[Play style] Recruit (RT4/ RT11) & Food (RT13/ RT20) Hoards- Updated 4-14

Posted from my smartphone

=begin quote from alliance chat =

When you get training camp up to 13 (unlocks Elite training), if are using it to hoard food (see forums) get Food storage at 10-10-10 so you have enough room to remove food, and recruits, for tier 4 ascensions.

As a bonus, Wanted missions (chest), and Titan loot, appears to be based on max food storage and max iron storage so all food storage at 10 should increase your food rewards from those.

Additionally, you can temporarily (minutes at a time) store extra food in a forge if you have enough ingredients.

==end quote==

This doesn’t work for me. With plenty of room for all materials if I hit minus I lose all resources. To be fair it tells me I will, but what am I doing wrong?

Do you also have room for the recruits? You must have space for both the food and the recruits.

2 Likes

Yes. I’ve tested it by starting and almost immediately hitting the minus, and there is plenty of room for everything.

If you are trying to remove the training that is currently in progress you are not refunded.

Only the trainings that havent started yet can be refunded.

4 Likes

Ohhhhh - that makes sense. Thank you!

Subject
Storing finished heroes in training camps

==begin alliance chat quote=
The forums claim you can use your training camp to store finished heroes. Set up 1- 4 training camps with extra low cost training half way through the month, then do not touch them until the following month. The following month, if you get the Hero of the Month, empty your training camps of finished heroes & feed them to your new hero for one day leveling of the Hero of the Month.

This won’t work for me because I don’t have the ascension items, and I use one camp to store food & one to store recruits. Rumors have it, all Lvl 20 farms help with the food issue.

I am going to try putting recruits in a training camp without taking finished heroes out by tapping on the building and not the finished item pop up.

If your careful you can add recruits without collecting the finished heroes. Probably easier on a tablet’s bigger screen.

==end chat quote==

3 Likes

OMG I am having so much fun hoarding my finished heroes (Note 1). It is very disappointing to get a finished hero from elite training and not like them. Currently I am collecting my finished heroes ever 8 days. First I collect my 4 elite training finished heroes. Sometimes I get a pleasant surprise, other times I get nothing.

Second I collect all my extra low cost training finished heroes. It is like my BIRTHDAY. I get 96+ finished 1* and 2* heroes to level my hero teams.

This also means I have a better shot at raising at least one hero’s special skill, which is always a cause for celebration.

I ended up moving my training camps to the lower right corner of my map so I don’t accidently click on the pop up and collect my finished heroes.

Note 1)

1 Like

Updated

Two days left on researching Legendary training.

I have burned a lot of recruits to build teams for the Challenge events. I have consumed a lot of food to raise my favorite 4* blue and 4* green troops.

16,614 recruits in hoard, 31.97 million food.

Isn’t the hero pool of TC20 the same like the one from Epic hero summons?

Great advice in this thread! Thank you!

I gladly took the advice to use TC11 as a “savings account” for recruits. And made a withdrawal yesterday to make 1* feeder heroes in order to futher level a few more healers for AW, fast. Works like a charm! Thank you!

Technically no, since HotM cannot be summoned.

However, this remark is aimed at Event summons, let me edit it.

Looks like the post got time locked.

@Rook - can you edit the post. After “If the Devs add new heroes to the training camp pool ( example: Khagan, Dominita, Friar Tuck, etc.) you will already have a hoard of heroes in queue at legendary RT to take advance of this change.”

Insert:

"This pool is different form the Devs adding heroes from new pools for event summons ( Pirates, Guardians, etc. ), or HotM, all of which cannot be produced in a training camp.

Elemental summons just use a special version of the legendary training pool, with a chance for HotM. It would be nice if the Devs revamped the color specific summons in the training camp, since few people use them."

1 Like

HotM is only a bonus draw. I am aware that it is not possible with Tc20. My question was, if all heroes, which are in the epic hero summon (all the ones you see when you scroll through them) are also possible with Tc20.
Because the original post could be interpreted like: “Khagan (for example) is a new hero and available in epic hero summon, but is not yet part of TC20 pool.”

I try an write these posts for new players. So you confusion is very important. Thanks.

As an aside, new players often misunderstand HotM, so I really should clarify that in the same edit.

1 Like

Done.

(20 characters)

1 Like

I don’t agree on all of those.

TC2 (Backpacks) is reasonably cost-effective, and far faster than TC4 or TC11. Even if you stop using your backpacks once you get TC4, they still make cheaper feeders than TC1 does. (My current game has me running TC11, TC13, and my third TC switches between 1, 2, and 11, whenever I have a decent batch of swords or backpacks)

TC19 is very recruit efficient, food spendy, and FAST. Should be worth using for speed-leveling when I can do it.

And lastly, TC12 is a special case food bank, used as you describe TC13/TC20.

I know somebody who really wanted Guinevere and/or King Arthur last month, and spent an embarrassing amount on a failed attempt. The result of this is a full inventory of every non-event 4* hero (And 3 Lancalot’s too). TC13 is bad enough with its low rate of 4* heroes. It is beyond bleak if all it produces for you are very food/recruit expensive 3* and 4* feeders!

And a player like Zero who probably has every non-event 5* as well as every non-event 4*, the same problem applies to TC20.

For cases, TC12 is a food bank with less food/recruit wastage than TC13 or TC20.

Okay.

See the following topic about the recruit bank, they have some really good advice:

This particular topic is focused on the hoarding play style. You can ignore any advice, or follow it slavishly. However I have been persuaded about extra fast training ( still only costs 2 recruits ):

See first post

How extra fast training fits into the hoarding play style.

2 Likes

OK, TC2 has no place in a hoarding play style, 'tho it is useful for my modified hoarding play style, with a bit less patience than full-on hoarding :slight_smile:

I think there is one odd corner cases where TC5-9 can be kinda-sorta-useful, but I’m ignoring those, and I can’t find ANYTHING good to do with TC10,14-18.

I still think that TC12 has a special place even in a hoarding play style, for players who bought (or played a loooooong time to accumulate) all the 4* and 5* heroes they need.

Thank you–the topic on the TC11 Recruit bank is fantastic; it and this one have really improved my game. (And saved me iron upgrading my houses too!)

2 Likes

I compared RT10, RT12, RT13, and RT20 as potential food banks.

TL;DR: For the 99%, use RT20 as soon as you can, RT13 until RT20 is available.

TL;DR2: If you already have surplus standard 4* heroes to level, use RT12 instead of RT13. If you have all the standard 4* AND 5* heroes you need, use RT12. You will waste less food and recruits. (RT10 appears to be marginally worse than RT12 aka still useless!)

A food bank does two things. All players fully benefit from the bank function (2), while the output heroes (1) vary widely in how useful they are for different players:

1. It produces heroes that you may want to keep and level up, assuming you still want the standard set of 3*, 4*, and 5* heroes. (Circumstance: this output is valuable, you will level up at least some of those heroes)
  2. It banks food and recruits. The food and recruits used up making heroes is wastage, lost from your bank. It would be like putting $1000 in a bank, knowing that the banker was going to spend $50 of your money on his lunch every day, then toss you a few crumbs! (Circumstance: The output isn’t valuable to you; you already have all of those heroes you need or want, and will feeding this output to the heroes you care about instead)

Free players will pretty much always want the output of 4* and 5* heroes. Even with the poor chance of 4* heroes from RT13. That reason is compelling, and also compelling to switch to RT20 when you first can do so.

If you have paid to summon heroes by the time you are at stronghold level 12/13, you probably have a rainbow set of five 4* heroes you are working on and starting to ascend, if not a second set. IF you have at least one worthwhile 4* hero in each color you haven’t started on yet, you don’t need the (low probability) 4* output of RT13, especially during the couple months you are building toward RT20.

And when you can run RT20, and the odds of getting a 4* are much better, as well as having the possibility of a 5*. In this circumstance, I’d recommend running RT12 instead of RT13.

If you don’t want the output, you want to run a food bank wasting the least recruits and food while you do it, and getting the highest feeder XP out of it. (All of them have such low feeder XP compared to other modes that this is secondary in my eyes)

• RT12 burns recruits the slowest, almost the same as RT10; RT13 is worse, and RT20 still worse.
  • RT12 also burns food the slowest, followed by RT10, RT13, and RT20
  • XP value of the output is pretty much terrible for all of them, worse by a factor of 10 than any production mode.
  • RT12 is a better than RT13, which is better than RT20 here; the recruit and food costs go up faster than the feeder value does.
  • RT10 with my fairly optimistic guess looks to be in the ballpark of RT20, and with my outrageously high case, similar to RT12.

I’ve compared using RT10 (extrapolated since I haven’t tried it; I made a perhaps overly optimistic assumption that it would have output somewhat better than a daily summon like RT20 has output somewhat better than an epic hero summon. I also did the math if it was somehow equally likely to produce 1*, 2*, or 3* heroes, which I don’t expect.), and RT12 with RT13 and RT20 for banking food. Here’s what I came up with, and compared them to other training center modes for reference The first two columns are how fast they burn your food and recruits; the next four are measures of how much value of feeder hero XP they produce (Assuming that you will be feeding the output to another hero, not keeping the hero for leveling up) :

Mode recruits / day k food / day XP (avg) XP / hour XP / recruit XP / kfood * Output
RT1 720 230 150 900 30 93.8 100% 1*
RT2 240 96 265 530 53 132.5 50% 1*, 50% 2* (note)
RT11 24 12 265 133 133 265.0 50% 1*, 50% 2* (note)
RT10 25 105 280 12 11 2.7 48% 1*, 48% 2*, 4% 3* (note)
RT10(alt) 25 105 387 16 15 3.7 33% 1*, 33% 2*, 33% 3* (note)
RT12 23 82 630 13 14 3.8 100% 3*
RT13 35 133 641 13 9 2.4 96% 3*, 4% 4* (note)
RT20 50 149 761 16 8 2.6 75% 3*, 20% 4*, 5% 5* (note)

NOTE: For any mode which has different star levels as the output, the actual odds are not disclosed, and I’m using my best guess. This only impacts the XP value and XP ratios; the burn rate for recruits and food is the same, no matter the output.

• The 50/50 odds for RT2/RT11 aren’t controversial
  • The 75/20/5 odds for RT20 are pretty well established from data collected from over 1000 heroes
  • The 4% odds of a 4* from RT13 isn’t as certain, but the odds are clearly low, and the XP value doesn’t change significantly at values between 0% and 10%
  • I have yet to find anybody who actually had used RT10, and I’m not willing to waste the food researching it or the time needed to get a vaguely useful sample out of it either–Even with my outrageously optimistic alternate version this mode is still worthless; its food burn rate makes it unattractive regardless of the output XP value.
2 Likes