, I have another team of 4* ready to level.

One legendary training gives you one 3* hero every 66 hours ( ( 1 / 0.75 ) * 48 hours ) or 283.5 XP per day. One extra low cost training gives you 12 heroes per day ( 1* 50% 2* 50% ) or 3888 XP per day roughly x13.7 XP compared to legendary training while using 24 recruits per day versus legendary training 50 recruits per day.

This means that three extra low cost training give me the most XP per day ( 11,664 XP ), while one legendary training gives me the food hoard to use the heroes from extra low cost training.

==hoarding finished heroes and troop loot drops==

Warning there is a bug with this, please read the full post ( use at your own risk ):

After getting one training camp to legendary training ( RT20 ), I then leveled my fourth training camp to extra low cost training, giving me three camps that could run extra low cost training ( two at level 11 and one at level 13 ). I then filled the two empty camps with 30 days of extra low cost training. And hoarded finished heroes.

March 20
When I pulled 4* red Boldtusk from elemental summons x1 ( and failed to get HotM which is why I was hoarding finished heroes ), I decided to level Boldtusk and the 4* blue Kiril I already had from elite training. I was immediately able to use 100+ blue heroes to level Kiril and 100+ red heroes to level Boldtusk.

Original Post

==Update 4-14==
I am setting a food hoard target of 100 legendary training in my camp “Bravo”. This gives me a hoard of 24.7m food, that lasts 6.45 months. Keeping the hoard topped off takes 6 auto play ( in stage 8-7 ) per day and 3 hours of world energy recharge.

Excess recruits will be hoarded in extra low cost training in camp “Alpha”. Camp “Charlie” and camp “Delta” will run extra low cost training or be taken off line to upgrade to extra fast training ( useful for 1* heroes - the best for raising a hero’s skill roll ).

I have a decent roster of 4* heroes, so legendary training is mostly a food hoard. I am running out of things to spend food on until I get more ascension items.

My base currently has:
farms 19 x1, 18 x8
food storage 16 x3, 15 x1

mines 19 x1, 18 x3
iron storage 18 x5

Data
297k food for legendary training - 50k food for 100 recruits in extra low cost training = 247k food stored per legendary training

22.9m food = 93 legendary training x 247k or 6 months until training finished
24.7m food = 100 legendary training x 247k or 6.45 months until training finished

50 recruits/ day = 6 x stage 8-7 = 18 World Energy = 3 hours of World Energy recharge
==End of Update==

If you only run one camp at legendary RT20, then you will stretch out the time you generate 3*, 4* and 5* heroes. If the Devs add new heroes to the training camp pool (example: Khagan, Dominita, Friar Tuck, etc.) you will already have a hoard of heroes in queue at legendary RT20 to take advantage of this change. If you immediately run three camps at RT20, you may consume all your recruits before a really good hero is added by the Devs (Hint: more healers for 3* and 4*).

This pool is different form the Devs adding heroes from new pools for event summons ( Pirates, Guardians, etc. ), or HotM, all of which cannot be produced in a training camp.

Elemental summons just use a special version of the legendary training pool, with a chance for HotM. It would be nice if the Devs revamped the color specific summons in the training camp, since few people use them.

Note 1)
In my first draft of this topic, I forgot to suggest ways to empty food storage. I usually use rerolling raid opponents, since I am hoarding ingredients also, but some of my alliance fellows like to crafts battle items. While searching the forums for similar topics, Talisax reminded me of my oversite.

If you hoard finished heroes, you can also level team heroes to empty food storage and if you hoard troop loot drops, you can also level team troops.

28 Likes

Posted from my smartphone

=begin quote from alliance chat =

When you get training camp up to 13 (unlocks Elite training), if are using it to hoard food (see forums) get Food storage at 10-10-10 so you have enough room to remove food, and recruits, for tier 4 ascensions.

As a bonus, Wanted missions (chest), and Titan loot, appears to be based on max food storage and max iron storage so all food storage at 10 should increase your food rewards from those.

Additionally, you can temporarily (minutes at a time) store extra food in a forge if you have enough ingredients.

==end quote==

This doesn’t work for me. With plenty of room for all materials if I hit minus I lose all resources. To be fair it tells me I will, but what am I doing wrong?

Do you also have room for the recruits? You must have space for both the food and the recruits.

2 Likes

Yes. I’ve tested it by starting and almost immediately hitting the minus, and there is plenty of room for everything.

If you are trying to remove the training that is currently in progress you are not refunded.

Only the trainings that havent started yet can be refunded.

4 Likes

Ohhhhh - that makes sense. Thank you!

Subject
Storing finished heroes in training camps

==begin alliance chat quote=
The forums claim you can use your training camp to store finished heroes. Set up 1- 4 training camps with extra low cost training half way through the month, then do not touch them until the following month. The following month, if you get the Hero of the Month, empty your training camps of finished heroes & feed them to your new hero for one day leveling of the Hero of the Month.

This won’t work for me because I don’t have the ascension items, and I use one camp to store food & one to store recruits. Rumors have it, all Lvl 20 farms help with the food issue.

I am going to try putting recruits in a training camp without taking finished heroes out by tapping on the building and not the finished item pop up.

If your careful you can add recruits without collecting the finished heroes. Probably easier on a tablet’s bigger screen.

==end chat quote==

3 Likes

OMG I am having so much fun hoarding my finished heroes (Note 1). It is very disappointing to get a finished hero from elite training and not like them. Currently I am collecting my finished heroes ever 8 days. First I collect my 4 elite training finished heroes. Sometimes I get a pleasant surprise, other times I get nothing.

Second I collect all my extra low cost training finished heroes. It is like my BIRTHDAY. I get 96+ finished 1* and 2* heroes to level my hero teams.

This also means I have a better shot at raising at least one hero’s special skill, which is always a cause for celebration.

I ended up moving my training camps to the lower right corner of my map so I don’t accidently click on the pop up and collect my finished heroes.

Note 1)

1 Like

Updated

Two days left on researching Legendary training.

I have burned a lot of recruits to build teams for the Challenge events. I have consumed a lot of food to raise my favorite 4* blue and 4* green troops.

16,614 recruits in hoard, 31.97 million food.

Isn’t the hero pool of TC20 the same like the one from Epic hero summons?

Great advice in this thread! Thank you!

I gladly took the advice to use TC11 as a “savings account” for recruits. And made a withdrawal yesterday to make 1* feeder heroes in order to futher level a few more healers for AW, fast. Works like a charm! Thank you!

Technically no, since HotM cannot be summoned.

However, this remark is aimed at Event summons, let me edit it.

Looks like the post got time locked.

@Rook - can you edit the post. After “If the Devs add new heroes to the training camp pool ( example: Khagan, Dominita, Friar Tuck, etc.) you will already have a hoard of heroes in queue at legendary RT to take advance of this change.”

Insert:

"This pool is different form the Devs adding heroes from new pools for event summons ( Pirates, Guardians, etc. ), or HotM, all of which cannot be produced in a training camp.

Elemental summons just use a special version of the legendary training pool, with a chance for HotM. It would be nice if the Devs revamped the color specific summons in the training camp, since few people use them."

1 Like

HotM is only a bonus draw. I am aware that it is not possible with Tc20. My question was, if all heroes, which are in the epic hero summon (all the ones you see when you scroll through them) are also possible with Tc20.
Because the original post could be interpreted like: “Khagan (for example) is a new hero and available in epic hero summon, but is not yet part of TC20 pool.”

I try an write these posts for new players. So you confusion is very important. Thanks.

As an aside, new players often misunderstand HotM, so I really should clarify that in the same edit.

1 Like

Done.

(20 characters)

1 Like

I don’t agree on all of those.

TC2 (Backpacks) is reasonably cost-effective, and far faster than TC4 or TC11. Even if you stop using your backpacks once you get TC4, they still make cheaper feeders than TC1 does. (My current game has me running TC11, TC13, and my third TC switches between 1, 2, and 11, whenever I have a decent batch of swords or backpacks)

TC19 is very recruit efficient, food spendy, and FAST. Should be worth using for speed-leveling when I can do it.

And lastly, TC12 is a special case food bank, used as you describe TC13/TC20.

I know somebody who really wanted Guinevere and/or King Arthur last month, and spent an embarrassing amount on a failed attempt. The result of this is a full inventory of every non-event 4* hero (And 3 Lancalot’s too). TC13 is bad enough with its low rate of 4* heroes. It is beyond bleak if all it produces for you are very food/recruit expensive 3* and 4* feeders!

And a player like Zero who probably has every non-event 5* as well as every non-event 4*, the same problem applies to TC20.

For cases, TC12 is a food bank with less food/recruit wastage than TC13 or TC20.

Okay.

See the following topic about the recruit bank, they have some really good advice:

This particular topic is focused on the hoarding play style. You can ignore any advice, or follow it slavishly. However I have been persuaded about extra fast training ( still only costs 2 recruits ):

See first post

How extra fast training fits into the hoarding play style.

2 Likes

OK, TC2 has no place in a hoarding play style, 'tho it is useful for my modified hoarding play style, with a bit less patience than full-on hoarding :slight_smile:

I think there is one odd corner cases where TC5-9 can be kinda-sorta-useful, but I’m ignoring those, and I can’t find ANYTHING good to do with TC10,14-18.

I still think that TC12 has a special place even in a hoarding play style, for players who bought (or played a loooooong time to accumulate) all the 4* and 5* heroes they need.

Thank you–the topic on the TC11 Recruit bank is fantastic; it and this one have really improved my game. (And saved me iron upgrading my houses too!)

2 Likes