[Play style] Gryphonknight's list of 4* & 3* to max

Subject
[Play style] Gryphonknight’s list of 4* & 3* to max

Not all heroes are good. That’s how F2P MMOs work.

Most of the XP used to level a hero, and all the ascension items, are lost if you use a 4* hero to level a 5* hero. A 4* 4.70 hero used to level a 5* 4.80 hero loses 42.45% of the XP and 50% of the ascension items needed to level a 5* 4.80 Hero. There is no limit to how many ascension items you can hoard. Finished extra low cost training can be hoarded by simply not collecting them from your training camp. So deciding which 4* heroes to level can save you a lot of time when you eventually get a good 5* hero. That’s how F2P MMOs work.

I wish we had a 5* HotM and a 4* HotM ( and 3* Troop of the Month and a 4* Troop of the Month ). Or maybe HotM alternates between 4* and 5* heroes.

The following heroes I would max, either with only farmable ascension materials or with non-farmable ascension materials. Spending XP and ascension items that cannot be recovered.

Healers ( I like them ):

non-farmable
Rigard 4* 4.70
Rigard the second, 4* 4.70 ( Major heal with cleanse, high defense & HP. Good design Devs. )
Melendor 4* 4.70
Melendor the second 4* 4.70 ( Major heal with dispel, high attack. Good design Devs. )

farmable
Sabina 4* 3.60 ( Major heal with dispel, high attack, not green. Good design Devs. )

Boldtusk 4* 3.60 ( Minor heal with attack buff )- personally wish Boldtusk had a higher attack and Kiril had a higher defense & HP.
Kiril 4* 3.60 ( Minor heal with attack & defense buff )

Kashhrek 4* 3.60 ( Major heal with protection from strong color, decent 4* center )

Belith 3* 3.50
Belith the second 3* 3.50 ( Minor heal with dispel )- personally wish Hawkmoon had the dispel and Belith had an attack debuff or a defense buff.
Hawkmoon 3* 3.50
Hawkmoon the second 3* 3.50 ( Minor heal, high attack stat, not green )

Friar Tuck 3* 3.50 ( Minor heal with mana buff, decent 3* flank )

Buffer
non-farmable
Wu Kong 4* 4.70

farmable
Wu Kong the second 4* 3.60 ( sacrifice special skill accuracy for x1.9 board damage lasts for 5 turns. Works well with glass cannons - Melendor/ Sabina/ Grimm/ Scarlett. Wu Kon IS also a glass cannon for good board damage. Very nice design Devs ). Personally wish Gambler’s Stance also came in purple and red heroes similar to Ramming Pulverizer having three colors.

Brienne 3* 3.50

Debuffer
non-farmable
Guardian Jackal 4* 4.70 ( the ultimate 4* glass cannon, works well with Wu Kong. VERY FAST mana. decent design Devs. )
Grimm 4* 4.70 ( glass cannon works well with Wu Kong. Defense debuff lasts for 6 turns. Good design Devs. )
Scarlett 4* 4.70 ( glass cannon works well with Wu Kong. Attack debuff lasts for 6 turns and is fast mana speed. Good design Devs. )
Gormek 4* 4.70 ( Ramming Pulverizer, defense debuff lasts for 6 turns, replaces Grimm verus green boss. Good design Devs. )
Guardian Falcon 4* 4.70 ( the ultimate 4* flank, is weak against blue, so pairs well with green 4* Kashhrek as center since Kashhrek is strong against blue. decent design Devs. ).

farmable
Tiburtus 4* 3.60 ( Ramming Pulverizer, defense debuff lasts for 6 turns, not blue, not red )
Hu Tao 4* 3.60 ( blind all enemies )- personally wish Sonic wall was average mana, target and nearby blinded for 2- 6 turns.

Bane 3* 3.50
Bane the second 3* 3.50
Bane the third 3* 3.50 ( fast mana speed blind target. May only get off one special, but it is a nice special )

Valen 3* 3.50
Valen the second 3* 3.50 ( fast mana defense debuff )

Dispeller
non-farmable.
Caedmon 4* 4.70 or 4* 3.60 ( high attack, compared to Sonya, good versus enemy heroes with defense buff. )- personally wish Caedmon was yellow ( Cyprian opponent ) or purple ( Wu Kong opponent) because Boril has a high defense stat which makes his reflect damage less scary than Cyprian and it lasts a short period of time which makes Boril less scary than Wu Kong.

Sonya 4* 4.70 or 4* 3.60 ( high defense & HP, compared to Caedmon, good versus enemy heroes with attack debuff. )- personally wish Sonya was red since most attack debuff are green.

farmable
Tyrum 3* 3.50 ( fast mana dispeller )
Tyrum the second 3* 3.50

Special Skill blockers
non-farmable
Peter 4* 4.70 or 4* 3.60 ( really wish silence lasted a random duration, say 1 to 6 turns )
Merlin 4* 4.70 or 4* 3.60 ( really wish Mindless Attack lasted a random duration, say 1 to 6 turns )

Damage Over Time
farmable
Nashgar 3* 3.50 ( fast mana sniper )- personally wish the 4* DOT heroes were very fast mana with single target or fast mana with splash damage.

Sniper
farmable
Balthazar 3* 3.50 ( fast mana sniper )

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure how to read this…

You seem to classify heroes as “farmable” and “non-farmable”… but then list the same hero under both?

Also, I presume that your phrasing of: “Hero” and ‘“Hero” the Second’ indicate that they are strong enough characters to warrant having multiple copies?

Farmable vs non farmable means the type of ascension materials needed to reach those levels.

1 Like

@Gryphonknight is indicating which heroes are worth ascending using non-farmable ascension items, and which are only worth using farmable items on.

Thanks for sharing this, @Gryphonknight. I don’t agree with everything, but I agree with most of it, and you’ve got me thinking about some 4* heroes I might have neglected.

2 Likes

First

I am looking at what heroes are worth spending non recoverable resources on:

XP
Food
Farmable ascension items
Non-farmable ascension items.

Second
I would love any comments on the list, still working on my 4* second rainbow and third rainbow teams.

Only enough XP and ascension items to level a second 4* rainbow team to 4* 4.70 but planning ahead.

My way of thinking: if its farmable then just do it!
No :star::star::star::star::star:
No Event heroes

If I were to build teams Id look to have at least:

2 x Heal
2 x Atk buff
1 x Def debuff
Dispel (if needed)
Cleanse (if needed)

And the heroes I value the most are:

• Dispel

• +Heal|M
      Belith
      Melendor
      Sabina
    • +Damage(1)|F
      Tyrum
      Caedmon
      Sonya
  • Cleanse

• +Heal|M
      Rigard
  • Atk Buff

• +Heal|M
      Boldtusk
    • +Heal +Def Buff|M
      Kiril
    • No other bonus|M
      Brienne
      Wu Kong
  • Def debuff

• +Damage(1)|F
      Valen
    • +Damage(3)|M
      Gormek
      Grimm
      Tiburtus
    • +Damage(5)|S
      Ulmer
  • low cost Damage(1)|F
    All the 3 :star: single target with no self heal are good but the top 3 are:

• +Blind
      Bane
    • No other bonus
      Balthazar
    • +Atk debuff
      Berden

The ones who Heal and buff Atk are worth going to 4.70 first

The ones who Dispel and deal damage are worth going to 4.70 second

2 Likes

Useful. Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Cookie Settings